Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am confused about that part. According to the papers when applying for the test starting rate was $26.99 for TO for test 8098

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/200808098000.pdf

since 2009, transit workers have gotten an 11 percent raise, granted by an arbitrator http://secondavenuesagas.com/2009/12/13/wage-increases-to-cost-100m-after-judge-backs-twu-in-appeal/

$26.99 x 1.11 = 29.9589 . After it's compounded a few times, it comes out to $30.0375

speaking of the contract, I've been looking for it online for YEARS now and figured it wasn't online. when the TWU came to talk to us in orientation they said it was on twulocal100.org but I still cant find it! anyone have a link to it? I would ask a union rep but I never see them :(

What I meant to say was, is the Conductor & Trackworker position like the Train Operator??? Where they are assigned one division or they can work both??

I am fairly smart and am not trying to be a wise guy. T.O's work separate divisions. Now does that hold for Conductors & Trackworkers??

What you may not be informed on is there has been a new contract since you applied for the filling of that test. The numbers you're going by are completely outdated. The numbers being provided to you here are verified to be correct by actual employees receiving said pay.

Therefore you can either believe a document created by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (Which no longer run the exams for hiring of job openings for the MTA anymore) back in 2009 or you can take the word of actual union employees receiving said pay. Some who are as new as you would be in a matter of weeks who are the beneficiaries of said salary.

since 2009, transit workers have gotten an 11 percent raise, granted by an arbitrator http://secondavenuesagas.com/2009/12/13/wage-increases-to-cost-100m-after-judge-backs-twu-in-appeal/

$26.99 x 1.11 = 29.9589 . After it's compounded a few times, it comes out to $30.0375

Thank you both for clarifying that. It's not that I wanted to believe the old salary and I did know that they had recently renegotiated the MTA contract and that DCAS no longer handles the MTA hiring exams. What I was unaware of was that the new contract affected the starting salary of new hires, so I was going on what I knew for fact at the time which was the quoted rate of pay for the exam numbers that we are on the list for now. When I seen people posting a different starting salary (which is much better btw) I wanted to be careful that it wasn't speculation by people looking to get in like me but rather the information is coming from people who are receiving this rate of pay that are already in the MTA and have gotten paychecks already in that position. That I would also consider official information (or at least enough for my purposes) so that I would know what to expect when they get to my number.

I am fairly smart and am not trying to be a wise guy. T.O's work separate divisions. Now does that hold for Conductors & Trackworkers??

Track workers and CRs can work where they are needed ,you are assigned that when you leave training.

​^^You didnt see this answer?

In my opinion, the perks you get being a PO is great. Plus you get to carry protection legally at all times. As far as pay goes, you may make more in the long run as a PO but it all depends. They are both well paying jobs. You'll start off getting paid more as a Train operator than as a police officer but in the long run I believe Top pay for PO is higher than TO.. They both have promotion opportunities. Both retire at 25/55 under tier 6. Both can be layed off due to budget cuts at anytime. TO is safer of course and less stressful. NYPD is a paramilitary organization so if your not used to getting yelled at or taking crap from people ie: co workers/supervisors and not being able to do anything about I would think twice. If you were in the military then you know the deal already. It's all what you make of it. Remember this is most likely what you will be doing for the rest of your life so its up to you.

TAKE MTA ANYTIME !!!!!!!!!

Track workers and CRs can work where they are needed ,you are assigned that when you leave training.

​^^You didnt see this answer?

With T.O. you "WORK WHERE YOU ARE NEEDED". You are basically assigned Divisions after orientation in school car. And the first 30 with lower list numbers get to pick. THANKS FOR ANSWERING A SIMPLE QUESTION, YOU WERE A GREAT HELP!!!

With T.O. you "WORK WHERE YOU ARE NEEDED". You are basically assigned Divisions after orientation in school car. And the first 30 with lower list numbers get to pick. THANKS FOR ANSWERING A SIMPLE QUESTION, YOU WERE A GREAT HELP!!!

You really need to relax seriously. I answered your question civil.

What's the OT like as a T\O? Is there daily overtime available or is it just on your RDO? I'm not planning on working OT as a probie, but I'm just curious and would like to know. Thanks

OT comes in two ways.. (My opinion) Unscheduled OT, Road blows up you get turned resulting in late clears or extra trips,or a lay up for a late clear.

Working on a Day off is the other(Which you have to put your name on the list for).

The other as a New TO isnt advisable.

Edited by RTOMan

OT comes in two ways.. (My opinion) Unscheduled OT, Road blows up you get turned resulting in late clears or extra trips,or a lay up for a late clear.

Working on a Day off is the other(Which you have to put your name on the list for).

The other as a New TO isnt advisable.

Thank you for answering RTO. I'm anxious to start schoolcar. I hope I made a good decision by leaving Mack Trucks UAW 677 to work for Transit.

What kind of questions do they ask about your current employer on the 10-page-booklet mailed to you with the drug test date report and on the dreaded 21-page-booklet as well. And do they want anything from your current employer, letters etc??? How does that work?

What kind of questions do they ask about your current employer on the 10-page-booklet mailed to you with the drug test date report and on the dreaded 21-page-booklet as well. And do they want anything from your current employer, letters etc??? How does that work?

They don't ask for anything from previous employers. They just ask you to disclose every job you've had in the past 10 years. Nothing much different from any other job app.

Edited by Yoshi809

List # 1200s Did my drug test last week, was there for about 5 hours. The reason for the second letter was because of the error for the salary, which is $30.0375. Waiting on the call to come in for medical.

Try to get there around 0630. You'll get there before anybody, buy when the receptionist arrives she'll tell you that you can go upstairs with her. You'll get one of the first numbers if not the first and you should be out of there fairly quick.

Try to get there around 0630. You'll get there before anybody, buy when the receptionist arrives she'll tell you that you can go upstairs with her. You'll get one of the first numbers if not the first and you should be out of there fairly quick.

Good looks. For the medical is it still 7:30am?

7:30 they start business. You can get there early but they won't do anything until after 7:30

It is at 0730, but the earlier you arrive, the lower the ticket number..therefore the quicker you're out of there and on your way to schoolcar. Good luck!

Got thru medical yest, in at 7:10am out by 2pm, thanks 2 every1 on this site for keepn heads informed. please take your ekg else where while ur not nervous/hype to be there, could save you some time.

Got sworn in, start class Jun 24 looking forward to meeting everyone

Got thru medical yest, in at 7:10am out by 2pm, thanks 2 every1 on this site for keepn heads informed. please take your ekg else where while ur not nervous/hype to be there, could save you some time.

Got sworn in, start class Jun 24 looking forward to meeting everyone

What was your list #?

What happened with the EKG?