Queens Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

Q43LTD

Not many know they still exist. Who do you think still leases JFK and FR depots to the MTA? (GBL's old Jamaica and Arverne Garages)

Yes, I think the President of all the Companies was someone named Jerome Cooper IIRC

"The Coopers" as we all use to call them. LOL

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gateway ia already served by the Q8.

The Q7's original purpose was to provide service from the (then) subway's eastern terminal (Euclid) with Idlewood (now JFK airport) and became the route to serve the airports caargo area. Without the Q7, how will cargo employees get to work?

How about we end this Q7 to Green Acres idea?

Gateway ia already served by the Q8.

The Q7's original purpose was to provide service from the (then) subway's eastern terminal (Euclid) with Idlewood (now JFK airport) and became the route to serve the airports caargo area. Without the Q7, how will cargo employees get to work?

You could have a branch of the Q6 or just have alternate Q7s serving the airport and the mall.

Why do people want to send the Q7 to Green Acres, and not the Gateway Centre in Brooklyn?

The notion is that it hardly gets usage inside JFK, so people wanna send it to Green Acres to increase its usefulness on that end of the route.....

People were advocating for Q7's to Gateway actually... It just so happened that the Q8 got sent down there instead.....

That's what I say, but of course it won't...

Old habits die hard, as they say....

Green Acres Mall needs more buses that goes deeper into Nassau, not more routes from Queens.

I'll go even further with that and say Green Acres doesn't deserve all the service that currently runs out there.....

the Q7 idea is a setup inpreparation for NICE N16 to green acres for deeper nassau links from green acres the areas served by Q7 and other jfk lines now can reach nassau without the belt parking lot thx to N16 Q7 links. The idea looked weak cause it did not take into account connecting lines affected. I didn't completely elaborate now you know why reality the Q111 some just get converted into Q113 while ones that leave at same time get the boot. Lets say brooklynbus' B19/22 get created this creates competition with cars. Now this way buses when linked at proper transfer points can be faster than driving in a sense if one transfers correctly they get sunrise hwy quicker due to Q7 bypassing belt traffic. And brooklynbus'B19 timing at cargo area with Q7 my plan modifies B19 to go via federal circle airtrain en rte to cargo area. NICE N16 times with Q7in addition ppl on rockaway blvd now have better access to elmont and nassau and thx to N16 the LIRR as well. Technically Q111 isnt axed completely but some duplicate trips are axed however if queens gets artics then Q113 local can get power up to absorb some of 111 that segment is short how is a Q111 local fast? plus if Q113 LTD gets powered up those jamacia folk will just transfer. Or Q111 can get a ltd as well

Tbh, I think only the Q5 should serve Green Acres. The Q5 is quicker, more frequent and more direct than the Q85 and the Q85 is my home line, so I know how it is. Not many ppl are even on the bus when I get off (I get off at S. Conduit & 225th, towards the end) and when I get on it, Jamaica-bound, not many ppl are on it either. All Q85s should just terminate at 147th.

Why were the Q5 and Q85 extended to Green Acres Mall?

Simple. Indirectly the competation from then dollar gypsy vans. In late 1980's the Q5 24/7 terminal in SE Queens was Rosedale LIRR. Dozens of passengers would walk across the busy Sunrise Highway about 1 mile beween the LIRR Rosedale station and Green Acres. When the dollar vans started to provide regular service to the mall, and hundreds of letters requesting it the MTA decided to extend the service. Thus the Q5 starting in 1989 and a few years later the Q85, was extended to Green Acres the first NYCT buses to serve Nassau, LI.

Hope it answers your question. Here link for more info.

PS I still think Green Acres with riders from SE Queens working at the Green Acres Wal Mart and other overnight shifts should have the Q5 run hourly overnight service to Green Acres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bus_routes_in_Queens

Simple. Indirectly the competation from then dollar gypsy vans. In late 1980's the Q5 24/7 terminal in SE Queens was Rosedale LIRR. Dozens of passengers would walk across the busy Sunrise Highway about 1 mile beween the LIRR Rosedale station and Green Acres. When the dollar vans started to provide regular service to the mall, and hundreds of letters requesting it the MTA decided to extend the service. Thus the Q5 starting in 1989 and a few years later the Q85, was extended to Green Acres the first NYCT buses to serve Nassau, LI.

Hope it answers your question. Here link for more info.

PS I still think Green Acres with riders from SE Queens working at the Green Acres Wal Mart and other overnight shifts should have the Q5 run hourly overnight service to Green Acres.

http://en.wikipedia....outes_in_Queens

It does answer my question. It all goes back to what I said about dollar vans earlier: Dollar vans run parallel to certain routes because they know people want a fast and reliable rides from Point A to Point B.

It does answer my question. It all goes back to what I said about dollar vans earlier: Dollar vans run parallel to certain routes because they know people want a fast and reliable rides from Point A to Point B.

Fast, yes, reliable? only until the cops pull it over. I rememberr in 89-90 it use to happen constantly on both Merrick And Brewer blvds. Biut the main reason that dollar vans were so popular was because as the fare kept raising, the dollar vans were still a dollar.

You didnt need a token or exact change.

You didnt have to wait forever for one.

and you could get on or off anywhere along the line.

Fast, yes, reliable? only until the cops pull it over. I rememberr in 89-90 it use to happen constantly on both Merrick And Brewer blvds. Biut the main reason that dollar vans were so popular was because as the fare kept raising, the dollar vans were still a dollar.

You didnt need a token or exact change.

You didnt have to wait forever for one.

and you could get on or off anywhere along the line.

Do Dollar Vans still run on Merrick and Brewer Blvd?