Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

Couldn't they have just had the (F) run normal and have the (E) go to 179 with if necessary some trains terminate at Parsons on the (F) as Parsons-Archer on the (E)and (J) is a bit of a distance from Hillside Avenue?

10 minutes ago, biGC323232 said:

That part....

They could'nt send the (J) a bit further than Bway Jct....Why not Cresent or 121st ???

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say this is more of the police most likely wanting to push back trains as far as possible in the case that it is an explosive or dispersal device and whoever planted it wouldn't be able to get far. Outside of that, it is a little weird (J) trains are cut back the most in this scenario to Broadway Junction instead of Crescent.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The QBL is back at it again. I knew something like this was coming since yesterday and earlier this morning, the trains were taking longer through 36 Street than usual.

Trains Rerouted

Major (E)(F)(M)(R) delays.

Limited (F) in Manhattan and Queens.

No (M) between Delancey St-Essex St and Forest Hills-71 Av.

Take (7) , LIRR or local buses.

What's Happening?

We're addressing a network communications problem near 36 St.

Detailed Service Changes

To alleviate congestion between Manhattan and Queens, the following service changes are in effect:

(M) trains are running between Middle Village-Metropolitan Av and Chambers St in both directions.

There are no (M) trains running between Forest Hills-71 Av and Delancey St-Essex St in both directions.

Some northbound (F) trains are running on the (G) line from Bergen St to Court Sq-23 St, then along the (E) line to Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av. Listen for onboard announcements to hear if your train will be rerouted.

Alternatives

LIRR will cross-honor MetroCard holders at no additional cost between:

Penn Station and Jamaica

Grand Central Madison and Jamaica

Take Q60 buses between Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av-JFK Airport and Grand Av-Newtown. These buses connect to (7) service at 46 St-Bliss St and Queensboro Plaza.

Posted: 04/28/2023 09:22 AM

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

21 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I am shocked people haven't sued at this point for lost jobs, compensation, etc over the continuous CBTC issues on the QBL. 

I think the MTA should sue the contractor for not fixing the problem, it’s their job to inspect the issue, they installed it. This is why the QBL is the worst branch line in the subway system, there is always some sort of signal communication network problem.

Edited by Chris89292

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

The (F) and (Q) lines at Lexington Av-63 St have heavy delays an hour ago due to a disruptive passengers on the tracks. It was a protest from an image that was seen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr6wXdsPeFC/

This isn’t a protest, I see this as trespassing and causing subway service disruption, these people better get arrested, we take our privilege of protesting for granted, we don’t know how to use it properly without causing trouble, it’s insane how people want attention

Edited by Chris89292

14 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

This isn’t a protest, I see this as trespassing and causing subway service disruption, these people better get arrested, we take our privilege of protesting for granted, we don’t know how to use it properly without causing trouble, it’s insane how people want attention

Was it a protest? yes.

Was it beyond stupid? definitely. 

On 4/29/2023 at 8:49 AM, Chris89292 said:

I think the MTA should sue the contractor for not fixing the problem, it’s their job to inspect the issue, they installed it. This is why the QBL is the worst branch line in the subway system, there is always some sort of signal communication network problem.

CBTC really seems like something the MTA should be able to do in-house. Having all these different 3rd party contractors for relatively "basic" projects sucks.

11 hours ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

CBTC really seems like something the MTA should be able to do in-house. Having all these different 3rd party contractors for relatively "basic" projects sucks.

I thought thee MTA workers do the installation in-house? I mean the MTA has the hardware to fabricate their own signals since no one makes fixed-block signals anymore; it wouldn't be a big leap 

11 hours ago, ABCDEFGJLMNQRSSSWZ said:

The MTA hires “experienced” companies to do it for them, so they aren’t blamed for any of the problems that occur, it’s just my thought tho 

Haven't seen DeKalb in a while:

Some Reroutes

Some southbound:

(N)(Q) trains run via (R) from Canal St to DeKalb Av.

(D) trains run via (F) from Broadway-Lafayette St to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Southbound (B)(D)(F)(N)(Q) and (R) trains are delayed due to a signal malfunction near DeKalb Av.

Additional Service Changes:

Some southbound (B) trains run via the (N) line from DeKalb Av to 36 St then via the (D) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Posted: 05/11/2023 08:21 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Part Suspended

There are no (N)(W) trains running between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and 57 St-7 Av.

There are no southbound (R) trains running from Queens Plaza to 5 Av/59 St.

The last stop on northbound (N)(W) trains will be 57 St-7 Av or 96 St on the (Q).

Some southbound (R) trains are running on the (F) line from 36 St to 34 St-Herald Sq, then along the (B) line to DeKalb Av.

Some southbound (R) trains are running on the (F) line from 36 St to Lexington Av/63 St, then along the (Q) line to 57 St-7 Av.

FDNY is investigating a report of smoke near Lexington Av/59 St.

Take the (7)(E)(F)(M) trains as an alternative.

Posted: 05/22/2023 12:40 PM

Not Mentioned:

Southbound (R) trains only are running via 63rd Street to either 6th Avenue or Broadway.

Northbound (R) trains are now running via 6th Avenue and 53rd Street.

Some northbound (F) trains are running via the (G) from Bergen Street to Court Square, then over the (E) to Roosevelt Avenue.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Part Suspended

There are no (N)(W) trains running between Astoria-Ditmars Blvd and 57 St-7 Av.

There are no southbound (R) trains running from Queens Plaza to 5 Av/59 St.

The last stop on northbound (N)(W) trains will be 57 St-7 Av or 96 St on the (Q).

Some southbound (R) trains are running on the (F) line from 36 St to 34 St-Herald Sq, then along the (B) line to DeKalb Av.

Some southbound (R) trains are running on the (F) line from 36 St to Lexington Av/63 St, then along the (Q) line to 57 St-7 Av.

FDNY is investigating a report of smoke near Lexington Av/59 St.

Take the (7)(E)(F)(M) trains as an alternative.

Posted: 05/22/2023 12:40 PM

Not Mentioned:

Southbound (R) trains only are running via 63rd Street to either 6th Avenue or Broadway.

Northbound (R) trains are now running via 6th Avenue and 53rd Street.

Some northbound (F) trains are running via the (G) from Bergen Street to Court Square, then over the (E) to Roosevelt Avenue.

This is still going on!

On 5/22/2023 at 2:01 PM, Lawrence St said:

There are no (2) (3) trains between 96 St and Harlem-148 St in either direction.

We are troubleshooting a mechanical problem on a train near 135 St.

Northbound (2) trains are running via the (4) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse. 

The last stop on northbound (3) trains will be 96 St.

What’s wrong with this? LMAO!

10 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

What’s wrong with this? LMAO!

I’m curious what you think is funny about the (MTA) report. From my perspective the (3) trains are discharged at 96th and stacking up N/B along Lenox Avenue until the problem is resolved. The (2) runs on the Lexington (4) line to the Concourse. If that’s your beef remember that it’s the (4) line because the (5) isn’t running along the route from Brooklyn at this time . Maybe I’m missing something ? Carry on.

3 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

I’m curious what you think is funny about the (MTA) report. From my perspective the (3) trains are discharged at 96th and stacking up N/B along Lenox Avenue until the problem is resolved. The (2) runs on the Lexington (4) line to the Concourse. If that’s your beef remember that it’s the (4) line because the (5) isn’t running along the route from Brooklyn at this time . Maybe I’m missing something ? Carry on.

From a technical point of view, the (2) can’t run via the (4) to 149th St-Concourse as it would arrive on the (4) platform and can’t get to WPR. I understand why they said (4) but perhaps they could have said to 138th St.

44 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

From a technical point of view, the (2) can’t run via the (4) to 149th St-Concourse as it would arrive on the (4) platform and can’t get to WPR. I understand why they said (4) but perhaps they could have said to 138th St.

I see your point although if it said to 138th St and resumed normal operations it would have been correct. I think most people understood the implication of the post. I wonder what you would say about my making two round trips on the (5) from the Concourse to Bowling Green arriving on the upper level Carry both times . I was never classified as being anything but a (5) . Either way I see your point. Carry on.

Edited by Trainmaster5

8 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

They should likely have said it via the (5) even if the (5) isn't actually running then OR as you noted via the (4) to 138th and then via regular route.

Couldn't they have had the (3) (or at least some (3) trains) terminate at 110th and turn there? 

46 minutes ago, Trainmaster5 said:

I see your point although if it said to 138th St and resumed normal operations it would have been correct. I think most people understood the implication of the post. I wonder what you would say about my making two round trips on the (5) from the Concourse to Bowling Green arriving on the upper level Carry both times . I was never classified as being anything but a (5) . Either way I see your point. Carry on.

Highly interesting. From how they've been doing G.O's with the (5) the past couple of years, it seems they use it more so when it's running as a shuttle between 149th & Bowling Green, since having it as a (4) would have people presume it goes to Brooklyn. That doesn't quite explain the (5) to Burnside G.O though.

Emergency track repairs at Canal St (A)(C)(E) earlier this morning caused uptown (C) to run express to 59 St - Columbus Circle. However, since the repairs are temporary, uptown (C) will run express for the rest of the day today. In order to make permanent repairs later tonight, (A) will skip Spring St in both directions, while (E) service is suspended between W 4 St and World Trade Center (trains will terminate at 2 Av). In addition, downtown (E) will run over the (F) line at the same time. starting at 21-Queensbridge.

Edited by CyclonicTrainLookout

More things happened today:

Earlier this afternoon, a broken rail at 34-Herald Sq had southbound (F) over Crosstown and southbound (M) over 8th Av

Currently happening, passenger struck by train at 81-Museum of Nat History had (B)(C) suspended in its entirety, and (A)(D) suspended between 59-Columbus Cir and 125 St. Some northbound (A) will terminate at Jay St, 59 St, or 125 St. Some northbound (D) will terminate at 36 St or 34-Herald Sq, while some southbound (A)(D) will terminate at 145 St or 125 St.

10 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

the first one sent an F up the crosstown, right behind the G train I was crewing. I had to move to let it pass, but the "wonderful" passengers insisted on walking down the platforms, holding the doors as they went...

I mean people have to get around, unexpected delays are annoying asf, I would be upset