Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I always wondered if that could happen. 

Could probably derail you. Good that no one was coming around there fast! How was it even discovered (before it was too late)?

Probably called in by a T/O going in the opposite direction. Because the signal is still lit I doubt if it would show up on a tower or model board because it was still functioning. Worse (or best) case scenario is having a signal maintainer or TSS investigate it if it wouldn't clear. Looking at the picture it appears to me that the signal is across the s/b track and should be visible to a T/O before he/she would make contact with  it.

Probably called in by a T/O going in the opposite direction. Because the signal is still lit I doubt if it would show up on a tower or model board because it was still functioning. Worse (or best) case scenario is having a signal maintainer or TSS investigate it if it wouldn't clear. Looking at the picture it appears to me that the signal is across the s/b track and should be visible to a T/O before he/she would make contact with  it.

Q1-509 - the upright signal - appears to be dark. I wonder what happened here.

Delays Posted: 08/05/2013 8:09PM

Due to signal problems at Cortlandt St, northbound (1) trains are running with delays.

Allow additional travel time.

Service Change Posted: 08/05/2013 6:00PM

Due to signal problems at 42 St-Grand Central, some northbound (5) trains are running on the (2) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Edited by AwesomeNinja

Service Change  Posted: 08/08/2013  9:59AM 

Due to switch problems at DeKalb Av, the following service changes are in effect:

There are no n.png trains between Canal St and DeKalb Av in both directions

There are no q.png trains between Canal St and Prospect Park in both directions.

There was a rail condition/replacement north of Canal Street and my R32 (J) was held for more than a few minutes. I decided to go home instead of RFWing since I waited long for it at Broad Street and the issue north of Canal Street where the curve is before Bowery occurred. I had to celebrate my little bro's birthday anyway.

Delays  Posted: 08/08/2013  6:11PM 

Due to signal problems at Utica Av, expect delays in northbound a.png train service. 

Service Change  Posted: 08/08/2013  6:20PM 

Due to signal problems at 149-Grand Concourse, northbound 5.png trains run express from 149-3 Av to E 180 St.

Delays  Posted: 08/08/2013  6:10PM 

Following an earlier incident at Jay St-Metro Tech, r.png train service has resumed with residual delays. 

we got a live one !

Service Change  Posted: 08/08/2013  8:02PM 

Due to signal problems at 149 St-3 Av the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound 2.png trains terminate at 34 St.

Northbound 5.png trains are running local from Jackson Av to E 180 St.

Some northbound 5.png trains terminate at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

For the past 45 minutes or so, the (2) and (5) have been FUBARed by a rail condition at Jackson Av. For a while there hasn't been any service between 135 St and 3 Av-149 St on the (2) and no service between E 180 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse on the (5). In the past few minutes, (2) train service has resumed for the most part but with extensive delays, so much so that some (5) trains are being extended into Brooklyn, at least according to the service change posting:

Service Change Posted: 08/11/2013 2:36PM

Due to rail condition at Jackson Av, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound 2.gif train service has resumed regular route with extensive delays.

There is no northbound 5.gif train service from 149 St-Grand Concourse to E 180 St.

Some southbound 5.gif train service are terminating at Flatbush Av.

Shuttle 5.gif train service operating between E 180 St and Eastchester- Dyre Av in both directions.

For alternate service take the Bx19 at 145 St making corresponding stops to 149- Grand Concourse and 3 Av- 149 St.