Unplanned Subway Service Changes

Guest lance25

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MTA Service Status

Delays Posted: 04/11/2014 2:52PM

Posted: 04/11/2014 2:52PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, the following services changes are in effect:

Northbound (4) trains terminate at Atlantic Av-Barclays Center.

Northbound (5) trains are running on the (2) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Allow additional travel time.

It's finished.im starting to think that it might not be so worth it to post advisories unless they know they will be long in length . I mean I bet no (4) train turned at Atlantic.And maybe one (5) went via 7th ave.then again I'm not traveling now and there are people who are

Edited by Abba

MTA Service Status

Delays Posted: 04/11/2014 2:52PM

Posted: 04/11/2014 2:52PM

Due to a train with mechanical problems at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall, the following services changes are in effect:

Northbound (4) trains terminate at Atlantic Av-Barclays Center.

Northbound (5) trains are running on the (2) line from Nevins St to 149 St-Grand Concourse.

I got caught in that today. My (4) train stayed in Utica for about 10 minutes before we finally left

So how is this possible? Posted: 04/12/2014 12:58AMDue to switch problems at 59 St-Columbus Cirlce, northbound A trains are running express from 59 St-Columbus Cirlce to 81 St-Museum of Natural History.Allow additional travel time.

There's a third track between 72 and 81 Sts

Due to a stuck boat under the South Channel Bridge, the following service changes are in effect:

There is no (A) train service in both directions between Far Rockaway- Mott Av and Howard Beach-JFK Airport.

There is no Rockaway Park (S) train service in both directions between Broad Channel and Rockaway Park-Beach 116 St.

As an alternative, customers are advised to use the Q21, Q52 and Q53 buses. Customers can take the Q52 and Q53 bus at Rockaway Blvd.

Service Change  Posted: 04/14/2014 10:48AM 

Due to a sick customer at 9 Av, southbound d.png trains are running on the n.png line from 36 St (Bklyn) to Coney Island-Stillwell Av.

Allow additional travel time

what wrong with the middle track?

http://www.mta.info/status/subway/NQR/23291754

Service Change  Posted: 04/14/2014  3:35PM 

Due to FDNY activity at Lexington Av- 59 St, the following service changes are in effect:

Some northbound n.png and q.png trains terminate at 42 St.

Northbound r.png trains are running on the f.png line from 57 St- 7 Av to 36 St (Qns)

Southbound n.png and q.png trains terminate at Queensboro Plaza.

(7) train I'm on right now is being held at 82nd St for a good 15 minutes. C/R said something about a police investigation at 74th.

Too bad there isn't a way for the (7) to switch onto the express tracks and go straight to Woodside. If it's that long, it must be serious and that way passengers can switch over to the uptown side for 69th and 74th if they need it.

Service Change  Posted: 04/19/2014  8:02AM 

a.png train shuttle buses are detoured, due to a crane operation on Nevins St.

Detour is as follows:

Northbound: Jay St-bound: Via Flatbush Av, right on 4 Av, right on Atlantic Av, right on 3 Av, left on Schermerhorn St and then regular route.

This isn't really a service change but due to the fact the 4 isn't running this weekend the 5 is running a couple of 142A sets from the 4

I happened to catch one yesterday evening headed to Dyre Ave..

Very strange to see a Kawasaki in Bombardier territory

I didn't get a chance to get a picture of it (I wish I did tho) but I'm sure they are still out there

Try to catch one

Service Change  Posted: 04/21/2014  6:57PM 

Due to gap filler problems at 14 St-Union Square, northbound 4.png and 5.png trains are running local from 14 St-Union Square toGrand Central-42 St.

Yay, I get to scrutinize before anyone else got to it! The northbound platform doesn't HAVE gap fillers, so why would it get affected?????

Surely they meant southbound. And yes, the mta website has been updated to reflect that.

Edited by Snowblock

Service Change  Posted: 04/23/2014 10:15PM

Due to NYPD activity at Bedford- Nostrand Avs, there is no G train service between Church Av and Court Sq.

Ah! The problems of 2-track lines with a sparse amount of switches: there's no running the line as little segments in case things go down somewhere and there's no possibility of bypassing the problem.