What song, radio station or music video are you listening to/watching?

MTR Admiralty

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting bro(MHV). Some damn good songs by the Clash. One thing classic rock stations such as NYC Q104.3 often overlook was the huge influence reggae had on the so called punk rock era especially during the early 1980's. Crossover Pop stars from Blondie to the Go-Go's and of course the Police and the Clash all were influenced by Bob Marley, Ken Boothe and others. It would be nice for classic rock stations like Q104.3 and close to my home WPDH play more of these rarely heard songs.B) Thanks MHV for the link to that rarely heard Clash song.)

Now my pick for the Police and a song that was heavily influence by reagge.

"message in a bottle'

Ah but my man, that song was the end of The Clash! By the time Rock the Casbah rolled around The Clash was plain old pop, and not good pop either. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. If we're doin The Clash, I think you got two songs by them that are really something special, both of which dropped on the debut US album:

1st one, one of my favorite songs, (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais. Didn't make the first cut of their debut, got tacked on later and Joe Strummer called it his favorite song they ever did. See how many reggae artists you can pick up in there... start with Ken Boothe and count the rest.

2nd one, best reggae-punk mix I've ever heard. Police and Thieves, the cover of falsetto man Jr. Murvin's reggae classic (and Jr. HATED the Clash version with a passion). Good music.

Just my two cents on the only band that ever mattered! :cool:

Couple of big hits from 2-hit wonder Terence Trent D'arby from the late 1980's. Mr. Darby was suppose to be the "next prince." LOL. Sadly it did not work out that way.:eek:

1)"Sign Your Name"

Terence Trent D'arby - Sign your name high quality - YouTube

2)"Wishing Well"

Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well HQ [1988] - YouTube