Would You Rather?

StevenFrancis

It doesn't really matter to me.

But if they have a pull cord, it should be for every single section on the bus. There's this one section on the right side of the new artic bus between the back door and the middle accordion section where there isn't any. The seats are facing towards the middle, so the other day when I was sitting there I just blindly reached back to try and pull the cord, and kept reaching because I thought I missed it. I felt like a complete dumbass when I turned around and realized it wasn't there.

I love the cords....i pull them when im sitting...i pull them when im standing...i pull them when were about to approach major stops...i hate the tape...because its not all around...and its boring...the buttons...i only like the buttons on the XD40s...big and have a nice design...so i press it when im standing...

It doesn't really matter to me.

But if they have a pull cord, it should be for every single section on the bus. There's this one section on the right side of the new artic bus between the back door and the middle accordion section where there isn't any. The seats are facing towards the middle, so the other day when I was sitting there I just blindly reached back to try and pull the cord, and kept reaching because I thought I missed it. I felt like a complete dumbass when I turned around and realized it wasn't there.

lmaoo yes i know that part too! when you said that i knew you was talking about the LFSA...as for the XD60...theres a little pull cord for that window there...so every window has a pull cord...

I prefer cords. Every week, my commute entails a local transit agency with cords and a regional agency with tape (on their buses) - I can never get used to the tape, because it is very reminiscent of the passenger emergency alarms on TTC subway trains, and I have this irrational paranoia of pissing off the driver and getting fined if I push it :(

Am I the only one here that prefers tape?

No, I prefer it as well. It's much more durable and vandal resistant.

On that note, I hate that low floor buses can't be equipped with a roofline tape, due to height and vent placement. Used to love standing on an RTS or Orion V and just reaching up to request my stop. You can't do that on the low floors.

I like the buttons and apes, because you don't have to reach high for them. They can have the tapes on each bulkhead down to seat level, and the buttons on the poles.

I was so surprised in the 80's, on a bunch of cities new Flxible Metro's that they were going back to cords, and now, it has finally spread here. I guess with the cords, you only need one input source (the thing the cord tugs on), where each tape or button is a separate source. (Is that why they did it?) But the cord has to be puled taut, and can break as well (I saw this in my first Excelsior ride two months ago).

Tapes are more solid state, and seemed more modern. Cords are so "new-look".

If I had the choice between tape or cord, I would take the cord. But I'm not going to complain over it if I have to use the tape.

No, I prefer it as well. It's much more durable and vandal resistant.

Very true. I remember being on the Q30 and seeing cords on the NG HEVs ripped out of the sensors or cut (most likely intentionally). Absolutely terrible to see that.

I like the buttons and apes, because you don't have to reach high for them. They can have the tapes on each bulkhead down to seat level, and the buttons on the poles.

I was so surprised in the 80's, on a bunch of cities new Flxible Metro's that they were going back to cords, and now, it has finally spread here. I guess with the cords, you only need one input source (the thing the cord tugs on), where each tape or button is a separate source. (Is that why they did it?) But the cord has to be puled taut, and can break as well (I saw this in my first Excelsior ride two months ago).

Tapes are more solid state, and seemed more modern. Cords are so "new-look".

That's exactly why they switching to cords...less maintenance compared to the tape

Just to throw something out there, I was on a Ex Beeline on the Q18 and the cord was ripped out on left side and tangled up on the right side

So as far as vandalism goes the tape is better but I prefer whatever is in reach and is there at the time it does not matter to me as long as the bus is running. But the tape is better and I am more used to the tape.

Cords are better than pressing the tape, that's just me tho. I think if you don't press the tape hard enough it doesn't activate the "stop request"

Lol. I always see people pressing the life out of the tape. I'm like, didn't you hear the bell or can't you see the lighted sign. I think some just do it out of ignorance.

I would take the cord or button. With the tape sometimes I cannot reach it because im not in the right seat (RTS).

I never had a problem reaching any tapes and a last (but usually my first) resort would be the tape on the bulkhead.

I like cords and buttons because you can be anywhere and still request your stop even if you sit in the aisle seat, the tap is only by the window seats so if you're in the aisle or if you're in an accordion bus in the middle rotating area , you have to be fast, speakin g of accordion buses, why dont they have a form of requesting your stop there like at least a button or something??

Would you rather pulling a cord, pressing a yellow tape or pushing a red button to request your stop?

I like this question.....

To answer it, I'd say it depends if I'm standing or sitting.... But in general, pressing the tape is the least of the 3 I like doing... I've seen a lady break her finger pressing the the tape (I still don't know how she managed to do that, but whatever)....

If push came to shove, I tend to favor pulling the cord over pushing the button.... it's an easier/laidback motion....

I like this question.....

To answer it, I'd say it depends if I'm standing or sitting.... But in general, pressing the tape is the least of the 3 I like doing... I've seen a lady break her finger pressing the the tape (I still don't know how she managed to do that, but whatever)....

If push came to shove, I tend to favor pulling the cord over pushing the button.... it's an easier/laidback motion....

Lmfaooo i can picture your reaction to that "but whatever" lmaoo

Archived