New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howell has been doing AM inbound trips on the 116 for a couple of months now. Also been seeing them regularly on the 111 also.

The CNGs are getting a workout.....just about every inbound 308 last night was a CNG. Ironbound must still be having manpower problems, I haven't seen much of them on the 308 this summer.

And the DesignLine's have been staying out late. I see one on the 137 leaving around 10pmish.

Edited by BZGuy

Howell has been doing AM inbound trips on the 116 for a couple of months now. Also been seeing them regularly on the 111 also.

The CNGs are getting a workout.....just about every inbound 308 last night was a CNG. Ironbound must still be having manpower problems, I haven't seen much of them on the 308 this summer.

And the DesignLine's have been staying out late. I see one on the 137 leaving around 10pmish.

I take it Howell hasn't bought out any D4500s on the 116 yet.

Ironbound needs to get their act together, Meadowlands and Howell can't do the 308 by themselves. Especially when the buses operate during rush hour.

Last time I saw a CNG was this morning, and that was the first time in weeks I had seen one.

Been seeing more DesignLines doing the AM rush runs. They're still on the 139, they're occasionally on the 64, 67, 133 and 138. Still haven't caught any on the 131/135.

I take it Howell hasn't bought out any D4500s on the 116 yet.

Ironbound needs to get their act together, Meadowlands and Howell can't do the 308 by themselves. Especially when the buses operate during rush hour.

Last time I saw a CNG was this morning, and that was the first time in weeks I had seen one.

Been seeing more DesignLines doing the AM rush runs. They're still on the 139, they're occasionally on the 64, 67, 133 and 138. Still haven't caught any on the 131/135.

That's how short on buses they are to be using those DL's.

Question: since when did Egg Harbor replace the covered fluorescent lights with blue covers on their 6200 NABIs? I rode on one of them on the 505 today. The driver told me it was for glaring purposes. Is NJT planning to do that on all their NABIs?

Yeah the glare was terrible when they were white. Its not as bad with them but i still ride with them off at night.

Started doing it within the last 3 weeks or so.

Really cant tell from this pic, but it is much more blue then this.

38ED18A3-221E-4079-A192-69CE5D97067A.jpg

Edited by 553 Bridgeton