Brooklyn subway ‘surfer’ smacks head on steel beam while riding atop of F Train

-CT1660-

surf6n-1-web.jpg

The man injured riding the F train Tuesday morning was the second incident in a week. A man high on synthetic marijuana was killed.

A subway “surfer” was seriously injured when he struck his head on a steel beam while riding atop an F train in Brooklyn Tuesday, the second such accident in a week, police said.

The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was rushed to Lutheran Hospital in critical condition after the 2:20 a.m. incident.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/brooklyn-subway-surfer-smacks-head-steel-beam-article-1.1506946#ixzz2jnHMNLbC

Didn't that happen once before? Kid was walking around on the tracks and got hit. His parents turned around and sued the MTA for negligence.

I don't know... Could've happened... In this case though, if the kid was riding on top of the subway car, I don't see how they could argue negligence on behalf of the (MTA). Then again, crazier things have happened before...

I don't know... Could've happened... In this case though, if the kid was riding on top of the subway car, I don't see how they could argue negligence on behalf of the (MTA). Then again, crazier things have happened before...

I believe a criminal was able to successfully sue the MTA after running into the tracks to avoid the cops and getting struck by a train. So, there's that precedent.

I don't see how that is related to this case. Speed's la metro scene would probably be a better example. 

How long before his parents decide to sue the MTA?

And watch the jury side with the person. smh. This is why I'd rather they have judges only trials. I wonder how many in the jury have an anti-rMtA bias and siding against them is like their way of sticking it to the system? They wonder why fares are high, well they have themselves to blame for letting idiots costing the MTA money from stupid lawsuits like that to happen. What the hell happened to common sense these days? Ban frivolous lawsuits already.

I don't see how that is related to this case. Speed's la metro scene would probably be a better example. 

And watch the jury side with the person. smh. This is why I'd rather they have judges only trials. I wonder how many in the jury have an anti-rMtA bias and siding against them is like their way of sticking it to the system? They wonder why fares are high, well they have themselves to blame for letting idiots costing the MTA money from stupid lawsuits like that to happen. What the hell happened to common sense these days? Ban frivolous lawsuits already.

So what you're saying is, you DON'T want a trial by jury? Because a Judge by his or herself can do the same thing you know.

Judges and experts also tend to decide against the MTA; look at the arbitration panels that decide terms for contracts.

There seems to be this idea that because the MTA has the authority to issue however many bonds it likes, that it can give money to everybody. (This was indeed the argument used by the arbitration panel when inking a more generous contract way back when.) I don't think most people realize that the long-term fiscal health of the MTA is in danger.

Archived