Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

Why is anyone discussing a car class that hasn't even gone out for bid yet?

What did you expect? Bring up R211 or R179 in a thread and the thread will explode with activity in under a few hours. Only foamers can do that.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an R32 thread, but yeah, the i seen some more SMS'ed R32's they look good, but some of them have not gotten their windows replaced, but they can still do it

as for the R179's I heard the MTA combined the order with the R211 order and scrapped the R179 idea

if this is true, The R32's and R42's will be here until 2019-2020, if this is true, but right now lets just focus on whats going on now

this is an R32 thread, but yeah, the i seen some more SMS'ed R32's they look good, but some of them have not gotten their windows replaced, but they can still do it

as for the R179's I heard the MTA combined the order with the R211 order and scrapped the R179 idea

if this is true, The R32's and R42's will be here until 2019-2020, if this is true, but right now lets just focus on whats going on now

At least that makes sense. Don't waste money and time on a separate contract. On the other hand, if this is true, then they should at least be putting more work onto SMS'ing the R32's so that they last the extra few years, and look better too.

• 1 month later...

Im Starting a Thread on the Summer Time Swaps and that occurred last year and the year before last, Also the R32 as a whole. Last year the (C) had 100% R46's in 2010 the (C) had mostly R44's with 8 car R32's, and the (A) had R32's and R46's for the past 2 years in the summertime and last year one set of R42's were also on the (A). last year for one weekend 2 train sets of R32's were on the Rockaway Park Shuttle (summertime) and were signed up as (H), now that the summer is comming and its in the talks of happening again including a possible return of the R42 (A) train, its most likely gonna happen and don't be surprised to see not 1 but a 2 sets of R42's or more due to the R32's SMS program, share your thoughts and at shoreline PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE THIS THREAD UNLESS THERE IS FLAMMING OR IF IT RUNS ITS COURSE!!!

thank you

share your thoughts and pictures or videos

Im Starting a Thread on the Summer Time Swaps that occurred last year and the year before last, Last year the (C) had 100% R46's in 2010 the (C) had mostly R44's with 8 car R32's, and the (A) had R32's and R46's for the past 2 years in the summertime and last year one set of R42's were also on the (A). last year for one weekend 2 train sets of R32's were on the Rockaway Park Shuttle (summertime) and were signed up as (H), now that the summer is comming and its in the talks of happening again including a possible return of the R42 (A) train, its most likely gonna happen and don't be surprised to see not 1 but a 2 sets of R42's or more due to the R32's SMS program, share your thoughts and at shoreline PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE THIS THREAD UNLESS THERE IS FLAMMING OR IF IT RUNS ITS COURSE!!!

thank you

share your thoughts and pictures or videos

The (C) wasn't 100% last year. There was at least one R32 on it.

BTW i think this thread should be in the Main NYCS forum as this is more of a discussion, even if vids/pixs are added!

Edited by mark1447

The (C) wasn't 100% last year. There was at least one R32 on it.

BTW i think this thread should be in the Main NYCS forum as this is more of a discussion, even if vids/pixs are added!

oh yeah oops i wasn't paying attention, can someone move this thread to the main NYCS page

DOes anyone have any word on the R32 SMS? It may prevent summer swaps in the future. I dont expect this year to be as big of a swap as last.

they are half way done with the SMS, and from what i heard they still might go with it, half of those R46's need to be off the (A) they breakdown too much, they should just have the (C) 100% R46 and the (A) half R32 and Half R46, the (A) would be more reliable, the R46's btw break down more than the R32's

DOes anyone have any word on the R32 SMS? It may prevent summer swaps in the future. I dont expect this year to be as big of a swap as last.

SMS should stand for SMH if you ask a T/O who works the C line on the weekends....

This coming summer, are both the A & C lines going to flip cars, the R32 from the C to the A & half of the R46 from the A to the C.

If so, what is the date and month this will happen.

Theres gonna be at least one R32 on the (C). Like last year.

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't surprise me to see the R42's on the (A) line. Their are 48 R42 cars left in service and the 207th Street yard is home to trains that are at the end of their careers. In my opinion, I think there will be a 3 yard switch. Jamaica Yard will give East New York yard 50 R160 cars (which they would renumber and make into 8 car sets.) East New York yard would give the 207th Street yard all 48 R42 cars and the 207th Street yard will give the Jamaica yard 48 R46 cars.

Edited by R32 Anthony

It wouldn't surprise me to see the R42's on the (A) line. Their are 48 R42 cars left in service and the 207th Street yard is home to trains that are at the end of their careers. In my opinion, I think there will be a 3 yard switch. Jamaica Yard will give East New York yard 50 R160 cars (which they would renumber and make into 8 car sets.) East New York yard would give the 207th Street yard all 48 R42 cars and the 207th Street yard will give the Jamaica yard 48 R46 cars.

WTF are you talking about?

There going to turn 5 car 160's to 4 car sets and renumber them?

Bring all the 42's from Jam Yard to the A line?

Lord Have mercy.

Edited by Dan05979

In my opinion, I think there will be a 3 yard switch. Jamaica Yard will give East New York yard 50 R160 cars (which they would renumber and make into 8 car sets.) East New York yard would give the 207th Street yard all 48 R42 cars and the 207th Street yard will give the Jamaica yard 48 R46 cars.

All of that doesn't make sense and won't happen.