Fleet Swap Discussion Thread

INDman

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

R32's are BMT style. The can't replace any IRT-Style work car.

The work car R33s (not R33WFs) were based from the 36th-38th St. Yard after retirement, so it is safe to assume that the R32s are replacing the R33s (the R32s are assigned to 36th-38th too...); the R33s have no air conditioning while the R32s do, and the R33s are somewhat older...

For sure the R33WFs are not being replaced entirely by R32s...

Edited by Obito

The work car R33s (not R33WFs) were based from the 36th-38th St. Yard after retirement, so it is safe to assume that the R32s are replacing the R33s (the R32s are assigned to 36th-38th too...); the R33s have no air conditioning while the R32s do, and the R33s are somewhat older...

For sure the R33WFs are not being replaced entirely by R32s...

There have been some R32's over there for years. The only thing that will bump off the R33 WF's and ML's would be any other IRT car like a R62A since the IRT cars can fit in any line while the R32's can only fit in some lines including IND and BMT.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the NYC subway when I was there in July. Just always thought it was a bit odd some lines have multiple fleets. Most subways(afaik), including London Underground only has 1 per line except when the old fleets are being replaced and don't swap them between lines, I suppose it's just how the NYC subway is maintained and built?

I loved the NYC subway when I was there in July. Just always thought it was a bit odd some lines have multiple fleets. Most subways(afaik), including London Underground only has 1 per line except when the old fleets are being replaced and don't swap them between lines, I suppose it's just how the NYC subway is maintained and built?

This should be posted in the random thoughts thread not here.

• 5 weeks later...