Q44 SBS Discussion

nuyorican

its a bit late but I want to post a video of the Q44 local cause almost no one fanned that route everyone went for the LTD

Q44 ends too early for most fanners to get there. I'm also willing to bet most fanners are not morning people (myself included in that category). Regardless, nice catch.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q44 ends too early for most fanners to get there. I'm also willing to bet most fanners are not morning people (myself included in that category). Regardless, nice catch.

luckily I live on main st I had to take the last Q44 local of the morning to get to school every day now I gotta wait an extra 5min for the Q20  -_-

I wrote this in the random thoughts, but I'll just copy it here. So today on the Q44 SBS, some of the buses I saw were still displaying "Q44 Limited" instead of the Q44 +Select Bus programs... either those buses don't have the SBS codes in them or there was a glitch in the system. Would have been real confusing considering the buses still said "Limited" yet SBS started...

I wrote this in the random thoughts, but I'll just copy it here. So today on the Q44 SBS, some of the buses I saw were still displaying "Q44 Limited" instead of the Q44 +Select Bus programs... either those buses don't have the SBS codes in them or there was a glitch in the system. Would have been real confusing considering the buses still said "Limited" yet SBS started...

The bus probably wasn't updated to include the new codes

I wrote this in the random thoughts, but I'll just copy it here. So today on the Q44 SBS, some of the buses I saw were still displaying "Q44 Limited" instead of the Q44 +Select Bus programs... either those buses don't have the SBS codes in them or there was a glitch in the system. Would have been real confusing considering the buses still said "Limited" yet SBS started...

Is it possible the limited code is different from the SBS code, and the B/O just put the wrong one in?

That's strange all of the buses still aren't updated they can confuse passengers like that.

Is it possible the limited code is different from the SBS code, and the B/O just put the wrong one in?

I doubt the B/Os put in the wrong code, since there were 5-6 with the Limited codes on like I said. Maybe they just put the SBS codes over the Limited ones, and the buses that were on didn't get the update.

That's strange all of the buses still aren't updated they can confuse passengers like that.

Well most of them are, but yeah it would have been real confusing.

They had them out already? The MTA worker at the bus stop at 73rd Ave told me it would be a few weeks before they checked tickets.

They were making the rounds on Day One.  For now they're in "information" mode, handing out brochures and making sure that passengers know to recognize them. After two or three weeks, they'll start issuing $100 summonses for those who don't have machine receipts. 

And the team I saw in Flushing on Sunday already knew to relax the "receipts are good for only an hour" rule because the scheduled one-way running time can exceed 90 minutes.

I saw a lot of manhattan buses on the Q44 today only one unit for CS and like 6 fromm Quil additionally a lot of people are already naturalized into this SBS service at flushing I saw a lot of ppl using all doors which was nice bus came in out with a driver change in five minutes 

I saw a lot of manhattan buses on the Q44 today only one unit for CS and like 6 fromm Quil additionally a lot of people are already naturalized into this SBS service at flushing I saw a lot of ppl using all doors which was nice bus came in out with a driver change in five minutes

Those Quill buses belong to Stengel now. Stengel swapped the 5900s for Quill's 5800s for mileage reasons

They had them out already? The MTA worker at the bus stop at 73rd Ave told me it would be a few weeks before they checked tickets.

Yeah, they startled me. You're trying out this new system and the authorities are there to intimidate you from the start.

I guess there won't be anymore 40 foot buses on the q44.

I'm just glad they didn't eliminate the zerega avenue stop.

There can still be 40 footers from time to time. 

There was one the second day of the Q44 SBS, so yes there still will be 40-footers on that route lol...

Not sure if this was answered but what will happen to the Q44's trippers from QV? Will they just run on the Q20 instead?

There was one the second day of the Q44 SBS, so yes there still will be 40-footers on that route lol...

Not sure if this was answered but what will happen to the Q44's trippers from QV? Will they just run on the Q20 instead?

They've been running it as Q20's for a while now, since before the 44 was converted to SBS.

Q44 school trippers became nonexistent when the fall pick started. The Q20A/B trippers replaced the Q44 trippers in September.

Archived