Q44 SBS Discussion

nuyorican

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt the MTA say that they were gonna have the SBS run with regular-sized buses.

If so we don't need another Rigid SBS after the 34s and 79 especially when the B46 is the third busiest route in the city but number six (B44) is using artics for its SBS service. 

I think they should  just suspend the B46 SBS until they  get artics instead of wrapping to unwrapping  the NGs or XDs for when the put artic on the line. 

Ok so a dumb question BUT I'll ask. Once the Q44 SBS starts, the Q20A becomes 24-hr. Now will those bus stops that have "Q44 LATE NIGHT STOP" be removed and just served by the Q20A?

***NOTE: If this question was asked and answered, I apologize.***

sign for overnight service have already been removed 

I would have kept the Q44 local at night. It is not terribly slow at night like the day time is. I think the Q44's will still be packed and those Q20s may run empty.

The Q44 will most likely remaining running every 30 minutes while the Q20 runs every hour.

yeah its gonna suck

I believe the whole artic fleet of CS should be wrapped for SBS service.

Just so weird that CS gets their SBS+ service before the B46.

About half and half of the Q44 fleet was wrapped for SBS today.

I think they should just suspend the B46 SBS until they get artics instead of wrapping to unwrapping the NGs or XDs for when the put artic on the line.

I heard that is the reason the B46 will not start SBS this year. Don't know how true that is.

CS already had the artics necessary for the Q44 SBS but apparently FB don't have enough artics for the B46 SBS...

If the (MTA) is smart and wanted the B46SBS+ to start this year.  Get some buses from West Farms or MJQ over to FB and swap for RTS.

However, the best approach is to wait for next year or in 2017 to have SBS+ on Utica. The SBS needs to be at the Bridge and not on DeKalb.

BAD NEWS: I was talking with a dispatcher NO Q44 SBS tickets on the Q20

That doesn't really add up. That goes back to me saying what if the Q44 comes to the stop packed because if you know the Q44 it is always packed and a empty Q20 comes right behind it. Am I really forced to get on the crowded Q44 bus when I could ride on an empty Q20 bus right behind it?

I don't know but the dispatcher could be wrong. The MTA can give us more information as we get closer to the launch date. But I think that it should be accepted on the Q20 because there are transfer points on the Q20A/B that the Q44 doesn't stop at ex: Northern Blvd and Union Street to the Q13/Q28 and that would require the payment of two fares.

honestly how I think it will work out is that Q20 is not supposed to accept the tickets. However most Q20 riders won't give a shit anyway so as long as you ask nicely they'll probably let you go  

In all honesty, they really should allow the tickets on the Q20, since the two routes run together, and it'll make no sense for people who already bought the Q44 tickets to pay again on the Q20 if there's no Q44 coming.

How does transferring to and or from an SBS route work.

I couldn't really test it out but yesterday I went from 81st to 86th street on the (C) then I dipped my card into the SBS machine for the M86 SBS.

Similarly I took the M34SBS a month ago and transferred to the <7> at 34th street so does that read as tranfer? I have an unlimited so either way I would still be able to ride anyway.

On buses would I have to show the driver on the non SBS route my ticket or is the transfer on the Metrocard itself

How does transferring to and or from an SBS route work.

I couldn't really test it out but yesterday I went from 81st to 86th street on the (C) then I dipped my card into the SBS machine for the M86 SBS.

Similarly I took the M34SBS a month ago and transferred to the <7> at 34th street so does that read as tranfer? I have an unlimited so either way I would still be able to ride anyway.

On buses would I have to show the driver on the non SBS route my ticket or is the transfer on the Metrocard itself

The transfer is on your card. The  sbs machines will read the transfer and give a ticket.   The subway turnstilles aknowledge a transfer if your used your card a sbs machine.  

Well, I have an unlimited card anyway, but if I didn't I'd use bustime/transit first to see if the bus was coming before I dipped for a SBS receipt.

Sometimes while waiting for the M60 I dip my card and walk toward the next stop to get some exercise instead of just standing there, and when the bus arrives I can just jump on.

Well, I have an unlimited card anyway, but if I didn't I'd use bustime/transit first to see if the bus was coming before I dipped for a SBS receipt.

Sometimes while waiting for the M60 I dip my card and walk toward the next stop to get some exercise instead of just standing there, and when the bus arrives I can just jump on.

not a bad idea especially since I can walk faster than a Q44 even with the bus lanes 

not a bad idea especially since I can walk faster than a Q44 even with the bus lanes

And people in Flushing still drive and double park in the bus lane. I can already foresee a lot of tickets being giving out. I can see many people getting tickets at Main St and 41st just because many didn't understand what SBS I was.

Like I've said before. The Q44 SBS is going to be a huge money pot. Tickets all over the place! It might start the same way as the M15 SBS regarding tickets.

Ideally, ticketing revenue should go down as people learn not to block the bus lanes, but we'll see.

They can probably rake in tens of millions from the Chinese van drivers alone.

Ideally, ticketing revenue should go down as people learn not to block the bus lanes, but we'll see.

They can probably rake in tens of millions from the Chinese van drivers alone.

Exactly I can see it happening. I was on the M86 and the MTA guys were checking tickets at Madison Ave. One guy who was getting off was getting mad at them because they asked for a ticket and he didn't want to show them because he was in a rush. They were arguing I thought a fight was going to break out. They were able to get one woman who just ran onto the bus before it pulled off a stop before. So even thought she didn't get time to pay I believe they gave her a ticket. Those guys held up the bus for a while too around 3 minutes.

Archived