Q44 SBS Discussion

nuyorican

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if it will snow at all this winter. It has been pretty warm so far compared to last year, but in 2013 I believe it snowed a few times in Novermber.

Don't say anything yet. The snow usually comes in around January or February. However, I do remember a few winters with very little or no snow.

The MTA worker stationed by the machines today by Union Tpke to teach people about SBS told me that you cannot use the receipts to board the Q20, since it is a different line that the Q44. I don't know if he is correct, but it is very odd. 

yeah it not allowed

In that case, there's really no excuse for them to not let passengers on the local instead of the 44 SBS

How do they know that someone has not just used the Q44 before boarding?

Have they updated the subway announcements?

I was just thinking about Queens but they'd have to update the (2)(5)(6)(7)(E)(F)(J)

I have been taking Q44 SBS every day while doing volunteer for NICE Bius at FLushing, Jamaica Center, Jamaica Bus Terminal.

How has that been going? The stops still seem close on the map.

No new announcements yet.

I wonder if they will do the (F) at both Van Wyck Blvd and Sutphin.

The only q44 bus stop affected by the implementation of theq44 is the harrod ave bus stop s/b and the Bronxrrive . Ave bus stop both ways. ..but to much it isnt that much of a deal since one can walkto the . Tremon/devoe bus stop for the bronx river av . Bus stop and Rosedal . For the harrod ave stop s/b

The bus lanes in Flushing are pointless if the 109th precinct in Flushing does not enforce them. Its amazing how many people park/double park in them in Flushing. In Jamaica along Hillside ave there is a huge effort to keep them clear.  

The Sidewalks at some SBS stations should be extend out to the bus lane. 

BusBulbpciture.png

So the Q44 Sbs Buses will not need to pull in and out, Q20A/B can stop behind the Q44. The following stops would be perfect Booth memorial hospital stop north bound, Elder ave, 73rd ave and Union Turnpike North Bound. I think in Flushing along Main street the DOT is supposed to make improvements.

Q44 SBS ride was great. It's quicker than old Q44 LTD.

Some people still not use to it.

I think most people who knows how to use Q44 SBS are M15 SBS, M34/A SBS, M86 SBS, M60 SBS, Bx12 SBS, Bx41 SBS, B44 SBS bus riders since they know how to use machines.

How can you make that big of an assumption. I highly doubt most people take any of those routes. Perhaps they know how to use the machines because they just know how to use it. It isn't that hard to do so honestly. I know there's people who have trouble with English, but besides that, there are people who just decide to not bother to take a minute to understand how something works.

Archived