Q44 SBS Discussion

nuyorican

How can you make that big of an assumption. I highly doubt most people take any of those routes. Perhaps they know how to use the machines because they just know how to use it. It isn't that hard to do so honestly. I know there's people who have trouble with English, but besides that, there are people who just decide to not bother to take a minute to understand how something works.

I was on M86 SBS there was one lady who takes Q44.

Some M34/A SBS riders know the experience with M60 SBS.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on M86 SBS there was one lady who takes Q44.

Some M34/A SBS riders know the experience with M60 SBS.

Yes, because on person out of thousands of people who ride the Q44 is a clear indicator that most other Q44 riders are using another SBS line. There might be people who use more than one SBS line, but that number is so insignificant. 

Yes, because on person out of thousands of people who ride the Q44 is a clear indicator that most other Q44 riders are using another SBS line. There might be people who use more than one SBS line, but that number is so insignificant. 

Haha. You know NYFamousLover, bus routes must be kept because one person uses the bus every other Saturday to go food shopping.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/253322082/MetroCard-Usage-Pie-Charts-2013?secret_password=FPRux2yzZ2XbEEmvHrRW

In terms of trips taken (but remember that 7 day and 30 day MetroCard users take more trips than the average PPR user, so in terms of actual people using the passes, it skews away from the passes and more towards the per-ride options)

29% 30 day cards

21% 7 day cards

43% bonus MetroCard

3% base MetroCard ($2.75 fare)

3% cash on bus

1% Single-Ride-Ticket

It's interesting how, out of the people riding 2 or fewer days per week, 21% used passes. Unless they were making a ton of trips on those few days, I don't see why you would use an unlimited. (I'd have to see how the survey was phrased, and also the sample size).

Another interesting article:

http://www.wnyc.org/story/why-metrocards-are-paper-towels/

lol... I'm sure they'll be very busy... Between the folks that don't speak English and the Bronx end of the route... Plenty of tickets to hand out. 

end of 2016 Q44 be the highest profit route due to all the fines handed out  :lol:

lol... I'm sure they'll be very busy... Between the folks that don't speak English and the Bronx end of the route... Plenty of tickets to hand out.

Why do you say the Bronx part will have a lot of fines being given out. And believe it or not it seems as though a lot of people are catching on with the SBS Q44. I see many standing around the boxes chatting with one another and putting their cards in the machine. They need to have the eagle teams along the route though so the few that don't pay know that if I don't pay I will get a ticket. I feel like their appearance is so random and not often which is not good.

Why do you say the Bronx part will have a lot of fines being given out. And believe it or not it seems as though a lot of people are catching on with the SBS Q44. I see many standing around the boxes chatting with one another and putting their cards in the machine. They need to have the eagle teams along the route though so the few that don't pay know that if I don't pay I will get a ticket. I feel like their appearance is so random and not often which is not good.

Agreed they do need to have eagle teams along the route there are people that don't know if they don't pay they will get a ticket

Because many parts of the Bronx (like Staten Island) are known to have local bus routes with high farebeating.

Because many parts of the Bronx (like Staten Island) are known to have local bus routes with high farebeating.

Ehh, the Q44 does ok with keeping fare evaders out for the most part. It's the more heavily used routes that are having the issue, like the Bx6 and Bx12. There are only a few times where I actually seen fare evasion on the route, even in the Bronx. Last I saw fare evasion on the Q44 (pre-SBS) was when I caught an XD40 at Parkchester heading to Jamaica, and that was just because the bus was packed to the point where I ALMOST got kicked out of the bus (the driver closed the door as soon as I stepped into the bus; I remember getting hit by the door as I boarded)

Ehh, the Q44 does ok with keeping fare evaders out for the most part. It's the more heavily used routes that are having the issue, like the Bx6 and Bx12. There are only a few times where I actually seen fare evasion on the route, even in the Bronx. Last I saw fare evasion on the Q44 (pre-SBS) was when I caught an XD40 at Parkchester heading to Jamaica, and that was just because the bus was packed to the point where I ALMOST got kicked out of the bus (the driver closed the door as soon as I stepped into the bus; I remember getting hit by the door as I boarded)

That's why I noted it's mainly the Bronx portion of the route....  <_<  All of those "chicken heads"  :lol: beating the fare.  And with the unusually warm weather, I'm sure even more people are out and about farebeating.

That's why I noted it's mainly the Bronx portion of the route.... <_< All of those "chicken heads" :lol: beating the fare. And with the unusually warm weather, I'm sure even more people are out and about farebeating.

I mean that was a standard bus. The LFSA do a better job keeping fare evaders out since the bus is less likely to fill up completely that fast.

I've seen plenty of LFSA's that have been packed. I don't think that the buses matter, but rather the areas that they go through.

I know they get packed, but it mostly happens in Flushing and Jamaica since those areas are busier that Parkchester. Don't get me wrong, the Q44 is busy in the Bronx, but it isn't as bad as Flushing and Jamaica.

Still doesn't really change the fact that fare evasion is weak on the Q44. Since the Q44 is in the Bronx for a short amount of time, there is not that much fare evasion as there is other routes.

That's why I noted it's mainly the Bronx portion of the route....  <_<  All of those "chicken heads"  :lol: beating the fare.  And with the unusually warm weather, I'm sure even more people are out and about farebeating.

yo no matter where no the Q44 Jamaica, Flushing, or Parkchester it won't be diffrent the only have their own group of fare beaters 

I very much disagree. Any 3-door artic would never keep fare evaders out.

We all know this fact. The ONLY way to keep out fare evaders is that one day some person (probably from John Bowne, no offense) is gonna try, be slick, not use the machine, and hop on the bus. One day, some random fare inspector from any of the SBS stop will ask for tickets (like they usually do). They'll be caught without the ticket and receive a summons. Next time, they'll think twice about evading the face. It happens on the other artic SBS routes, so this one will be no different.

Since I'm talking about the Q44 SBS, my point stands because as pointed put several times, the rich borough of queens does not see as much fare evasion as the Bronx or Staten Island.......

I'm not buying into this notion that the Q44 SBS is going to see all these farebeaters either....

At the same time, I don't agree that LFSA's on the Q44 (or any other route) do a better job keeping farebeaters out either (which is what CS is commenting on, from what you said).... You didn't have to state something like that to further try to debunk this notion that the route (now that SBS is on it) all of a sudden are going to see a bunch of farebeaters....

Today there was one angry Q44 SBS Chinese rider got on Booth Memorial Av just because one left but another one was right behind. When Q44 SBS past old Q44 stop, she kicked on door because bus didn't stop. Even regular Chinese trying to explain to her, but she didn't listen, but I help her get her ticket and she got off at LIE.

Archived