Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

14 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Drug test are only good for 30 days, so ex. may 22nd to June 22nd. But now transit wants you for July 2nd(as an example not realistically speaking) the drug won't be good any longer. The medicals are good for 90 days. So that's probably why. You have to redo the packet I know from experience 

Wrong. Drug test is good for 90 days 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Drug test are only good for 30 days, so ex. may 22nd to June 22nd. But now transit wants you for July 2nd(as an example not realistically speaking) the drug won't be good any longer. The medicals are good for 90 days. So that's probably why. You have to redo the packet I know from experience 

Yeah that’s true but that still don’t explain why send out another packet (the packet is your employment history school and resident history )all that stuff should be in your file your file does not get thrown away,if the drug test expire in 30 days you suppose to be notify..like me for example I’m on the list for OA BUS OPERATOR I did everything that needs to be done my first day was April 2nd (long story short I got sent home for being out of uniform)  I just received a call Tuesday to come in and do a drug test I ask her do I have to do everything over again she said “No,your information is on file and I’m looking at it you just need to do another  drug test” I told her I didn’t recieve another PE in the mail she said “Sir! Drug test! Tuesday June 12th 7:30” lol 

11 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

That's a great point... The lady told me I don't need to show up tomorrow, but you're right in that I (and others who have already took drug test) will need new drug test if we are going to be in the July 10 class. Heck, even if I show up tomorrow June 8, I would still need a new drug test for July 10. Does anyone know if they do another drug test at the medical?

Yeah they do two drug test...when you get your email stating to come back for the final processing phase that’s when you do your second drug test but They don’t check  for drugs actually if I’m not mistaken it’s for diabetes and something else in your system...with all this being said you would have to do the urine test again wait for the results to come back then go on to the final phase 

8 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Yeah that’s true but that still don’t explain why send out another packet (the packet is your employment history school and resident history )all that stuff should be in your file your file does not get thrown away,if the drug test expire in 30 days you suppose to be notify..like me for example I’m on the list for OA BUS OPERATOR I did everything that needs to be done my first day was April 2nd (long story short I got sent home for being out of uniform)  I just received a call Tuesday to come in and do a drug test I ask her do I have to do everything over again she said “No,your information is on file and I’m looking at it you just need to do another  drug test” I told her I didn’t recieve another PE in the mail she said “Sir! Drug test! Tuesday June 12th 7:30” lol 

Probably because you where already hired. You did final processing already? 

4 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Probably because you where already hired. You did final processing already? 

Yeah I was hired ..my first day was April 2nd at zerenga depot in the Bronx they sent me home for not wearing  a tie with a long sleeve shirt 

20 minutes ago, Rahmel said:

The medical examiner. 

OH maybe he/she meant the medical is good for 90 days. I work for transit so I know I had a drug test done and a month went by and I didnt get an email so I had to redo drug test again. Because my Drug test expired. 

20 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Yeah I was hired ..my first day was April 2nd at zerenga depot in the Bronx they sent me home for not wearing  a tie with a long sleeve shirt 

Yes they are super strict with that. Now we can wear summer uniforms shorts and no tie with a shirt sleeve shirt

27 minutes ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

OH maybe he/she meant the medical is good for 90 days. I work for transit so I know I had a drug test done and a month went by and I didnt get an email so I had to redo drug test again. Because my Drug test expired. 

Majority of my family and friends work for transit and stated drug test is 90days. 2 of my cousins just got in this year 

3 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

I just really wish they would do medicals at least 3 weeks before classes start, not wait until a week before. 

They do. Even though my case is a bit different since I requested to be in another class, but when did my medical yesterday there was a few people there for conductor also and there were alot of people there for train & bus op for Jul 9.

@FutureBOtoTO drug tests are valid for 90 days for Conductors and Train ops, hence why they say expect to hear something within 3-90 days. I redid my 2nd drug test yesterday after I took my medical becaude the oneI took in April was going to expire before the July class.

Edited by Jchambers2120

13 minutes ago, Jchambers2120 said:

They do. Even though my case is a bit different since I requested to be in another class, but when did my medical yesterday there was a few people there for conductor also and there were alot of people there for train & bus op for Jul 9.

@FutureBOtoTO drug tests are valid for 90 days for Conductors and Train ops, hence why they say expect to hear something within 3-90 days. I redid my 2nd drug test yesterday after I took my medical becaude the oneI took in April was going to expire before the July class.

Hopefully they keep it that way. I remember for the June 4 class (for both T/O and C/R), they had people going in literally even up until the Friday before. 

7 hours ago, Bmpo7 said:

That's a great point... The lady told me I don't need to show up tomorrow, but you're right in that I (and others who have already took drug test) will need new drug test if we are going to be in the July 10 class. Heck, even if I show up tomorrow June 8, I would still need a new drug test for July 10. Does anyone know if they do another drug test at the medical?

The drug test last more than 30 days. I did my drug test april 4th, medical april 10th. I didn’t have to do them over for the june 4th class. All i had to do was final processing.

12 minutes ago, NAT212 said:

My list number is 77xx. I just took my OPA last week. I thought I was getting somewhere but after reading this thread looks like i’ll be at retirement age when transit calls me lol 

Am list number 77## also and didnt take no OPA exam ??

Am so confused 

@Mohamed, for what it's worth the Exams Unit told me last week they've reached list number 5,000 for purposes of scheduling the OPA. That means everyone from 1-,5000 should have taken OPA by now or be scheduled to take it, via letter in the mail.

My list number is 50XX. They did not advise me of when I might receive notice, just to contact them by the end of the year if I hadn't received my letter by then.

5 hours ago, Jrwave said:

Week one down. It is about to get real next week. Lots of information to process...basically like if you are taking college full time.

Congratulations On getting in. Can you please tell me, Where is the class  located in  what borough?

5 hours ago, AngelRC said:

Classes are in different locations everyday Monday to Friday. Could meet at Coney Island yard one day, then ENY yard the next.

Thank you so much. Please tell me what is the ENY yard?