Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

Ordered my boots Thursday night, got them yesterday. Caterpillars. Very very comfortable from just trying them on. 

Wow you have me worried I take my medical tomorrow I hope I get them quick enough if I am asked to start on the 10th 

1 hour ago, Jay0989 said:

Ordered my boots Thursday night, got them yesterday. Caterpillars. Very very comfortable from just trying them on. 

I hope I dont regret the rockports now I was going to go with the caterpillars but I wasn't sure 

1 hour ago, Jay0989 said:

Yea CATs are good I have them for my current job hopefully I can use those for this one 

Edited by Riku

32 minutes ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

Wow you have me worried I take my medical tomorrow I hope I get them quick enough if I am asked to start on the 10th 

The itinerary they gave says that you don’t need them until Tuesday the 11th. I think you’ll be fine - especially considering you have 3 days before you start. 

32 minutes ago, Jay0989 said:

The itinerary they gave says that you don’t need them until Tuesday the 11th. I think you’ll be fine - especially considering you have 3 days before you start. 

OK the extra day will help alot still worried though since we have to wait a day or two to order them, I'd rather not start off by showing up out of uniform because of a late delivery.

6 minutes ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

OK the extra day will help alot still worried though since we have to wait a day or two to order them, I'd rather not start off by showing up out of uniform because of a late delivery.

If anything if they have you start on the 10th you could always call Ms.Vargas and explain to her or ask her for advice she's really helpful!

2 hours ago, Yawgmoth13 said:

lol you’ll be fine. They ship overnight free of charge. They will come, until then wear the uniform as per the itinerary.

1 hour ago, J Cooper said:

What time did you arrive? I go in on Friday for processing, I'm trying to beat the crowd.

I got here at 7... shoulda got here at 6:30. However, most people are here for the beginning of the hiring process. Medical is crowded, but it’s mostly people who are already employees 

Just got the Pre-Employment Letter in the mail for "probable permanent position as a Conductor (Rev Veh) 01-F"
List #: 18XX

Starting Pay: $22.1446 / Hour

Fortunately, I've already accepted a position with the LIRR as a Block Operator.
Good Luck to you guys.

Hey guys, just got my medical e-mail to show up on Thursday. My question is, the Comprehensive Personnel Document........do I have to complete that before going to Livingston or do they want me to fill it out there? Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

21 minutes ago, Twistmatic said:

Hey guys, just got my medical e-mail to show up on Thursday. My question is, the Comprehensive Personnel Document........do I have to complete that before going to Livingston or do they want me to fill it out there? Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Fill it out before you get there.

30 minutes ago, Twistmatic said:

What’s ur list number?

20 hours ago, J Cooper said:

What time did you arrive? I go in on Friday for processing, I'm trying to beat the crowd.

I got there at 7... shoulda got there at 6:30. However, most people were there for the beginning of the hiring process. Medical was crowded, but it was mostly people who are already employees