ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 3/9/2022 at 6:24 PM, Jjbb said:

I also got it, I'm going on march 14th, Do you really have to fill out the pre-employment form again? 312#

Yes and make sure it's the same employment history you wrote on the first form or they'll make you fix it.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/10/2022 at 8:48 AM, RTOMan said:

To those who are YX now..

Please dont tell the Dispt "Oh I'm not to comfortable doing that"

Especially if its JUST a move where one has to take a train change ends and take it back to lay up behind another train..

Seen two of them Use this excuse at 179...

They're refusing mainline layups? That's excellent experience and part of what you're supposed to do in YX. It's best to learn it now *and* ask questions versus when you're XX and feeling even more nervous as a new person...

Especially if its JUST a move where one has to take a train change ends and take it back to lay up behind another train..

Smh what is wrong with people? Like I get it, the job isn’t easy in the beginning, how are you going to learn if you’re not actually doing moves? 

i just hope i won't get "lost" along the way to the layup positions  my nightmare is that I keep the train moving and i end up in a location i don't know where i am

39 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

i just hope i won't get "lost" along the way to the layup positions  my nightmare is that I keep the train moving and i end up in a location i don't know where i am

Request a tss or have someone explain it to you beforehand we're aren't born knowing everything don't worry.

15 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Ask the dispatcher, local TSS, or at minimum, the train operators that work the job with you. Write down things if needed, and bring a track map with you. And remember, you have a radio, so if you're lost on the road and need to question a line up, use the radio to contact RCC or the local towers.

On 3/12/2022 at 12:56 PM, trackerjack said:

You’ll be fine the towers know the train is coming the info is passed.. When folks are station and yard posting this move is shown to them.. 

On 3/12/2022 at 11:27 AM, Imhim said:

Smh what is wrong with people? Like I get it, the job isn’t easy in the beginning, how are you going to learn if you’re not actually doing moves? 

I don’t know what they was thinking but the dispt handled it.. We are train operators we move the train…

I actually kind of like this.  They rush their training and hold them accountable for everything.   

Im

5 hours ago, Sgomez31 said:

Went in to 180 Livingston today filled out the paperwork again and took drug test for the second time.  Hopefully this time it doesn’t take 2 months to get another call. I also met JJBB at 180 Livingston good luck guys. 315#

im going in the morning. 318x. 
Totally forgot what I put on the form last time as far as dates for employment history. 

How worried should I be ? How hard do they go ? 

Thats my main concern.  Lol

6 hours ago, Em93 said:

Im

im going in the morning. 318x. 
Totally forgot what I put on the form last time as far as dates for employment history. 

How worried should I be ? How hard do they go ? 

Thats my main concern.  Lol

Just try and put what you can remember just don’t leave any gaps in dates or else they will make you fix it. 

19 hours ago, Late Clear said:

I actually kind of like this.  They rush their training and hold them accountable for everything.   

They Yard and station switching post before they start YX (usually right after) so its not like they never seen that move before...

I received a automated message telling me to respond to their email if im still interested in the TO position. Ive received no email from them. Do they leave the voicemail and then email later?

Edit:  I just got the email. 

So the April class is full already? So they are filling for May. I'm 34xx. The end of May I have a trip planned so i'm debating if I should delay this or go bc most likely if im called it wont be until after my trip.

Edited by thegameksk

Just received the exact same text message from them as well. But no e-mail yet. I have been out of the loop on this website and this thread for quite some time now as I had figured that the list would probably be expired by the time that they had gotten around to my number. I really do not even recall what my number is at this point in time to be honest but I would certainly be interested in going for the position if it is still available. But no e-mail yet. 

Can anyone speak about this, and bring me up to date? Thanks! 

Edit update:

(list number is 360*) 

Edited by JV620

Got the call and email today as well. I did my first pre employment January 7th. Im REALLY hoping this is for the second step and not another pre employment. 
A classmate that got called recently told me the email for the 1/2 part is the same so most likely it’s for the 2nd part considering the short time that has transpired. 

15 minutes ago, iag48st said:

Got the call and email today as well. I did my first pre employment January 7th. Im REALLY hoping this is for the second step and not another pre employment. 
A classmate that got called recently told me the email for the 1/2 part is the same so most likely it’s for the 2nd part considering the short time that has transpired. 

Went in today, unfortunately it is literally the same thing you did on the 7th, .

19 minutes ago, iag48st said:

I went Jan 3, and just went today again and i had to do drug test all over. Was there from 10 am until 4:45….. you’ll most likely have to go through that process again, filling out application and bringing your documents again. 

3 hours ago, iag48st said:

Nope. Same thing all over again. It’s pretty frustrating. 

I was in at 10am out by 330. Others stayed till 430. I say get there 30 mins before your time and make sure everything is filled out and ready to go … again. 

Forgot to mention that right after I received the text message on my phone, I received an automated home phone call from, what I am assuming was, NYCT or the MTA. When I answered it, the voice said "...application error...we apologize". 

So, not exactly sure if that means they made a mistake in reaching out to me or not but....time will tell if I get the e-mail or not.

Best of luck to everyone else! 

28 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

So I just found out that you can get a copy of all the jobs you've held through the SS but itc takes 120 days to get it. To those who did the first paperwork how were you able to remember all the dates and jobs?

Well normally, one would have written a resume...

To everyone else, over the years some people have had to do a third or even a fourth drug test (IIRC). It sucks, but part of the process.

43 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Well normally, one would have written a resume...

To everyone else, over the years some people have had to do a third or even a fourth drug test (IIRC). It sucks, but part of the process.

They want every job since high school.  No resume has every job you've ever held since hs.

17 hours ago, RTOMan said:

They Yard and station switching post before they start YX (usually right after) so its not like they never seen that move before...

Yeah I know, but they see tons of stuff and the majority of it is irrelevant too, so how can you expect them to retain everything when they're taught to walk around on pins and needles the entire time.  

I still think that YX should eliminated and more time should be dedicated to hands on posting in the yards and on the road on every tour.   Let's say they post AMs in the yard and now they're YX with a switching job out of a terminal on the PMs and expected to layup trains, it's completely different. 

Hello to all future T/O's on this thread. Just a reminder before you get to second step please get in shape health wise. Can't stress this enough, especially with your weight. I was called last June for final processing and got hit with sleep apnea and couldn't go forward. It takes forever for a CPAP machine so if your neck size is 17" and over you have to take a sleep test. If you think you are 17 and up take the test NOW and save yourself the aggravation I had to go through.

15**  got my medical on Friday, being considered for the April 11th class. Take copies of every single form you fill out without the date and signature so everytime you get called you're ready with everything. Good luck to everyone!! ✌️

Edited by rondread445