ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, thegameksk said:

I really hope they extend this list. Im sitting at 3xxx. I doubt they will get to me unless it gets extended. 

You are will definitely be reached I know a few train operators, one being my brother and they are short down there, they need T/O’s. We gotta just remain patient, It will come. They got to 1200 and the list has  only been established for a year and 2 months. 3,000 is definitely a realistic number they could get to before the list expires. 

42 minutes ago, Kj224 said:

That's what's up I'm 15xx that definitely gives me some type of hope, plus I see that the certification expires soon 1/06/2020 something should be bubbling soon 🙏🏽

KJ, I’m 163X. Please post when you receive a canvas letter, so I’ll know to be expecting mine. I will do the same so Kev knows to be expecting his

Back in June 2019 when the certification list expired, I got call for my second PE about 20 days later. Sure enough they will be sending letters out to those on the list probably in the start of the new year and all that month of January. Hopefully they announce how many classes will be scheduled and the dates so we have an even better idea of how many they are looking for because the No Vacancies only says 15, but at least the ball is rolling once again! list number 149x, hoping to be in by the start of Spring! 

On 12/8/2019 at 3:25 PM, Embalm man said:

True, DCAS lists only 15 vacancies, but why would they certify all the way up to #1948?  I’ve got a feeling that once the contract is ratified by the rank and file they will begin hiring as many train operators that schoolcar can handle. 2020 is looking wonderful!

RTO across the board is mostly voting NO to the contract b/c LIRR is getting a 5% increase and we are getting 2%. Fark that.

I'm voting NO. 

On 12/11/2019 at 6:33 PM, kellgh said:

RTO across the board is mostly voting NO to the contract b/c LIRR is getting a 5% increase and we are getting 2%. Fark that.

I'm voting NO. 

On 12/12/2019 at 3:17 AM, Schecter said:

Yeah the new contract is like a slap in the face lirr is already getting way more money than us lirr conductors and lirr train operators... and they're train operators also get to wear street clothes like tf....

Don't look at the money.  Look at the benefits.  Ask questions about what NY Family Leave is going to do and how it affects those of us already on FMLA.

Understand just because the contract is forming a committee for discussions does not mean both parties will resolve anything other than saying "YOU'RE FIRED!!!" or "GO F YOURSELF!!".

We are dealing with a bunch of lawyers whose main goal is saving as much money as possible, who look at its skilled employees as liabilities rather than assets, who are always finding ways to shift blame on failing production (i.e. blame the contractor game).

On 12/12/2019 at 3:17 AM, Schecter said:

Yeah the new contract is like a slap in the face lirr is already getting way more money than us lirr conductors and lirr train operators... and they're train operators also get to wear street clothes like tf....

They're not train operators they are Locomotive Engineers.   

You can't compare the two titles/crafts.  

Also people look at the money but they have to do 30 years to retire and are subject to a lot FRA that train operator/light rail operators aren't.  Everyone at RTO loves to compare themselves to the railroad and it is far from.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 12:21 AM, Late Clear said:

They're not train operators they are Locomotive Engineers.   

You can't compare the two titles/crafts.  

Also people look at the money but they have to do 30 years to retire and are subject to a lot FRA that train operator/light rail operators aren't.  Everyone at RTO loves to compare themselves to the railroad and it is far from.  

133x no letter yet Happy Holidays to everyone. 

Correct. If you look at the certification sequence number column on the NYC open data civil service certification for exam 07604, you wold see that there are only 42 people above the last eligible list number appointed. This number  has been decreasing since October. These are people who deferred appointment or were placed on medical hold