What do you do in life

mark1447

What do you do in life, besides Train , bus and Transportaion related issues (Unless u are like FOARMER like subGuy says, then uhhhh nvm ...:Dlol)... And Besides rail fanning......

And WHATs your Plain after High School Or College (for the young ones) Can include Transportation

Me Fix PCs for a living, manage a network, my website, helping others, I enjoy garding plants,. (Do that every Spring). into sci/math , Finishing Super 12Th Grade till January 2009 and getting ready for MTA C/R

-(M)<A><R>(K)(2)(5)<5>

My other interests are Animals(Both modern and extenct), dinosours, cars, sci fi movies, Airplanes/space shuttles(Both army and passenger) wrestling, MLB, NFL, NBA and auto racing. I would say video games but the gaming world is just flat out dead and boring. I rarely ever play games anymore oh well..

Well I'm a student at Fordham University at Lincoln Center. I'm a freshman, but I plan on majoring in Urban Studies. I'm also studying Japanese...but don't ask me any questions! Haha.

I'm obsessed with anything colorful. I love anime and video games. I'm also a fan of finer arts and architecture. I love 80's music and classic rock, and I have a penchant for walking through parks and eating good food.

You'll probably find me drawing or something, or rocking out to my iPod.

Baseball is the only sport I really give two cents about.

Currently, finishing up my sophomore year in College. My other interests include: Parapsychology ( the study of the supernatural phenomena ) in other words; GHOSTS. I would love to spend a night in a haunted house or anything haunted and try and capture evidence of the supernatural; along those lines make contact with it. Besides that I love to study Maritime Disasters; Titanic, Lusitania, Andrea Doria, etc. Geologic/Natural Events- Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions. Meteorology is another favorite of mine. I always wanted to ( and still want to) chase and film a tornado. Im an 80s dude, love all 80s music (mostly dance). For those of you who know me personally on here, you know I love Madonna. Besides photographing trains, I love to photograph structures; bridges, buildings, skylines....

~Thats about it for Zachary;)

Well I'm in high school doing that and that (homework). I spent my days in school doing very well. My average in Junior High was 94. I also spend a lot of time talking on the phone with friends. I am not a fan of movies, but I also love the most popular ones. I'm into music like rap or Hard Rock or even rock. Something like Usher or ....... Pop is good also like P!NK and Rihanna and David Cook. I love any kind of food that evolves with cheese or potatoes. I can give my 50 cents on the Yankees to anybody so.... I also spend a lot of time with my girlfriend, Alexandra, just so you're wondering she's European. (Not British). I also spend my time with my family. Last but not least I'm here with you guys.

~Chuck, that's it folks! ;)

In my case, not only am I going to school to get a diploma (which I hope will help me in moving up the ladder at the TA,) but I'm also in love with the French language; I speak it fluently, read it and listen to it daily, and often take trips to Montréal and/or Paris to submerge myself in it. In fact, I'm hopping on a flight to France on Halloween night! And once in a while I like to catch the races at Belmont or Aqueduct (you might have to pardon my french if my horse loses by a nose.) Just kidding, I don't go there with much.

I'm also interested in photography, but I'm a total novice. In fact, I just got my first digital camera last week after looking at the quality of most photos here (and at other railfan sites) and finally realizing that an outdated 35mm just ain't gonna get it done.

So there ;)

Well, I'm a senior in high school, graduating in May 2009. I'm into video games, and more video games. Um, I don't work, but I really want to because I'm like, really broke, and um, needs my paper. Spanish is my 2nd language. Uh, I'm learning Japanese so I know abit of the language when I go to Japan possibly next year. I'm into aviation, mainly in the commercial field. I like to travel alot besides being on buses and trains alot. Oh, and boats.

I think that simply covers what Pablo does outside of here. ;)

Let's see...

My "other job" besides special events for TM is accounting, but my "other hobbies" lie a lot more along the lines of sports particularly baseball and hockey, and skiing. I'm also a do it your selfer (that's NOT what she said :D), so Im interested in learning a lot of home improvement type things and I have experience as a paint contractor. I also like playing cards, Texas Hold 'Em poker is my game, but unfortunately not too many of my friends are willing to gamble even as little as 20 bucks so I dont play nearly as much as Id like. Im also an administrator/co-owner of a Yankees fan web site at http://www.161st-and-river.com, we're still under construction but our forums work :D. And we sell sweet Yankees merch too. Also like listening to (good) music, you'll probably never see me with an Ipod on but I play music all the time on my computer at home.

Aside from my transit related escapades, I don't do much I think is exciting. Among the things I do are help clueless people with computers, watch TV, homework, some photography and videography, and work on my car... the ultimate goal there being to make the giver (my aunt) regret that she gave it to me.

PS, Zman, I speak French too... so if I become a CR and we somehow get a train together we could communicate in French :cool:

Well currently I'm studying to take the MCSE Certification exams as well as the A+ exam which should be easy. I'm currently employed as a NYC Dept. of Education employee. My hobbies (besides NYC Transit): Hardcore gamer, I pwn n00bs day and night, I also do gigs here and there with which ever Bachata group needs my l33t Requinto and Segunda skills on the guitar.

Im a body piercer. 7 years now. ill be returning to college in 2010 to finish getting a BS in engineering. i want to design railcars and buses. Mostly railcars. untill then i work on my own designs like my own R179. im always on my PSP on the train to and from work. hopefully ill be a conductor by 2010 after i take the test in Dec

Besides being "The Don of All Buses" I work at Best Buy in Bay Shore off of Sunrise Hwy. I also have my own security company called LNYSA Lower New York Surveillance Agency. The LNYSA is in very very bad shape right now, i had to lay off a large portion of my crew, and i had to close it down due to lack of funds, and labor. Will reopen when i sort it all out.

I help with Japanese Hightour Tours at Metropolitan Museum of Art, and help lost people around the museum, subway.

At every december, I am invited to perform at FDNY X-mas Family Party at El Barrio Bravest (Engine 53/Ladder 43), Yorkville (Engine 22/Ladder 13/Battalion 10), Upper East Side Kido (Engine 44) and Engine 39/Ladder 16 at 67th St.

I perform Christomas Carol songs and dance out the scene.

I also response to help when firefighter dress in Santa Claus shut down the street, directly traffic to other street.

One time during the August 2003 blackout (correct me), I help direct traffic at T-intersection at East End Av & 79th St.

I also like to type stories, dreams, take photograph and videos.

I also like to eat, dance, sing, watch scary movies.

I enjoy reading all kind R.L. Stine's suspense book like Fear Street, Ghost of Fear Street, Goosebumps.

I also like to read any mystery books (don't care if it girl's book like Nancy Drew or Babysisters Club mystery, etc.)

Everyime I go on new bus route or explore other transit system, I virtually their bus routes on Google Map to see what bus route buses use, so I wouldn't get lost.

When I was staying in Akron, OH from December 18th, 2007 to March 17th, 2008, I virtual all SEPTA Bus/Trolley bus routes!!

I graduated from High School for Environmental Studies long time ago, but I go there to assist Recycling Club, well as assist with Teen Advisory Group meeting at New York Public Library at 96th St.

Aside from my transit related escapades, I don't do much I think is exciting. Among the things I do are help clueless people with computers, watch TV, homework, some photography and videography, and work on my car... the ultimate goal there being to make the giver (my aunt) regret that she gave it to me.

PS, Zman, I speak French too... so if I become a CR and we somehow get a train together we could communicate in French :cool:

Ce serait formidable, mais il faudrait que vous travailliez dans la B Division pour que nous puissions faire l'exploitation ensemble.:cool:

:confused: Translation: That would be wonderful, but you would have to work in the B Division so that we can operate together.

By the way, foreign languages come in very handy, especially when one screws up. :D

Well, I was a Recruiter for a staffing firm and now I'm an Administrative Assistant, Caterer, Accountant (pretty much the octopus of the office) and I still do recruiting on the side for some clients.

I'm a true 80's baby - from movies, fashion, music, toys, games, etc - I love it all. I still have my Nintendo, Game Boy, Popples, and even my "My First Sony" walkman -LOL.

Music is pretty much my passion; from classical to hip hop and even some country. I'll listen to it if it has a good beat, but I'm more of a lyric person - I love songs with good lyrics/hooks. I always stay up my with my NY Times Bestseller books and I write occasionally - very relaxing.

That's pretty much it, aside from the basics (movies, museums, etc.)

In my case, not only am I going to school to get a diploma (which I hope will help me in moving up the ladder at the TA,) but I'm also in love with the French language; I speak it fluently, read it and listen to it daily, and often take trips to Montréal and/or Paris to submerge myself in it. In fact, I'm hopping on a flight to France on Halloween night! And once in a while I like to catch the races at Belmont or Aqueduct (you might have to pardon my french if my horse loses by a nose.) Just kidding, I don't go there with much.

I'm also interested in photography, but I'm a total novice. In fact, I just got my first digital camera last week after looking at the quality of most photos here (and at other railfan sites) and finally realizing that an outdated 35mm just ain't gonna get it done.

So there :)

Parlez vous francais? :D (no I didn't use google translator, I know the language.

Anyways, well I'm in High School nothing much exciting there, I live in the state of Delaware, which I do hate, but I'm moving so it's all pretty good, otherwise nothing special about me, I speak 4 languages, and learning my 5th one ( most people find that rare ) :D other than that, I am interested in some architecture buildings in New York, I give 5 cents about politics, because I don't really know what it all means... just being me. ;)

Currently, finishing up my sophomore year in College. My other interests include: Parapsychology ( the study of the supernatural phenomena ) in other words; GHOSTS. I would love to spend a night in a haunted house or anything haunted and try and capture evidence of the supernatural; along those lines make contact with it. Besides that I love to study Maritime Disasters; Titanic, Lusitania, Andrea Doria, etc. Geologic/Natural Events- Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions. Meteorology is another favorite of mine. I always wanted to ( and still want to) chase and film a tornado. Im an 80s dude, love all 80s music (mostly dance). For those of you who know me personally on here, you know I love Madonna. Besides photographing trains, I love to photograph structures; bridges, buildings, skylines....

~Thats about it for Zachary;)

People actually study that stuff ...you're not serious are you? Parapsychology the study of the supernatural phenomena ...well you need to go do your internship in Haiti. Folks there have PHDs in those stuff and they didn't even have to attend college. If you put your mind body and soul into something anything is possible. If you don't like Haiti, you can go to Africa where the Congo and Ginen people are, they're the descendent of the Haitian people. Where Parapsychology is considered a science here, in most African countries it's known as a religion. The different between science and religion is that science can be proven through scientific measures whereas religion is base purely in belief and faith which can't be proven but are accepted by those who believes. It's the total opposite. Voodoo is a religion it's not something to be afraid of ...if really Parapsychology is your interest I honestly suggest visiting countries that are known for practicing voodoo. Good luck ...let me know when you have made contact with your first ghost.

I'm a sophomore in high school, just getting by right now but hoping to pick up my grades. After all, mid-trimester is here...

I also listen to mainly rock music, draw, and write stories. Mostly one-shots, but I'm writing my first story that's over ten chapters, light-novel style.

I'm a sophomore in high school, just getting by right now but hoping to pick up my grades. After all, mid-trimester is here...

I also listen to mainly rock music, draw, and write stories. Mostly one-shots, but I'm writing my first story that's over ten chapters, light-novel style.

u wanna be a worker of TA or write bookz me mate :D ?

u wanna be a worker of TA or write bookz me mate :D ?

I don't know. I've considered becoming a scientist, forming a rock band, or working for TA. Definitely not politics or medicine. People say that I should become a guidance counselor (even my guidance counselor said it... wierd). Oh and of course writing.

Alors Zman puis-je obtenir un cab ride avec vous

Je suis désolé Emmanuel, mais si un superviseur voyait que je donnais un non-employé l'accès dans la loge, essentiellement je serais limogé sur le coup. Donc c'est hors de question.

For the others:

Sorry Emmanuel, but if a supervisor sees that I'm giving a non-employee cab access, I would essentially be fired on the spot.

My turn...

I work in the information technology field doing administrative services, system analysis, consulting and management. I am a webmaster, administrator and developer for an Engineering, Architectural & Construction internet plan room.

I'm also a webmaster/administrator for a Transit based discussion board. :)

Archived