Update on the Release of the Bronx Bus Network Redesign Final Plan

Mpn4179

First we get one guy on here claiming it's the fault of the bus driver that there's too much runtime scheduled for a route....

Now we get another guy on here conflating shit - drawing some stupid parallel between two completely different professions....

Can't make this shit up.

Edited by B35 via Church

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

I think they outsourced map design to route designers living outside NY. NICE has been getting free advice from the riders after the previous route designer got scared off by Nassau residents.

So what you saying is...

A+B=Z

God damnit Plankton..

55 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

I think they outsourced map design to route designers living outside NY. NICE has been getting free advice from the riders after the previous route designer got scared off by Nassau residents.

IIRC The Bronx redesign is being done by a inhouse MTA team. QNS and Bklyn aren't and are different teams. 

2 hours ago, RailRunRob said:

Yeah it's kind of crazy I literally got internal emails last week for planed rallies based on a MTA confirmed date of the 10/16 with elected officials. Also got a nod from someone at the MTA. I wonder if this has anything to do with the internal stuff with Byford thinking it might. Havnt heard anything since last week.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29bc8d213eefabf2e17d

Just a clear reminder. This is the (MTA)

The Rhodes scholars that have suggested & authorized these impending award winning route alterations for the borough are not the same people plotting them on a map....

The point regarding map design here, doesn't amount to a hill of beans.... Try telling those who stand to be affected by these route changes that'll end up happening, about some outsourcing of some map design.....

Edited by B35 via Church

1 hour ago, NY1635 said:

NICE has been getting free advice from the riders after the previous route designer got scared off by Nassau residents.

He STILL works for the company....what are you talking about!? EVERY company often asks for rider input about routes and their needs.......

My guy, I'm gonna need you to get your facts straight....and don't post until you do. Lately, you've been rambling on about nonsense.

Edited by Cait Sith

6 hours ago, NY1635 said:

Which events scared the route designer off? Was this recent? or the N23/N27 merge?

7 hours ago, RailRunRob said:

It is? What the same team?

In other words, different people working on different designs. If you went to any of the open houses, you would’ve met some of them. Staten Island was a mess where they literally changed as much as they could. I think they learned from that to tweak some things, but not go crazy, moving stops all around with no rhyme or reason.

12 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

Which events scared the route designer off? Was this recent? or the N23/N27 merge?

If I had to guess, I’m pretty sure it has something to do with killing like 10+ routes & thus turning the good lot of the southeastern reaches of former NICE bus network/coverage into a bus transit desert. Like, why?

It's now out.

They decided to retain peak Q50 service in Co-Op City (on the same damn route, no less). They also decided to leave the Bx38 intact and revive the Bx25 designation (in an effective reversal of the pre-2010 patterns between the latter and the Bx26). The Bx30 was shifted down Boston Road to end at Pelham Parkway because yes.

F for the express bus service...

2 minutes ago, NBTA said:

Yes they did cut a LOT of express bus service, I'm disappointed about that as well.

Im looking at lines like BXM1 and 7 that are used quite alot and there cut. I would expect them to add service especially to a route like the BXM7.

22 minutes ago, RailRunRob said:

@Via Garibaldi 8 Get the Troops ready got a fight on your hands.

They changed some of the most egregious parts of proposal, especially the BxM4 part which we threatened a lawsuit on.  That is running at least during rush hours, but there is A LOT of problems with this redesigned one. They also listened to our request to keep BxM11 service North of 233rd Street, You see the new proposal extends the BxM5 up into Mount Vernon...

37 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

They changed some of the most egregious parts of proposal, especially the BxM4 part which we threatened a lawsuit on.  That is running at least during rush hours, but there is A LOT of problems with this redesigned one. They also listened to our request to keep BxM11 service North of 233rd Street, You see the new proposal extends the BxM5 up into Mount Vernon...

Mr. Bugatti -  they are eliminating southbound BxM1 and 2 service after 4 pm weekdays. So now, strictly a commuter service. Want to go out at night, Riverdale? Screw you!

My thoughts:

-The old BxM4B is now the old BxM4A. Rush hour only but better than nothing at all, I guess.

-The Bx25 is back! The headways between the two might be a bit concerning tho, especially if the buses don't stay on schedule (highly likely)

-The BxM2 cuts in the midday (and also the others to a lesser extent) is literally like prodding a sleeping bear. Oh boy...

-I like that they reversed course on the Co-op City changes. The Bx29 is still gone from Co-op but the Bx23 got bumped up frequency wise to cover for that at least.

-We were warned a year ago that they were gonna trim some fat on the (MTA) Bus express network, and here we are.

edit: Yo. Why the hell are the express buses peak direction only now?!?! Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky! The only route they kept as a two-way route was the BxM10!

Edited by paulrivera

4 minutes ago, Italianstallion said:

Mr. Bugatti -  they are eliminating southbound BxM1 and 2 service after 4 pm weekdays. So now, strictly a commuter service. Want to go out at night, Riverdale? Screw you!

You have no idea how furious I am. I haven't even finished going through everything, but I am looking at the spans now. My consensus is that some of this might be replaced with funding from the Outer Borough Transit Fund, but we can't wait for that, as that won't be available until after congestion pricing is sorted out. This is exactly why the new express bus order took so long because they wanted to sort out how much service they planned on cutting.