B/O Job Posting 99929/Exam 2302 - MTA Bus Company F/T

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_busco.png.c116976aa20559b660f75abb090debe1.png

Bus Operator, Job Posting ID 99929 Exam No. 2302

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $23.84 per hour for a 40-hour work week.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (N/A) - For Medical: (N/A)

Next Training Class: To Be Determined

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated December 4, 2021)

7 minutes ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Okay, so if its not a Selective survey, please share an example what was on today's exam? 

@Flatbush Operator, my wife said it’s the real test. It’s basically all about pre trips, what to do in situations (leaving an old lady at a bus stop or being patient to pick her up).  THERE IS A MEMORY PORTION !

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

@Flatbush Operator, my wife said it’s the real test. It’s basically all about pre trips, what to do in situations (leaving an old lady at a bus stop or being patient to pick her up).  THERE IS A MEMORY PORTION !

Okay, good to know. So it looks like things change. 8 years ago when I took the exam, TA was competitive comprehensive test and OA/MTABus were giving BOSS exam. So good to know things has change

Just now, Kennedy said:

You’re confusing me.  One at a time so I can break it down.  

1 minute ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Okay, good to know. So it looks like things change. 8 years ago when I took the exam, TA was competitive comprehensive test and OA/MTABus were giving BOSS exam. So good to know things has change

What exam number she took 1100?

12 minutes ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Okay, so if its not a Selective survey, please share an example what was on today's exam? 

Was it similar to this NYPD Test Preparation Kit, which contains a memory portion? This is just an educated guess, especially since the abilities listed on the bottom of the second page of the Job Vacancy Notice match what is in the NYPD Test Prep Kit...

3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Was it similar to this NYPD Test Preparation Kit, which contains a memory portion? This is just an educated guess, especially since the abilities listed on the bottom of the second page of the Job Vacancy Notice match what is in the NYPD Test Prep Kit...

It start with the 10 minutes memorization first.  Then 5 questions to answer in that portion.  But you have to tell me what exam number.  Not sure what exam number they did today.

11 minutes ago, misslo said:

The letter that i got is PT BO exam 1301 and MabSTOA 1100 - Nov 13th  9 am and 12 pm in Brooklyn. I do recall taking a BOSS/ and a Test for 9604 and 9618🤔

Remember I did 1100 on 10/09/2021 and already got called to go in.  Don’t know my list number though 

4 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Everyone slow down, PLEASE!

What exam is it then? What's included? Share some example questions so we know what to expect.

Lot of the questions were base on, 5 paragraphs of how to report an accident etc to your supervisor.  What comes 1, 2,3,4 and 5th

9 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Your telling me I have to write an ESSAY on how to report an accident?

No, they give you statements and you put them in order to create a paragraph

example:

Correctly order the statements of the following incident that occurred while operator Gonzalez was operating his vehicle:

1) in conclusion, operator Gonzalez submitted his paperwork to his supervisor

2) he was involved in an accident on his q35 route while operating bus # 3511

3) operator Gonzalez reported to work on time on October 3rd at 0328 hours

4) the vehicle struck the rear of his bus at the corner of avenue I and Flatbush avenue

5) operator Gonzalez checked to see if any of the passengers were injured 

6) operator Gonzalez pulled his bus out of the garage and started his route on time 

order the statements correctly

answer:

A) 3, 6, 2, 4, 5,1 

b) 1,2,3,4,5,6

c) 4,3,5,1,6,2

d) 5,6,1,3,4,2

correct answer is

A

Edited by STtoMTA

3 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

No, they give you statements and you put them in order to create a paragraph

example:

Correctly order the statements of the following incident that occurred while operator Gonzalez was operating his vehicle:

1) in conclusion, operator Gonzalez submitted his paperwork to his supervisor

2) he was involved in an accident on his q35 route while operating bus # 3511

3) operator Gonzalez reported to work on time on October 3rd at 0328 hours

4) the vehicle struck the rear of his bus at the corner of avenue I and Flatbush avenue

5) operator Gonzalez checked to see if any of the passengers were injured 

6) operator Gonzalez pulled his bus out of the garage and started his route on time 

order the statements correctly

answer:

A) 3, 6, 2, 4, 5,1 

b) 1,2,3,4,5,6

c) 4,3,5,1,6,2

d) 5,6,1,3,4,2

correct answer is

A

This is more or less how the questions on the actual exam are like. I thought they were administering the BOSS exams today. Strange.