New York City bus driver stabbed to death in Brooklyn

Harry

A 46-year-old city bus driver was stabbed to death on his Brooklyn route Monday in a dispute with a passenger, police said.

The rare slaying happened just after 12 p.m., when the B46 bus made a stop at Malcolm X Blvd. and Gates Ave. in Bedford-Stuyvesant.

Witnesses said the killer demanded to board the bus free and then stabbed the driver in the chest when he refused to hand over a transfer.

Cops fanned out through the neighborhood hunting was for the suspect, who bolted after the bloodshed, leaving horrified passengers screaming for help.

The mortally wounded driver was rushed to Woodhull Hospital, where he died.

The driver's name was not immediately released. He was the first city bus driver killed in the line of duty in 27 years.

"I think it's horrible, and it's scary," said fellow Brooklyn bus driver on the B52 route. "This can be a dangerous job. I've been threatened quite a few times."

post-1-133288580171_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288580171_thumb.jpg

OK, this is just sad. First fare beating, and then murder... geez, it's just two dollars! Is it really that hard to pay that you have to kill the bus driver over that?

This guy gets caught, he's gonna be paying a helluva lot more than two dollars.

God bless that driver.

That murderer is just a total nutter.JUST PAY THE BLOODY FARE, IT'S JUST TWO DOLLARS. HOW HARD IS IT??? SHAME ON HIM.

What is wrong with these farebeaters these days? They broke the law in beating the fare, now they land themselves into more crap by killing/injuring others.

But he got shot right back and arrested. This guy ran off.

I know, what is said is, in both cases it was because of people trying to beat the fare do innocent people have to die.

This killer, if captured, should be sentenced to life for such. But anyways, did any passengers recall how the guy look like?

Terribly sad. I feel horrible for his family and relatives.

My dad worked for the MTA as a bus driver for 35 years, and I always worried about him having an accident, but could never picture something like this happening to anyone.

As far as the MTA: this is the prime reason why EVERY bus should be equipped with cameras. AT LEAST have one pointing into the door well, so if the driver is attacked, you have surveillance video of the suspect.

When I lived in Syracuse, there were two cases of the drivers there being attacked. Police sent the TV stations video, and the suspects were arrested within 24 hours. Hopefully, the NYPD will have success just as fast, but I have to believe a picture of this guy would help.

Archived