Ride The Slants NOW!!!!

R32 3838

I just heard that the Slants Might be all gone by this Friday, There is Enough R46's to Knock the Remaining 32 R40 slants out so Get your Rides Now!!!!, I will be riding those slants all day on friday so whoever wants to join Just send me a PM.

Yep, I rode one today, It looks like they are going, I have some pics and I will resize and post them whenever I get a chance.

You don't actually have to resize them manually. You can just keep them the same size and when uploading to Photobucket/ImageShack it has an option to resize your pics to 800 by 600 already.

Damn, I better make a video of the R40 Slopes before its removed. I went to 207 on Mon and saw a set thats was scrapped..

So far 3 sets in service. Bad News!! BTW where did you hear this??

It's freaky to know that the end is so close for the R40's. I don't think I'm going to look for them this week, I was fortunate to ride 4280 on May 15th and it was great and a great way for me to say goodbye to some really cool subway cars. It's going to be weird going along the B Division and not seeing slants rolling down the tracks. And era ends right before our eyes. :cry:

Holy...

I saw a slant today at Jay. I was on the NB side, but a slant pulled up on the SB side. Couldn't get numbers or pics, because a R44 pulled in on the NB side, blocking my view altogether.

I might be able to catch a ride, since my friend lives near Lefferts. But I will definitely make my ride on Friday. Anybody up for railfanning?

Archived