V to Metropolitan? It's possible.

Zman

I've got news for you: The TA is considering eliminating the (M) and sending the (V) to Metropolitan Av via the Chrystie St Cut if the doomsday cuts aren't head off at the pass. This would mean that the (V) could only run 8 car trains. This could start in late June.

Logistically it would be a little difficult unless they took some of the 60 foot SMEE's that are mothballed and put them back into service, or if ENY has enough 4 car unit 160's to cover service since 46's can't run on the Williamsburg Bridge. For (M) passengers though, this sounds like a good deal.

It's in the talking stages and nothing is official yet.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well. thats not bad.. Even tho it will make a *U" like service. Queens , Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens... But better then sending the (V) via Culver Local with (G) and (F).. And finally do something useful for Chrystie St Connection!

This will be sad tho, seeing the (M) being cut?! =(!

And i guess the t/a can split the (V) From JAM to ENY even tho the (V) would now become IND- BMT kinda like (R).

Maybe the t/a can also keep Jamaica Express Service on the (J) while having the (V) go Local. Or have the (V) go Jamaica Express, to help reduce hold ups at Myrtle.

I bet young RFs are going to blast when they see this xD.

But still, ill wait for more news before i can jump to conclusion.. Thz tho!

I've got news for you: The TA is considering eliminating the (M) and sending the (V) to Metropolitan Av via the Chrystie St Cut if the doomsday cuts aren't head off at the pass. This would mean that the (V) could only run 8 car trains. This could start in late June.

Logistically it would be a little difficult unless they took some of the 60 foot SMEE's that are mothballed and put them back into service, or if ENY has enough 4 car unit 160's to cover service since 46's can't run on the Williamsburg Bridge. For (M) passengers though, this sounds like a good deal.

Where did you hear this? And wouldn't this require more trains than cutting the (M) to broad st?

I was thinking when I saw the post at first that it was BS. But since I look at who posted it and saw it was you Zman, one who work closey with the Picks. I would say its now a posabley. I know the R160's dase have a program for the (V) to Met so putting it thought would not be that hard. I will see if I could find the Sound bits I took later on of it.

If this happens, would the (V) run Metropolitan Avenue-Myrtle Avenue shuttle late nights and weekends?

How can i forge that..

Id just leave the (M) and leave the (V) alone! The (M) has been on the t/a for a long time compared to old (V)ictor!

I was thinking when I saw the post at first that it was BS. But since I look at who posted it and saw it was you Zman, one who work closey with the Picks. I would say its now a posabley. I know the R160's dase have a program for the (V) to Met so putting it thought would not be that hard. I will see if I could find the Sound bits I took later on of it.
WOW!rolleye0007.gif My sentiments exactly!

Well, I never thought they would reduce the (V) like that, but since they're in drastic cutback mode, it's more believable, and if they're willing to do this, then, hey; it would be great for us in this area! Give us acess we've never really had. (It would be inconvenient for my wife who's going to school down by City Hall now, and she hates transferring!)

But otherwise, it would show people the connection, and perhaps create demand (hope this doesn't deter them).

I doubt it would require any more cars to run, than present. CTL-MET would probably be no longer than BPY-MET, and don't forget, since it would be merging two lines, you're actually running half as many cars. The service would likely still be based at ENY, though some cars would likely be stored at JYD, basically like they're stored at CIY now.

More 46's would then be sent to PIT/207, and there would probably be a surplus. Perhaps the worst of the 44's would be mothballed.

Wonder which district (section) it would be (North or Queens).

Now, when the Culver/Gowanus viaduct work is finished, I would still hope they would run the (V) to Church on weekedays, and keep the MET service for weekends. They really should consider putting the third track at 72/2 back in the SAS design, because that would be a possible terminal for Met via 6th service on weekdays, should the demand to keep that service remain.

How can i forge that..

Id just leave the (M) and leave the (V) alone! The (M) has been on the t/a for a long time compared to old (V)ictor!

I agree, its just going to make things more complicated, the (M) is part of the NAssau Street Line, giving people in that part of town connections to Wall Street and City hall via Nassau Street. Ideally the (M) should go all the way to Brooklyn to 9th Ave like it used to and run <M> to Bay Parkway but thats wishful thinking, I think how they have it now is fine, (V) to Houston-2 Avenue, and (M) from Metrpolitian Ave to Chambers Street,

if they are looking to unnecessarily combine routes, theres a certain rockaway route that can also be combined with a certain 8 avenue route ;)

I agree, its just going to make things more complicated, the (M) is part of the NAssau Street Line, giving people in that part of town connections to Wall Street and City hall via Nassau Street. Ideally the (M) should go all the way to Brooklyn to 9th Ave like it used to and run <M> to Bay Parkway but thats wishful thinking, I think how they have it now is fine, (V) to Houston-2 Avenue, and (M) from Metrpolitian Ave to Chambers Street,

if they are looking to unnecessarily combine routes, theres a certain rockaway route that can also be combined with a certain 8 avenue route ;)

And they can send that one line that terminates at Euclid to Lefferts, and have two Rockaway branches on the 8th Avenue Express....

Well, the (C) could get extended to Lefferts rather then having two (A) trains. This can help reduce the amount of time instead of a wait between them.. And RH gets worst with the (A) Rkway coiming into service..

This plan is better then having the (V) go to Jamaica Line and cutting the Myrtle-Nassua St (M)..

Very interesting that this is being considered! Although I'd rather see the (M) stay and the (V) vanish, service to midtown on one ride from MET sounds great to me.

I agree,i like the idea but why do it with the (V) when it could be done with the (M).i'd rather see the (V) go then the (M).

I agree,i like the idea but why do it with the (V) when it could be done with the (M).i'd rather see the (V) go then the (M).

It could be a (M), it could be a (V). I said before that nothing is official, even though this thread spread like wildfire through a dry forest onto other posting boards.

IF this does go through, IMO most of the passengers on the (J) and (M) lines will be thrilled. The (F) would also get a break as it would eliminate the majority of the crowds that get on/off at Delancey St.

Archived