N still gets priority over the Q

Eastman346

Now that the N is local on broadway I noticed it still gets priority over the Q. Just like after Dekalb the Q's got to wait until the N's pass. :tdown:

Please explain and give some proof how the "N" gets 'priority?" and why does it bother you so much Eastman you use the Bway/Astroria line alot?

The (N) is local only between Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Canal Street. From Canal Street to 59th Street, the (N) is express. At DeKalb Avenue the (N) heads for the Sea Beach via Fourth Avenue and the (Q) heads for Brighton local.

IIRC, the (N), and the (D), use the bypass tracks through DeKalb Avenue most times.

Please explain and give some proof how the "N" gets 'priority?" and why does it bother you so much Eastman you use the Bway/Astroria line alot?

I think it upsets him because the (Q) is the express and it should receive priority over the (N), giving the (Q) express some sort of purpose on Broadway.

Most of the time at Dekalb Av, both the (:( & the (Q) have to wait for the superexpress (D) & (N) to pass.

At 34th St, the (Q) has to wait to switch on to the local track, sometimes there is an (N) or (R) there, which the (Q) has to wait for, once it waited for 8 minutes for a local train to bypass the switch

Maybe he meant to say that the diamond (Q) should be revived to denote the lone Broadway express. Bad interpretation, I know.

Better yet they should have a <N> instead to denote a Broadway / 4th Av Express via Bridge, the Local should be Broadway / 4th Av Local via Lower Manhattan.

(N) priority over the (Q)? It varies, though my uptown (N) weekday mornings would connect with the (Q) at 14 Street and would be put ahead of the same (Q) at 34th.

My gripe with (N) vs (Q) is the frequency, especially during the afternoon. One time waiting for the Brooklyn (N) at 34th I watched 2 ®s and 3 (Q)s go by before the (N) came - crush loaded.

(N) priority over the (Q)? It varies, though my uptown (N) weekday mornings would connect with the (Q) at 14 Street and would be put ahead of the same (Q) at 34th.

My gripe with (N) vs (Q) is the frequency, especially during the afternoon. One time waiting for the Brooklyn (N) at 34th I watched 2 ®s and 3 (Q)s go by before the (N) came - crush loaded.

I actually think the (N) is the least priortarized line. At least three (D) trains pass by before I get an (N).

Eastman isn't off base with this... at least on the Brooklyn side...

North of Dekalb, manhattan bound, D's & N's do "go ahead" before B's & Q's....

I'm not going to lie... at first, being on (B)'s that came to a dead halt just north of dekalb, used to bother me... Now I just consider it as part of my daily morning commute... What I don't care for is the stopping.. and starting... and stopping... and starting of the train again... it gives passengers false hope... lol...

it's like that married w/ children episode when the Bundy's got stuck; basically gridlocked in labor day traffic... motorists were jawing off at each other... and then all of a sudden everyone gets in the car... Al summons the rest of the family by saying:

"family, we are moving"....

...everyone gets in the car... Al steps on the gas... their (and every other) car on the highway moves about 2 inches...

and then all the other motorists, gets back out their cars & starts talking shit to each other again... lol...

I don't think the (N) is ever going to be made Broadway Local for a long term let alone sent alongside the Montague Street Tunnel. Some people doesn't seem to know the (N) and the (7), <7> actually connects all three major Asian neighborhoods which is Flushing, Chinatown, and Sunset. They raised hell when the (N) was made Broadway Local. Do you really want to raise more hell by having the (N) run along the Montague Street Tunnel and make a pure local similar to the time of the Manhattan Bridge shutdown?. There was a reason why the (N) was send back on the Bridge and made express in the first place.

Anyway the best option in the future if the first phase of the Second Avenue Subway opens, and when the (Q) is send up to 96th Street is to return the (W) and send it to Astoria since the (N) can't handle the crowds alone. The (W) would be the Broadway Local and the (N) would be express and you can stop your damn complaining.

Also you don't know which train the (N) or the (Q) gets priority. Sometimes it might be a (Q), and sometimes it can be an (N). You aren't in the subway system all day to find out so stop complaining. Anyway the (Q) would never gain top priority because it isn't the only service using the Broadway Line. What about the (R).

Archived