What is your favorite New York City Subway line, route, and car?

RollOver

This is a thread about which is your favorite subway train, line, and current car type (R62s, R62As, R142s, R142As, R32s, R42s, R46s, R68/68As, R143s, and R160s). :)

My favorite trains are the (A), (C), (N), and (R), my most favorite trains as of nowdays. The R32s and R160s are my favorite subway cars. And yes these cars along with the R143s and all the current IRT A Divison rolling stock were never problematic since day one and have always provide good or great comfort for riders. Unlike most of the other car types in the B Division (R38s to R68/68As) where some, most or many riders hated these cars due to their condition and/or other sorts of defects. But they could have been better nonetheless. :)

My favorite lines are the IND Eighth Avenue Line, BMT Broadway Line, BMT Brighton Line, IRT Lexington Avenue Line, and the IRT Eastern Parkway Line. ;)

The (N) is my all-time favorite line, and the R40 is my all-time favorite car type. I loved riding the R40 on the (N) and on the (W). Too bad they're not around anymore (from a train buff point-of-view), but it's a good thing my father, who liked recording home videos, recorded an R40 (N) ride at the 60th Street tunnel, at Queensboro Plaza, and from Astoria Blvd to Ditmars Blvd. He wasn't into trains and buses and stuff like that, so with the exception of like two videos, those are the only train videos before I started railfanning. Besides the R40, the R32, R42. and R68 are my favorites, too. The R32 I hated as a kid because I couldn't reach the window, but now I can.

My favorite car is probably the R32, I used to ride them ALL the time when they were on the (B) train and the (C) I also like the R42's as well and I have grown to like some of the R160's, just the ones on the (F) , not the (Q) .My favorite lines are the Q and the B since they run by where I am in Sheepshead Bay and because of the current (B) Equpiment, also the (C) since it was the first subway line I rode when I was younger and it was a set of R32's from uptown to Fulton street.

My favorite line is the Culver F and G. The views are breathtaking, especially the one of the Manhattan skyline near the Smith-9th Streets section.

I like the R32's because of the railfan window, sound, reliability, and retro feel (not using computerized signs). This train has been doing service for nearly 50 years, so it's doing something right.

The R32s and R160s are my favorite subway cars. And yes these cars along with the R143s and all the current IRT A Divison rolling stock were never problematic since day one and have always provide good or great comfort for riders.

When did you see those B division cars on the A division?

My favorite subway line is the (M) line,a one seat ride from Williamsburg to Midtown Manhattan works well for me.

My favorite subway train is the R42.nice,simple design and they ran on the (J) line.i used the line to go to school so i was always at the RFW.

Here's mine:

- My favorite subway line is (N) because their cars right now (R160A/B) are fast when it runs express, and local. It also takes me to mostly anywhere I want to go! :)

- My favorite subway car is the R160s, because they brake much smoother and they run fast despite its technological problems they have on FIND signs, interior LED sign, and outside sign.

I remember riding my first and second time riding the R160s on the (N). I remember I rode R160B #8722 on my first day and I rode R160A-2 #8688 on my second day. When I rode the R160A, I had a feeling that something's different from the first train I rode, and I was right! When I rode the R160s on the (N), it went speedy along the Sea Beach Line, 4th Av Express, Broadway Express, and Broadway Local. I have never tried out Queens yet since I have like nowhere to go there. R160s are more economically friendly in my opinion cause of the advanced technology we've got here today.

- My favorite subway line is the BMT Brighton line because trains can speed up in most areas. I once rode the R160B where the train was speeding between Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay to its speed limit, and it ran fast. It was a very good ride to me.

My favorite route is the (N) because it's my home line and it takes me anywhere I go and a very quick way to connect to other subway lines rather than the slow poked, delayed (R) .

My favorite car is the R160 and they had the technology which I strongly like. I also love the very smooth sound they make along stone tracks along the Brightion and Sea Beach Lines.

My favorite line is the Astoria line becsuse they had a very quick express section. The best time to ride the Astoria express is when the (N) is sent to the express and they are doing work only between Ditmas Blvd and Astoria Blvd.

My favorite route is the (C), because I have always lived near the (C), and have always taken it.

My favorite cars are the R38's, because living on the A/C, I remember the R38's from growing up, and they still had the Centennial badges on them, and their car #'s were still in the old font.

My favorite line, has got to be the 168/181 section of the (1). The stations are beautiful, there are always birds, the elevator operators were always nice, and yet again, grew up using those stations.

The (A) all the way. From Inwood to West 4th is one of my favorite rides in the system. My favorite days on the (A) were the R38s and R40 Slants, but I'm a huge fan of the R32s -- those are my favorite active cars. Also really appreciate the R142As as my daily chauffeurs on the 6, they do their jobs.

This is interesting that people are limiting to one type, and I think I can do it without mentioning my second/third, e.t.c favorites... [NOTE: SIRTOA is actually my favorite but it's isolated and doesn't connect with the main system so I'll state my fave in the main system].

Favorite Route: (Q) Astoria-Midtown <-> Coney Island/Stillwell Ave.

Favorite Equipment: Pullman Standard R46.

Favorite Section of a Line: Brighton Line.

Routes: (1) and (A) Fun rides from Washington Heights and Columbia to the Lower West Side; the (L) is interesting between Williamsburg and Union Square

Equipment: R142A and R143's, despite the strip maps (I'm a FIND fan, myself).

Favorite Section: Over any of the East River Bridges, regardless of the line.

Route: (A) because it's the longest route and (D) because it's the nearest train route to my house.

Car: A Division: R33 Main Line B Division: R38/R40 Slants

Line: A Division (IRT Pelham Line) B Division (IND Culver/IND Rockaway Lines)

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta admit, the (7) has always been and will always be my favorite route, despite the love-hate sorta thing i have. it just simply gets me where i need to, and always had since i always have lived next to the (7), even during childhood. I sure miss those redbirds..

Subway cars: R32 and R42

Line: Rockaway Line

Favorite Line: (A)

Route: Culver/PS/Viaduct

Car: R160/R46/R32/38

I gotta admit, the (7) has always been and will always be my favorite route, despite the love-hate sorta thing i have. it just simply gets me where i need to, and always had since i always have lived next to the (7), even during childhood. I sure miss those redbirds..

I remember the first time I rode a Redbird. It was a <7>, was so confused. Didn't even think it was a subway train.

Favorite Line: (D)

Route: CPW/Grand Concouse

Car: Anything as long as it's in service. Working A/C is a plus.

Reason(s): It actually gets me to friggin work on time. Taking the (4) during rush hours is the equivalent of standing in front of a firing squad.

Archived