What's your longest stop in a tunnel beteen stations?

Abba

So what is the longest amount of time you have been stuck between stations in a tunnel? And in which tunnel was it?

I was stuck on a Manhattan Bound(N) train between 36th and Pacific.And between Franklin and Utica on a Utica bound (4),both for about 15 minutes.,and they were both BIE.

I don't think the TA would leave trains stuck in a tunnel, unless the train broke down and couldn't move anywhere or a train ahead and has to wait for the signal, otherwise in any cases like a bridge opening, all trains have to be platformed. The max time I've been stuck in a tunnel was at a red, which lasted about 30 seconds lol.

15 minutes, Fulton St to Broad St on a Bay Parkway-bound (M) train this summer. An R42 went BIE northbound at Broad St, and everything halted. I've been lucky enough to not have had any other significant experiences of being stuck in a tunnel

About 45-50 minutes...there was a major storm that happened somewhere in winter of 2007. I was on my way to work on the (F) was definitely before 7:30AM that it happened. I knew something was about to happen because in the other direction there was (F) train after (F) train in the tunnels and stations...just parked there. Mine got held going in the other direction. It was just awful.

Not exactly in a tunnel, but one time earlier this year I was on a Manhattan-bound <7> train between Junction and 61 St when the train goes BIE. Got stuck there for about 20 minutes as local after local after local goes by. To this day I have no idea what happened.

I got stuck in between Hoyt-Schermergorn Streets and Lafayette Avenue on the (A) in March of 2008. There was debris on the tracks and the train was there for over an hour!!! We then wrong-railed to Nostrand Avenue and I hopped on the B25 bus to Lafayette and took the (G) to school. This incident occured at 6:30 in the morning, and I got to school at 8:20, fifteen minutes late.

Summer 2008: I was on the last (:P from 145 St to Brighton Beach ( Just when the (B)s hours were extended ). I got on at West 4 St. I got caught between Atlantic & 7 Avs, because of sick passenger on a (Q) in front of us. At least a 20 minute wait on that Ice Cold Slant.:cool:

I got stuck on following lines.

(4)- Some day ago in Summer when uptown (4) was approaching 125th St.

<6>(7)<7>- During IRT Race and other, problem when trains approach Pelham Bay Park/Flushing.

Not only on Subway, I also experience this on LIRR Tunnel.

Babylon Branch- during second week of MetroCard Day on Bee-Line Bus. I almost missed N72 bus by 3 minutes.

I was stuck on the (D) Express between 145th and Tremont Avenue for an hour and a half around this time last year. What a headache it was... signals were out, or something like that.

I got stuck in between Hoyt-Schermergorn Streets and Lafayette Avenue on the (A) in March of 2008. There was debris on the tracks and the train was there for over an hour!!! We then wrong-railed to Nostrand Avenue and I hopped on the B25 bus to Lafayette and took the (G) to school. This incident occured at 6:30 in the morning, and I got to school at 8:20, fifteen minutes late.

I spent 65 mins in a R142A 4 all alone in the car right before Utica Ave. late night because of a work train getting out of layup.

I totally thought I had the longest time here....lol now i don't feel bad.

I never have been stuck on a tunnel with a train, on a bridge, oh yeah.

You sir are a show-off :P

Two hours and 10 minutes for me during a situation with an EDP and a train breakdown. Eventually somebody is going to chime in here who got stuck during the blackout.

Breaks in Emergency.

That occurs when the T/O's gotta go gotta go gotta go right now.

BRAKES in emergency is something totally different, which is what BIE stands for.

Once on an (R) train between Whitehall and the first stop in BK. Train went BIE several times between those two stations for whatever reason.

Also on an (Q) train between parkside and PP after a big snowstorm, train kept on going BIE, took like 45 minutes IIRC. I know that once the train got to PP I didn't even bother coming to school just when back on the other side and went home..

Coming home from taking pics of the Low V last Wed, I was on a Q train that was stuck outside of Dekalb for like 5+ min because of a 'sick passenger'.

A few years ago, there was a stabbing on the 2 train that I was on. It happened in the very car behind me [i was so lucky that I decided to go one car to the front or I might've got caught up in the fighting]. So service was suspended both ways on Nostrand and they had to run a shuttle 2 between President and Flatbush. Eventually I got to Flatbush than to waste a transfer by getting on the B44. I think the whole thing took like 15-20min.

Two hours and 10 minutes for me during a situation with an EDP and a train breakdown. Eventually somebody is going to chime in here who got stuck during the blackout.

That occurs when the T/O's gotta go gotta go gotta go right now.

BRAKES in emergency is something totally different, which is what BIE stands for.

I was waiting for that, too. The last blackout I was stuck on a train from 4:11 pm 'til my C/R and I were relieved at 10:30 am the next day. I can see all those prospective T/O s and C/R s never thought about that. You can not leave your train until you are properly relieved by a supervisor or another train crew, right Zman ?

Archived