Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Pick your torture:

1) You must endure daily beatdowns for the rest of your life. This means forever.

2) You must move out of your home into a dinky place in Idaho and be forced to listen to horrible anmie flicks for ten years with a strange man dressed in a sailormoon costume while you see to it that you attend all amnie conventions and make that your career.

3) Sit in a crushloaded set of subway cars on the PM rush: The car that you are in has no HVAC, and smells torrid of ass. The guy in front of you has that horrible breath that can kill a thousand dwarfs. A woman in the distance repeadedly digs in her nose and sings American Grace in the most horrible voice which is the equivilant of nails on a chalkboard. For ten minutes.

The choice is yours!

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Course, now that I get my iPhone my Mac decides to spaz out on me and not let me into OSX... now I can't restore this to my iTunes backup from my old phone.

First thing I'm doing when I'm able to get into OSX is upgrading to Mavericks... brand-new OS and glitchy but I got Snow Leopard now and I've been having this problem for a while with a grey progress bar showing up when I turn on my Mac and eventually it loads halfway and shuts down, but after a few tries or loading into Bootcamp and restarting it usually logs me in, now it won't work at all. Even better is I can't load in safe mode or boot from my install disc to run Disk Utility, damn install disc is too scratched up and it's never even been used. So I'm stuck with Windows 7 in Boot Camp until I can figure this all out.

Back in, just had to reboot in single user mode and exit it to skip the grey bar.

Pick your torture:

1) You must endure daily beatdowns for the rest of your life. This means forever.

2) You must move out of your home into a dinky place in Idaho and be forced to listen to horrible anmie flicks for ten years with a strange man dressed in a sailormoon costume while you see to it that you attend all amnie conventions and make that your career.

3) Sit in a crushloaded set of subway cars on the PM rush: The car that you are in has no HVAC, and smells torrid of ass. The guy in front of you has that horrible breath that can kill a thousand dwarfs. A woman in the distance repeadedly digs in her nose and sings American Grace in the most horrible voice which is the equivilant of nails on a chalkboard. For ten minutes.

The choice is yours!

I'm gonna make the right New Yorker choice. 3.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Pick your torture:

The choice is yours!

You heartless a**hole, the third choice of course. We've all been through that on transit at one point.

The first one is near similar to what I went through in my first year of Jr. High, near equally won and lost the fights. I'm past that bullshit. As for the second, I'm a heterosexual, and nowhere near a weeaboo, so no way.

Pick your torture:

The choice is yours!

Imma go with #3, at least that would only last for 10 minutes.

Well this upgrade to Mavericks has been going great... Apparently my HDD is "damaged" (possibly the cause of my last problem) and to continue the install I have to back up my sh*t and wipe it, and when I try to wipe it in Disk Utility it won't unmount. So now I'm being told to run the utility off my Snow Leopard install disk, which is scratched up and unreadable even though it's never been used! So now I'm getting myself another disk, digital downloading from Apple or whatever I gotta do to get the Snow Leopard installer, running Disk Utility off it, wiping the HDD then redoing the Mavericks install. I just hope I get my MBP all up and running sometime tomorrow, since I'm gonna need it.

On the bright side, I'm hoping this wipe fixes whatever issues there are with my HDD and I don't have to deal with any crap anymore. It definitely doesn't seem to be an issue with the drive, since when I get into OSX it runs fine as it does on my Windows part. I don't particularly wanna buy a new one so fast even though I'm liking the new MBPs with the Retina display, much rather would wait at least for Touch ID to come to the MBPs which is on the rumor mill for next year... but even then I probably won't upgrade unless I need to.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

lol tell me about it, coffee in the morning is a must. Need that caffeine in that morning. Sometimes even a red bull the way my mornings waking up goes.

Anything and everything with caffeine dude.

Red Bull, Four Lokos, I don't give a damn.

I have seen people smoking Crack in the platform of a Paris metro station today, during evening rush hour.  :blink:

More crazy, there were some transit agents in the train that stopped at this platform, they have seen it but they have done nothing (I hope that they have at least called the police).

It is true that this area is famous, for the Crack smokers and the prostitution that goes with this but I had never seen it with my own eyes until today and it was in the subway. 

"Allowing" to have people almost openly smoking Crack in the subway and near children, it is shameful!   :angry:

Edited by Minato ku

I have seen people smoking Crack in the platform of a Paris metro station today, during evening rush hour.  :blink:

More crazy, there were some transit agents in the train that stopped at this platform, they have seen it but they have done nothing (I hope that they have at least called the police).

It is true that this area is famous, for the Crack smokers and the prostitution that goes with this but I had never seen it with my own eyes until today and it was in the subway. 

"Allowing" to have people almost openly smoking Crack in the subway and near children, it is shameful!   :angry:

Same thing happens here, people doing drugs in the subways including crack. Which leads such to do deranged behavior such as emotional outbursts or masturbating in public.

Crack cocaine is a very dangerous drug that can certintly kill you. I would advise anyone I meet who has a cocaine addicion to kick the habit because it will financially destroy you. And if one cannot do it alone check into a rehab so they can be treated with medication to get through the withdrawal and start their lives obver on a clean slate.

Edited by realizm

Hope this includes FASFA and scholarship applications as well. If not, have fun..LOL.

Very important. Astoria: Make sure your parents taxes are done, the UD Dept of Education will turn you down for FASLA automatically if you did not file. I had this problem until recently as an independant where I was late on my own taxes and ended up on a payment plan paying thousands of dollars I can barely afford, but paying nethertheless. (Which I will be reimbursed for starting with the next payment due which will be given back to me in addition to the grants I will recieve albeit late)

In cases like that they give you a grace period of 6 months to resolve the issue.

Edited by realizm

Remember the old PokeRap from the days when there was only 150 Pokemon and you could still have a life outside of your Game Boy while still trying to "catch em all"? Well CollegeHumor has decided to update the PokeRap to include the now-current list of over 700 mons.

You know I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but this needs to be said to get something loud and clear to a group of users on this site. To some users that are spying on the chat for banned users, you can spy all you want too. It's not going to matter as we will still be talking about whatever subjects we discuss.

Also for the banned users around, you losers are still not tough guys for calling anyone out on other transit sites. Here is a message for some of those users, what you say on the internet can comeback to haunt you, especially when it comes to face to face confrontations. That's all.

You know I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but this needs to be said to get something loud and clear to a group of users on this site. To some users that are spying on the chat for banned users, you can spy all you want too. It's not going to matter as we will still be talking about whatever subjects we discuss.

Also for the banned users around, you losers are still not tough guys for calling anyone out on other transit sites. Here is a message for some of those users, what you say on the internet can comeback to haunt you, especially when it comes to face to face confrontations. That's all.

A revelation of persistent problems that only worsen as time goes on.

This is only the surface of the discussion.

+1 for bringing it to attention.

Playing with fire is not a wise thing to do. That's the jist of it. People like to talk behind a mask of anomynity with inflammatory and stealth like trollish actions which makes them cowards obviously. I'm sure they will not tell such things I see posted sometimes to someones face.

Saying it straight.

Edited by realizm