MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

How is that strange?

Keep ONE thing in mind guys, the NEW MCIs are coming soon and obviously the MTA is preparing for them. 66 MCIs for MTA Bus and of course the Prevost for NYCT. So any move that happens is not "TOTALLY" strange as far as the express fleet is concerned. Also, MTA Bus is rehabbing 46 MCIs so more moves need to happen to make the service.

Now a Nova going to Casey Stengel for service....now that's a strange move.

Yes, that's a copy :tup:

Are those going to CP/YON/ECH/SC???

Are those new MCI buses coming within the next few weeks/months?

Only reason I say strange was I spotted 3155 at FR before it became CP.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, that's a copy :tup:

Are those going to CP/YON/ECH/SC???

Are those new MCI buses coming within the next few weeks/months?

Only reason I say strange was I spotted 3155 at FR before it became CP.

As far as I know, looks like those are going to Yonkers and College Point. As to how many at each depot...I don't know.

As far as I know, looks like those are going to Yonkers and College Point. As to how many at each depot...I don't know.

I definitely hit it right on the nose. CP and YON to receive these bad boys.

For me I say CP (33), and YON (33).. but we don't know yet till the official paperwork comes out for how the buses will be distributed.

5133 - spotted this afternoon n/b on Fb Av near Av H. Didn't see if it had the logos up or if it was in service. But in any case, I am assuming most of these 5000 range RTSs are coming back because of the school crowds.

According to this person on subchat Bus317 :

9904, 9851, 9831 from JG to CP

895, 915, 899 from JG to SC

That blows. I liked 915. It will be interesting to see C40lfs on either the B100/103.

5133 - spotted this afternoon n/b on Fb Av near Av H. Didn't see if it had the logos up or if it was in service. But in any case, I am assuming most of these 5000 range RTSs are coming back because of the school crowds.

According to this person on subchat Bus317 :

That blows. I liked 915. It will be interesting to see C40lfs on either the B100/103.

How does that blow? The bus didn't leave Brooklyn and SC maintenance is just as good as JG is and on top of that, the bus will be fairly easy to find as its only two possible routes it could be on.

Just saw 5202 at MJQ yesterday, now the 5100s I can understand, but 5055 is at FB?! That's legitimately strange, been years since that bus was at FB. Shame about the C40s too, they can't get rid off too many of those right now since there aren't enough buses to fill for them.

5400 to 100th Street, wearing Quill stickers on one side and 100th stickers on the other.

Last time I recall 5055 being at FB was in 2007/2008, fairly recent, those buses came from either 126 or FP. Can't really remember right now. That's not really a strange move. By the end of the weekend or early next week. 5131-5134 will be back at FB At some point 5202-5204 will also return.

Here's a strange move (lol): 8890 UP to FB. Spotted on the B46 last night with FLA decals.

7630 WF to JG. Spotted on the B61 last weekend with correspondng JG Decals.

Edited by Future ENY OP

How does that blow? The bus didn't leave Brooklyn and SC maintenance is just as good as JG is and on top of that, the bus will be fairly easy to find as its only two possible routes it could be on.

Blows in the sense that the B9 is almost my 'homeline' as opposed to the B100 or B103. I prefer not to go out of my way to see that bus [even if it is once in a while]. Of course I'm happy it'll stay within the borough than to be moved out to CP or WF.