MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it really being used as a police bus or is police bus just in the destination sign?? I have a habit of putting either "Police Bus" or "Hurricane Shelter" in yhe destination sign of buses when I'm done working on them...

Is it really being used as a police bus or is police bus just in the destination sign?? I have a habit of putting either "Police Bus" or "Hurricane Shelter" in yhe destination sign of buses when I'm done working on them...

They were used for the raid at Chinatown. I happened to be down there during the time the raid was going on. I saw a number of cops and officials hop off them buses. I wanted to wait till all the cops left so I can get my two pictures lol. These were taken a few feet from the building that was being raided. When Homeland Security showed up, I got up and out of there!

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

Edited by Cait Sith

Oh , we'll it must of not went through then.

They were used for the raid at Chinatown. I happened to be down there during the time the raid was going on. I saw a number of cops and officials hop off them buses. I wanted to wait till all the cops left so I can get my two pictures lol. These were taken a few feet from the building that was being raided. When Homeland Security showed up, I got up and out of there!

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

Yeah there was a gambling & prostitution raid , 11 people were arrested & boxes of cash were taken out .

**Edit** they weren't installing the luggage rack on 1248, they were just sizing it and deciding on the best position for it (most likely for the buses we are slated to get for the M60)

Edited by Blitz

are the 85xx CNGs from CP gone already?

No not yet I think there's 2 or 3 left I think 8571 is still there though.

All 1998 Orion V CNG's are being replaced soon probably by the end of summer when the JG C40's come and move the other good C40's around.