MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

As the administrator of the TTMG depot, we do not add a bus onto the roster until its counted IN SERVICE. It can be at the depot but if its not in passenger service yet, we do not add it.

The MTA is good for moving equipment around after a fresh delivery. So until its shows up in the database as in service OR is spotted and reported by someone on a line, you wont see it on the TTMG roster...and as of 3 minutes ago, the database does not show them as service ready yet.

Thank You VintageSoul! It makes much more sense now on TTMG roster.

lmaooo he be stalking yall buses

No I don't be stalking their buses...I just go take a look around all the depots once and a while mainly in Staten Island and brooklyn.

Oh , sometimes i see somebody walking back and fourth by the gate & theyre looking at the buses back and fourth. But i saw them inside a few days ago they were sitting in the back being worked on but the new flyer technicians.

Lol I don't think it would be me as I see people walking over there all the time, mainly B/Os.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You VintageSoul! It makes much more sense now on TTMG roster.

No I don't be stalking their buses...I just go take a look around all the depots once and a while mainly in Staten Island and brooklyn.

Lol I don't think it would be me as I see people walking over there all the time, mainly B/Os.

then it wasn't 441 or 42 I saw it must of been 341&42 , oh well then . And yeah some people take a look around the depot to see what's there , but security there are sometimes strict but for the most part they won't say anything , some don't care about what you do just dont take pictures or videos around there and you'll be fine .

OMG my eyes just seen one of the weirdest sights in staten island...an xd40 on the s78 im not joking it just stopped at hylan blvd and reynolds st...is this a move to charleston?

no either 1 of 2 things , either he just had the sign up by mistake with people on the bus or 2. A run needed to be covered & they used that bus . It is not a move to charleston .

4965 from east new York @ Ulmer park , sitting in the out of service area with no stickers on it .

A service center for Port Authority and various other buses (ours included)

Also doubles as the acceptance center for the new buses we getting. After leaving the plant, the buses go there first before going to Zerega

He knows what it is , he just doesn't know what the name means . Most of them dont go to zerega , some get picked up where they service them .

Saw 4243 earlier on flatlands headed towards east new York depot , dont know if it's a move or just service work " hopefully someone can confirm this...

Saw 4243 earlier on flatlands headed towards east new York depot , dont know if it's a move or just service work " hopefully someone can confirm this...

i saw 4607 last week thursday on flatlands as well along w a xd40 speeeding behind probably for work most likely , only because it has not been seen

& btw i wanted to go on your site ciboii but it seems to be down..

He knows what it is , he just doesn't know what the name means . Most of them dont go to zerega , some get picked up where they service them .

It could be for training; lots of depots train drivers in Spring Creek and Starrett City; I've even seen Yukon buses training in Starrett City.

It could be for training; lots of depots train drivers in Spring Creek and Starrett City; I've even seen Yukon buses training in Starrett City.

It isnt for training because i saw a mechanic driving it there . If they were training then i wouldnt post it up & i would of put that there were a lot of drivers on the bus & the training sign would be up . There was a mechanic and a company car going there.

i saw 4607 last week thursday on flatlands as well along w a xd40 speeeding behind probably for work most likely , only because it has not been seen

& btw i wanted to go on your site ciboii but it seems to be down..

Inbox me about my site

regarding the thread about 4243 there was an MTA car? behind 4243 and it was seen going to the ENY depot? That most likely means that it was a transfer to ENY the car was following the bus to take the mechanic back to the FLA depot. so, If Im not mistaken 4243 is now an ENY bus.

not necessarily , and the car turned off on another block ... Sometimes if there's a move then the company cars don't have to go with the person unless it's more than 1 person . I saw a mechanic from Castleton with 4872 driving it to Ulmer park & he got to Ulmer park & asked for directions on how to get back .

not necessarily , and the car turned off on another block ... Sometimes if there's a move then the company cars don't have to go with the person unless it's more than 1 person . I saw a mechanic from Castleton with 4872 driving it to Ulmer park & he got to Ulmer park & asked for directions on how to get back .

If I go to Atlantic Detroit Diesel/ Allison in Lodi, NJ with a bus and don't have a bus to bring back, how do I get back to LGA or any MTA facility for that matter? Or better yet, I take a bus from CP to ECH scrap with nothing in return to CP, how do I get back to CP?