MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

You know what my guess is, that since LGAs RTSes got sent to EC for inspection, they ran out of room so they moved the Orion V CNGs to the scrap side for a temporary time so maybe some Orion V CNGs will come back to the storage side, when the RTSes leave

Come to think of it, only a few of the ones on the save side went to the scrap side, if any. The rest are all gone. 9871 is still sitting there untouched, except that someone wrote "9871" on it.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been at Stengel for a week, but I didn't see the CS stickers. I'm pretty sure I saw it yesterday on the Q44 still with QV stickers...

You did....................I saw it at Supthin/Archer.

I meant to say stealing time, sorry for the late reply not stealing run

Gotcha.  Padding the payroll is automatic dismissal. 

Come to think of it, only a few of the ones on the save side went to the scrap side, if any. The rest are all gone. 9871 is still sitting there untouched, except that someone wrote "9871" on it.

Actually all of the ones on the save side went to the scrap side, if I am correct then none of the 11? that went from save to scrap side have actually been scrapped, as well as 9871 713 7224 9852 etc. I heard that only 9844 has most likely recently been towed to scrap

Out of the RTS feet, Which RTS do you guys like better? 4900s-5000s or 8000s, 9000s, 9100s-9500s, and 9600s? My vote is for the 4900s-5000s. I like the signs on those RTSs better and the engine. And that ZF transmission on the 5100s was the jump off. :)

94&9500's... Especially those 9500's from QV

5485 is now at JFK and was on the Q10 today. 5423 was working the Q7.

Hmmm... Me living right near JFK Depot I'm surprised I haven't seen an oddity on the Q7 yet... So it is true then they are starting to spread the artics around now...

Have you seen any going towards 165th Terminal tho ?

5400 - storage to 126 Street. While I was waiting for 5392 to come out of its layover (and after 4705 had passed me), 5400 came off the RFK.

BTW, when were the last four "old" C40LFs withdrawn from service?

Weeks ago.. I last saw one back in August I got a picture of it.

1 is still in storaged for service, 2 are scrap also where did the other 5-7 old C40s go? EC scrap side or save side?

the ones that are next to the Vikings are still there. Those are pending... Most likely they're gonna be stored. But 824 I believe is the one reserved but I never saw it at EC. It could've been a mistake in the system maybe?

Those are good but they look kinda ugly compared to the 4900s and 5000s & They get annoying at times. The only down side of living by GA/Fresh Pond Routes when I was in brooklyn.

ENY ran those 4900's into the ground... JAM actually took better care of there 4900's

IMO I liked FLA 5000's and 5100's

They we're clean

ENY only cared for the 5200's when they did have them

the ones that are next to the Vikings are still there. Those are pending... Most likely they're gonna be stored. But 824 I believe is the one reserved but I never saw it at EC. It could've been a mistake in the system maybe?

824, 855 and 987 (i think that's the one) are there parked to the left of the Vikings

ENY ran those 4900's into the ground... JAM actually took better care of there 4900's

IMO I liked FLA 5000's and 5100's

They we're clean

ENY only cared for the 5200's when they did have them

Cosmetically, yes. Internally, one of the best series of buses they have running out of that depot.