MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

You guys gotta realize that JFK is handling a lot of buses, far rock depot is just a lot, their maintenance building I think is still closed, JFK has been doing maintenance work on all of its buses including Far Rock's buses so of course things won't be perfect

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys gotta realize that JFK is handling a lot of buses, far rock depot is just a lot, their maintenance building I think is still closed, JFK has been doing maintenance work on all of its buses including Far Rock's buses so of course things won't be perfect

JFK has always been like that their D60's are not doing well themselves. JFK has a lot of buses that are taped up but that was going on way before FR routes shifted to JFK. I can understand LGA not keeping up because they just have too many routes and a lot of old buses.

This is NOT an April Fool's joke.... 5604 is at JFK. I JUST SHOT IT! Sent from my Motorola Moto G.

Of course it pops up just as I was done getting shots of the redbird at queens borough hall.

On another note, 512 Q60

Edited by -CT1660-

This is NOT an April Fool's joke.... 5604 is at JFK. I JUST SHOT IT! Sent from my Motorola Moto G.

Which leads me to believe that they probably kept 5649... So they are slowly pushing those 2000 D60HFs out.. So we can assume that MTAB isn't apart of the new order of Artics... They must have changed that up recently... It makes sense tho... Give MTAB the hand me downs and TA gets to new stuff smh lol

Which leads me to believe that they probably kept 5649... So they are slowly pushing those 2000 D60HFs out.. So we can assume that MTAB isn't apart of the new order of Artics... They must have changed that up recently... It makes sense tho... Give MTAB the hand me downs and TA gets to new stuff smh lol

Negative, 5649 ain't there anymore. This is because of the shortage.

Sent from my Motorola Moto G.

I'm assuming this was a one day thing for the installation of BusTime. Then again, all the buses at JFK should have TusBime by now. 

If this persists tomorrow then I might check it out. I was actually told about this earlier but thought it was another April Fools prank.

Alright guys, just got word of a couple others but I'm waiting on confirmation for a couple.

5400 in service at KB.

5464 to WF.

5512 to MQ.

5514-5515 to JK.

5716 to MQ.

This just got interesting.

I'm assuming this was a one day thing for the installation of BusTime. Then again, all the buses at JFK should have TusBime by now. 

If this persists tomorrow then I might check it out. I was actually told about this earlier but thought it was another April Fools prank.

5604 already had GPS since it was at Gun Hill before being sent to JFK. I have no idea why it isn't showing up for the Q10 now.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

It's not going to be end for the old D60HFs, then? Are they going to keep on running at whatever new depot they are?

They have no other choice. If they don't they'll be short on buses.

Add 5558 to JFK.

Edited by Cait Sith