MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any ideas on how NovaBus will deal with the lack of seats on the lower part of the 40-foot bus? And the cramped spacing in general? The back seems fine with that new layout, but the placement of the wheels means you're kind of low on options for the front. They could do what they and NFI do on the artics (and what Euro buses have on all types) and put double front-facing seats on the front side of the front wheels. Not sure if the space is there, though. Definitely space for a single sideways seat.

Any ideas on how NovaBus will deal with the lack of seats on the lower part of the 40-foot bus? And the cramped spacing in general? The back seems fine with that new layout, but the placement of the wheels means you're kind of low on options for the front. They could do what they and NFI do on the artics (and what Euro buses have on all types) and put double front-facing seats on the front side of the front wheels. Not sure if the space is there, though. Definitely space for a single sideways seat.

That all depends on how the MTA requests the specs on those buses.

That all depends on how the MTA requests the specs on those buses.

Not a lot of space to work with there.

Based on this photo from TTMG (great stuff as usual), I'm guessing they might shoehorn an extra seat or two in there.

http://ttmg.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Novabus_Nova_LFS-Interior.jpg

They could do the layout in this photo, only have the first three rows (from camera's point of view) of transverse seats on the lower level be singles and have the last row be a double as is done on the lower level of the back portion in the XD60s. Add the solo seat in front of the front wheel on the door-side, and you add up to 34 seats; same as a C40LF.

Also, I'd like for the (MTA) to go with the white interior window frames and paneling. Not sure if that costs extra or something.

Edited by Culver

so you took over the rosters? and why do i see 2 nyb MCI'S at liberty lines(yonkers) there a shortage at yonkers?

I'm a TTMG Admin so responsibilities get juggled around. 7423 and 7425 are assigned to Yonkers, as per the roster so there you go...

I noticed about 6 or so buses missing from system Reserve, all of the 99 C40's except for 824 and 7215 and 7216 are gone, looks like they are officially canned it seems, damn.

Yeah, I had to go over that part twice to make sure I was reading the right thing. Like you said, the C40s, Orion Vs and 1300 series D60s were swapped out for DL3s.