MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which depot(s) have the best Orion V's in the system? I rode 6005 yesterday on the Q50, it was pretty good. I also got to say that some Stengel O5's aren't in the best condition. Same with NG's. 4217 is beat up.. BTW, was 6145 at Stengel previously?

IMO, I would say Casey Stengel, Eastchester & Gun Hill. KB and Castleton are getting up there. Yukon's units without a doubt are the absolute worst.

6145 was previously at Casey Stengel prior to the move to Yukon.

I only rode an SI O5 unit once, forgot the route. It wasn't as smooth as it would be on a Stengel ride. 

EDIT: I found a video on 6290, what depot was that bus in when it burned?

That was formally a Yukon bus.

The one thing I do like about the S.I Orion Vs(Castleton's to be exact), they don't shake around or jerk around as much as the units up in Queens and over at Yukon.

Edited by Cait Sith

5252 is still in service? I thought they retired it a while back..

and 4505 for some reason was in System reserve or doing something at ECH. Seems weird they'd just stick them at CP... prob the most random place to put them.

5252 is not the oldest D60HF.. It was one of the last buses to go into service.

Hmm, do you have any pictures of 6862 and 6853? I tried to catch them but I haven't seen them. Unless they are sitting in Stengel not in service.

6853 is still out of service. I saw it last week when I was in the park over there. Its sitting right near the end of the overpass to the park still charred in the back...

860102_10200158026307729_486336156_o.jpg

Edited by Fresh Pond

Hmm, do you have any pictures of 6862 and 6853? I tried to catch them but I haven't seen them. Unless they are sitting in Stengel not in service.

As posted 6853 is fried but 6862 looks like every other OG, full new paint job with the arial numbers, front stripe etc. It's been in regular service for weeks

Maybe, but Kingsbridge already got their hands on #6007 so that might make sense.

ummmm. I hope not lol. kidding.  But will make it sense #6007 were go to Eastchester Depot . At least Eastchetser Depot have #6005 , #6008 & all other etc. But #6007 is missing at Eatschester Depot. Where is #6007 lol. You know i am kidding, Imagine if #6007 were go to Eastchester Depot. 

ummmm. I hope not lol. kidding. But will make it sense #6007 were go to Eastchester Depot . At least Eastchetser Depot have #6005 , #6008 & all other etc. But #6007 is missing at Eatschester Depot. Where is #6007 lol. You know i am kidding, Imagine if #6007 were go to Eastchester Depot.

Um, what? Edited by Orion VII 4 Life