MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

I'm just suprised that those Orion's haven't fallen apart. When is that 690 bus order coming?It seems like depots are pushing the NG's down to Staten Island in return for Orion so when the new buses come Staten Island doesn't touch the new buses or at least a lot of them. It makes sense the same thing that they are doing to LGA.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see how this is working... they giving staten island buses that are decent in age and not ready for retirement... then all the depots that have the staten island Orion Vs and RTS (NYCT only) will get a share of the 690 order.

Well kinda .. Yes. But Staten Island is in bad shape ATM so they're gonna send the good ones over there and the bad ones down here or another reason could be for mileage reasons.. They wanna balance everything out.

I have a small theory. What if the Orion V's that are at Gleason are there to help get them ready for revenue service at Maspeth? That would surely be convenient, instead of transporting these buses all the way to North Brooklyn from Staten Island.

Btw, got on 6292 Sunday. It felt hella weird catching it on something that wasn't a Q44Ltd or a Q76. Weird in a great way.

I see how this is working... they giving staten island buses that are decent in age and not ready for retirement... then all the depots that have the staten island Orion Vs and RTS (NYCT only) will get a share of the 690 order.

That's what I said before. The (MTA) knows that buses get torn up on Staten Island streets and they are pushing Orion VII's down there. When the new bus order comes Staten Island won't touch and mess up the new buses. I can only imagine the Orion VII 3G's are now -_-

which was my basic point, and hybrids issues aside for SI, this is a good thing so we don't have to rotate the buses with si like they did in the 2000s before the ngs arrived.

In the GA/Yukon case, it's not about shortage, it's a temporary resolution for the mileage issues for the Orion Vs that were in Staten Island their entire lives.

uhhh in laments terms they are moving them off of SI cause the routes are high milage and begining to eat into them ( if not correct me)

Seems like Gleason's O7s are back, too lazy to go to the depot but I'm seeing tons of them.

They are back. I am also thinking that the Orion Vs that are at Gleason are being held for Grand Avenue.

My only complaint is that Grand Avenue will not be receiving more than just 20 measly old Orion Vs. With my luck, its going to be hard as hell to catch them on any route, especially the B47 and B57.

So has it been confirmed what NGs will be coming over to Queens Village and which numbers of the lfs' are coming over to jamaica?

Edited by Micstromme