MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

It'd be nice if the 7000's went back to push out the buses from the 9350-9699 group at QV

Those are ODD BALL buses... You can't just move 1 or 2... They'd have to move them all and it really makes no sense to move them at this point.... QV in the long run will probably end up with XDs to go with the LFS...

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone knows why the new artics being delivered to Jfk depot have to make a pit stop at the port authority bus depot at Jfk first. Was driving by today and saw 5373 parked up in there so I guess delivery to Jfk is imminent.

That's a satellite facility for buses, where new buses tend to go to for acceptance and such. Also, buses from the year 2004 and up tend to go there for maintenance work as well.

5370 at JFK.

NOOO!!!!! Don't tell me JA is sending the youngest old RTS to WF, and the fact that more RTS are going to WF.

Edit: Oh I hope it was a loan, just like the other RTS above my post.

it is a loan: mentioned from MHV, so its back at Jamaica

Edited by Calvin

4908 and 4932 went too, but they all returned to Jamaica later today. So temporary stuff.

Only 6 1996s ran out of Jamaica today, really getting bleak.

8944 is definitely one of them.... Seen it during rush hour on the Q4... Get your pics early they are about to be gone

Bye Bye 1996 Novas✌????️

Ok. #8241-8242, #8245-8247 and #8251 (the LAST bus for Castleton) are at Castleton. Just posting but can someone confirm...greatly appreciated. So far, I'm 2 out of 3!

...and if what "Calvin" said is true...if there are no more Orion Vs at Charleston, then I'd give it another week before Castleton joins Charleston.

Edited by The TransitMan

Ok. #8241-8242, #8245-8247 and #8251 (the LAST bus for Castleton) are at Castleton. Just posting but can someone confirm...greatly appreciated. So far, I'm 2 out of 3!

...and if what "Calvin" said is true...if there are no more Orion Vs at Charleston, then I'd give it another week before Castleton joins Charleston.

Yukon still needs 8294-8317 so that all the V's at Staten Island are wiped out. 

About 5 more units to go at Castleton so that the order is complete. 

Edited by Calvin

So in conclusion, how many Vs are left?

3 (KB) + 3 (ECH) = 6 in the Bronx, about 50 units left in Staten Island (CAS/YUK)

Who else besides Staten Island is getting local buses delivered?  I've lost track at the moment.  Have they switched back to delivering to Kingsbridge?

Jamaica and Gun Hill. Queens Village has 23 buses in the order (11 now)

And also: 2730 delivered to CH

Edited by Calvin

3 (KB) + 3 (ECH) = 6 in the Bronx, about 50 units left in Staten Island (CAS/YUK)

Jamaica and Gun Hill. Queens Village has 23 buses in the order (11 now)

And also: 2730 delivered to CH

Wow... 3 left at KB?  That explains all of the new buses I've been seeing... This should allow them to rehab some of those 2009 3Gs... Some of them could use a little TLC... Cracks here... Dings there...

Because that's where the unit is supposed to go in the first place.

That I know, but wasn't the point... That flew right over your head... lol

---

Speaking of bus moves, why are the training buses that I see Manhattan always out of Queens?  Wouldn't it make more sense to get a bus from Manhattan?