MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a text from a friend that #5373-5374 are at JFK. Can someone at JFK confirm?

Co-sign on 5374. 

3-4 remaining according to the another topic

That post said 'as of a few weeks ago.' No Vs have run in service out of Yukon since February 3rd. Nobody noticed because, for the most part, nobody fans SI. The Vs were mostly gone by the end of January. 6293 was the last bus on the premises, I believe. 6217 went to Eastchester shortly before that, 6328 the day before.

13 Vs pulled out of CA this morning. [6000, 6003, 6011, 6011, 6021, 6027, 6079, 6152, 6190, 6198, 6210, 6233, 6326.]

4 Vs pulled out of KB this morning, with 2 doing morning trips at West Farms. [6033, 6081, 6267, 6333.] The same buses ran last week.

1 V pulled out of ECH this morning. 6025 and 6142 have run the past week or so, but I haven't seen anything out of 6137.

I doubt there are more than 20 Vs left in the entire system. 

While we're at it, not a single 1996 pulled out of Jamaica this morning. 8944 and 9208 were the last two as of Friday (9208 is an old Manhattanville/Quill bus!).

Edited by MHV9218

Co-sign on 5374. 

That post said 'as of a few weeks ago.' No Vs have run in service out of Yukon since February 3rd. Nobody noticed because, for the most part, nobody fans SI. The Vs were mostly gone by the end of January. 6293 was the last bus on the premises, I believe. 6217 went to Eastchester shortly before that, 6328 the day before.

13 Vs pulled out of CA this morning. [6000, 6003, 6011, 6011, 6021, 6027, 6079, 6152, 6190, 6198, 6210, 6233, 6326.]

4 Vs pulled out of KB this morning, with 2 doing morning trips at West Farms. [6033, 6081, 6267, 6333.] The same buses ran last week.

1 V pulled out of ECH this morning. 6025 and 6142 have run the past week or so, but I haven't seen anything out of 6137.

While we're at it, not a single 1996 pulled out of Jamaica this morning. 8944 and 9208 were the last two as of Friday (9208 is an old Manhattanville/Quill bus!).

That's what I like to hear...  :D  On another note, why does Castleton have so many of those old buses remaining when they have most of the new buses already delivered?

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

6137 is still at ECH but just not in service

Co-sign on 5374. 

You doubled 6011, and does anyone know how many CA actually have? Because 13 can pull out, but that doesn't mean all of them was in service.

And I'll correct KB then.

Update: Roster updated.

Edited by Rick44

5364-5367 are the pilots. The rest are production buses. BP and LGA are going to get random units for maintenance and driver training.

• 5364-5391 John F. Kennedy Depot
  • 5392-5438 Baisley Park Depot
  • 5439-5490 LaGuardia Depot

So this will rid JFK and LGA of ALL RTSs ... Is my guess .... As well probably push OG/NGs to ECH to push the 99's back to NYCT and rid them of the few remaining V's... Does ECH even really need those V's or they just there as backups to the RTSs? 

So this will rid JFK and LGA of ALL RTSs ... Is my guess .... As well probably push OG/NGs to ECH to push the 99's back to NYCT and rid them of the few remaining V's... Does ECH even really need those V's or they just there as backups to the RTSs? 

The Vs are the replacements for the 2 RTSs that went up in flames during their time at EC. It's also a possibility that Eastchester would get Hybrids out of this in the end. Definitely a possibility.

2734 at CH.

5373 confirmed at JFK.

Edited by Cait Sith

Do you know which two RTSes burst into flames at EC?

I think the numbers are 5179 and 5181. One of them burnt up on the Whitestone Bridge.

All 25 RTSs that are assigned to ECH are accounted for the O-5s are extras.

They are not....those Orion Vs came into service after they had the incidents with the two RTSs.

The Vs are the replacements for the 2 RTSs that went up in flames during their time at EC. It's also a possibility that Eastchester would get Hybrids out of this in the end. Definitely a possibility.

2734 at CH.

5373 confirmed at JFK.

DOB is pissed about those 2 RTS incidents, wants the buses back immediately, and does not want to send hybrids up there at all. 

TA is ready to take back those Nova's and ship some old ones up there. The $#!^ is about to hit the fan because there are some who didn't want those buses to go up there. They have been pounding the streets 17 years now and all of a sudden 2 of them catch fire.

I am also being told TA is taking over the maintenance for those buses after those incidents. I was not able to confirm that part for sure, but I was definitely told weeks ago they wanted those buses back in Brooklyn.

DOB is pissed about those 2 RTS incidents, wants the buses back immediately, and does not want to send hybrids up there at all. 

TA is ready to take back those Nova's and ship some old ones up there. The $#!^ is about to hit the fan because there are some who didn't want those buses to go up there. They have been pounding the streets 17 years now and all of a sudden 2 of them catch fire.

I am also being told TA is taking over the maintenance for those buses after those incidents. I was not able to confirm that part for sure, but I was definitely told weeks ago they wanted those buses back in Brooklyn.

They are trying to blame Eastchester maintenance for a freak accident?

You doubled 6011, and does anyone know how many CA actually have? Because 13 can pull out, but that doesn't mean all of them was in service.

I only listed buses that pulled out for service runs. The first 6011 should be 6008. I did miss one: 6331 is also running.

Those buses started in Manhattan- Quill and 132/MV than went to Flatbush and East New York with NO incidents. Only place to mess up is at Eastchester.

Not that I wanna defend ECH maintenance too much, but that's a bit of an unfair comparison. Those buses were pretty young at a bunch of those depots, and now they're pushing 17 years--stuff is more bound to go wrong than ever.

Not that I wanna defend ECH maintenance too much, but that's a bit of an unfair comparison. Those buses were pretty young at a bunch of those depots, and now they're pushing 17 years--stuff is more bound to go wrong than ever.

Well I can kind of see why ECH is being attacked. RTS are meant to last around two decades, but all of a sudden when ECH gets their hands on them two are forced to go away early when they still had life. Sad thing is those 5100s didn't reach a full year at ECH. Hopefully the TA looks past this because honestly two buses lost is not that bad, even for a fleet of 25 buses. If more got lost that's a different story.

Well I can kind of see why ECH is being attacked. RTS are meant to last around two decades, but all of a sudden when ECH gets their hands on them two are forced to go away early when they still had life. Sad thing is those 5100s didn't reach a full year at ECH. Hopefully the TA looks past this because honestly two buses lost is not that bad, even for a fleet of 25 buses. If more got lost that's a different story.

First things first.. The (MTA) made a mistake by send 5175-5199 outside of Flatbush to ECH. I'm not here to bash ECH maintenance at all. From what I've read is that they (ECH) have the best maintenance in (MTA) bus. However, when those RTS left FB to The Bronx they were supposed to be in good hands until stated otherwise (Return back to sender which is FB). Now that the (MTA) wants their RTS back and there is a big fuss about it. At the end of the day the Department of Buses runs the buses. Even with the mishap at ECH theyknew that those buses were going to be there temporarily there and not staying for the interim.