MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2856, 2859 in service at College Point.

(I believe 2159 is gone. And also believe 2926 and 2930 are the last remaining ex NYBS)

2199 is NOT at Castleton. Only 2189, 2190 and 2197 are active.

I believe an end of an era has come to a close. No more 1996 Novas at Jamaica. 9208 is at Grand for some reason. 

That's what happens when there is only 4 of them

I would've expected others to be retired before these, particularly the ones with the green signage that I hate.  Besides, they retrofitted all of those buses with new seats and the signage is easy on the eyes.  Not sure why they would retire those before the green signage buses which have taken much more abuse.

I would've expected others to be retired before these, particularly the ones with the green signage that I hate.  Besides, they retrofitted all of those buses with new seats and the signage is easy on the eyes.  Not sure why they would retire those before the green signage buses which have taken much more abuse.

They're all 2002 units, so they've been in use for 14 years. They've reached an age where they can't be used as frequently anymore. Having green sign or orange signs have nothing to do with what buses get retired. It also depends on mileage of the individual buses too.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

They're all 2002 units, so they've been in use for 14 years. They've reached an age where they can't be used as frequently anymore. Having green sign or orange signs have nothing to do with what buses get retired. It also depends on mileage of the individual buses too.

I know all of that.  My point is that the green signage buses have mainly been on Staten Island, and those buses took a pounding, and those buses are either as old if not older.  Those 74XX buses... No way do they have the same amount of mileage, and even if they do (which I doubt), they should still be in better shape than the green signage buses.

I know all of that.  My point is that the green signage buses have mainly been on Staten Island, and those buses took a pounding, and those buses are either as old if not older.  Those 74XX buses... No way do they have the same amount of mileage, and even if they do (which I doubt), they should still be in better shape than the green signage buses.

At one point, they had "Green Signage".

Also, #8492-8494 are at Queens Village. Rob3737, can you confirm that?