MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

ENY doesn't want NG they want RTS. Hmm lets see how this is going to workout

..... Last time I checked. The department of buses runs the show. Whether or not East New York doesn't want NG's is only up to them. They trained with NG's in the past. The last being 4220, 4596 and 4598 from Flatbush. If it so happens that ENY gets NG's they will most likely end at Flatbush or Fresh Pond.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..... Last time I checked. The department of buses runs the show. Whether or not East New York doesn't want NG's is only up to them. They trained with NG's in the past. The last being 4220, 4596 and 4598 from Flatbush. If it so happens that ENY gets NG's they will most likely end at Flatbush or Fresh Pond.

Although, I vaguely remember ENY (the member) saying that East New York holds clout in the DOB and expects what it wants. He also said the s--- is gonna hit the fan so watch out!

Although, I vaguely remember ENY (the member) saying that East New York holds clout in the DOB and expects what it wants. He also said the s--- is gonna hit the fan so watch out!

You are definitely right about that. If ENY doesn't get NG's give dem to Flatbush, Fresh Pond, and/or Grand Avenue.. I'd be surprised if they put Ulmer Park back in the talk for NG's.

You are definitely right about that. If ENY doesn't get NG's give dem to Flatbush, Fresh Pond, and/or Grand Avenue.. I'd be surprised if they put Ulmer Park back in the talk for NG's.

I'm down for that!

Yea I never understand why Ulmer Park never got any Hybrids OG or NG Whichever? Can someone explain?

i believe that eny and flat will not get any of the ng's, They will all go to ga an d fp remenber there are on on 38 ng's coming back from si. also don't forget next xd40 order do tho commence next month. Bet is eny will get the first 43 buses which will send 27 nova's to jam and 3 to si's ch. also I thank the 13 rts's currently at eny  will  also go to jam,  and jam will finally send the 2011 nova's to qv so they gan retire the 9500's / 9600's.

Simply put, Ulmer does not want hybrids of any kind.

Not true.

At the time the NGs were being delivered, they rejected any kind of new bus. They were in line to get them.

.....ironically enough, their local fleet fell apart fast. They originally weren't in line for the Nova-New Flyer-Orion pilot program to begin with until their local fleet fell apart really fast.

This is true that DOB has the final word, however don't forget that ENY is DOB headquarters. They rejected the Orion V, and the OG hybrids until they were forced to get them as MTA Bus came into the picture and needed RTS buses from everywhere. They were the only depot that tested the RTS low floor in a stealth evaluation. They also requested the fist batch of production XD40's, tthen requested the LFS for a side by side evaluation. Also remember that most ENY drivers are or end up being trained on everything unlike other depots. My brother was at ENY for 13 years, and he trained on the D60HF, Orion V, and VI, even though they never got any.

ENY was originally supposed to be a Test & Evaluation depot, however as Cait Sith mentioned it ended up being at Ulmer because they basically had the oldest fleet next to MTA Bus. Ulmer holds a bit of clout as well and when it came down to the test program they opted to keep the Prevost, and the decision came down between the 3G's which they loved and the XD40. Ultimately it came down to the XD40 as Orio exited the market, and the 3G's went to SI because they wanted to get the hybrids out of there.

ENY however does NOT want anymore hybrids. Especially not NG's. If they are forced to keep them they will be happy with OG's, even though they don't want those either! They would prefer a mixed fleet of XD40, and RTS, however,?they don't particularly care for the 7000 series buses and want the rest of the 4800's from Ulmer..... None of the operators at any depot like the takeoff of the newer XD40's, but from a DOB standpoint the fact that they don't take off like rockets saves tons of fuel.

So as I said, this will be very interesting as the TA doesn't want hybrids at EC either. Long ago before the test phase was even complete ENY basically mandated since they didn't get the test buses they wanted the first of the new order. 7090 basically bypassed Zerega and went straight to ENY for acceptance. Something that almost always happens at Zerega, but ENY got the bus dress out the factory without registration or license plates. However as time goes on, it's almost inevitable that they get NG's in the future as the OG retirement is next up starting in 2018/19 along with the last of the RTS buses.

I also confirmed the last 13 RTS buses will retire out of Quill as an icon and staple of NYC Transit for nearly 40 years.... ENY wanted the last, but Manhattan is where the bus has been recognized in countless movies. One of those buses witjk then go to the museum fleet.

ENY however does NOT want anymore hybrids. Especially not NG's. If they are forced to keep them they will be happy with OG's, even though they don't want those either! 

ENY is a building. It's incapable of "wanting" anything.  DOB brass will decide which buses go where and that will be that.

Yea I never understand why Ulmer Park never got any Hybrids OG or NG Whichever? Can someone explain?

Many years ago, DOB wanted to assign some new RTS's to Ulmer Park. The union demanded training pay, even though the new buses were identical to other buses that were already there. DOB responded by assigning the new buses elsewhere and putting leftovers in Ulmer.MAybe that practice has continued.

ENY is a building. It's incapable of "wanting" anything.  DOB brass will decide which buses go where and that will be that

Do you know who I am? Did you know my name was given to me by the MTA? Did you know that I gave ENY employees their FIRST tour of 7090? 

I think that any person with common sense knows that East New York is a building. However, it's not "just a building." It's Surface Transit Headquarters for MTA Department of Buses. Or did you not know that?

I'm not the one to argue with. I have Brass on speed dial. I don't pull shit out of my ass just to have a discussion with people I have nothing to prove anything to.

Now if you would like, send me a PM, and I can meet you at ENY for a personal tour and let "Brass" confirm what I am saying. You do know that's where most DOB Brass are right? 

And the second part of your statement about why those RTS buses did not go to Ulmer is NOT entirely true at all. Not only that but many decisions Brass come to are direct requests or demands of a depot and sometimes the union. 

Ulmer Park rejected Orion VII's even though "Brass" made original assignments for the depot. So your statement is null and void off just that one example.

Now if you want to have a civil conversation with me then please continue. However, I am NOT your child, and you will respect me. You insulted my intelligence with the "ENY is a building..etc.." comment. You don't have to agree with my post, and you can cross-reference anything you would like. What you will NOT do is come at me like that. That is all.

Do you know who I am? Did you know my name was given to me by the MTA? Did you know that I gave ENY employees their FIRST tour of 7090? 

No, I don't — nor do you know who I am, because almost nobody here knows anybody else's actual names. Therefore, it makes very little sense to hit people over the head with the "I have Brass on speed dial" claim. That may or may not be true, and it's totally irrelevant.