MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was right in seeing 9503 that night, and seeing 9580 in the day! What's the need for mobile swings? Doesn't Fresh Pond need those buses, or did the NG's from Charleston cover that?

Fresh Pond has enough buses for service in the depot (as in total), as the RTS units are moved out, the next gens take its place

Edited by Calvin

What kind of artic bus is this? If we get this, this better be on the M15

Its a BYD all-electric bus, and no we will not be getting any of these. At least not anytime soon. Our articulated orders are taken care of through 2018 for the most part. I mentioned some months back that MTA was awaiting another electric demo from BYD. We will also see another 40 foot version of their bus as well.

Its a BYD all-electric bus, and no we will not be getting any of these. At least not anytime soon. Our articulated orders are taken care of through 2018 for the most part. I mentioned some months back that MTA was awaiting another electric demo from BYD. We will also see another 40 foot version of their bus as well.

Would it be sent to any depot or would it just shadow other routes?

Also, I just noticed, that bus has been around the nation... it's even been in St. Louis on the 70 Grand route...

Edited by LegoBrickBreaker101

Can anyone confirm a rumor that I overheard a BO talk about? This is the moves thread so I hope someone can clear this up.

(Mods, please move this post if you feel its in the wrong thread)

He said that Ulmer might get the NGs that East New York doesn't want and ENY would get Ulmer's 2011 XD40s or their 1999 RTS. I remember that ENY said that East New York wasn't pleased with hybrids but he didn't mention a specific plan.

Once again, I heard this rumor and I'm asking for any confirmation, if there is one. I am not saying that NGs will go to Ulmer.

Can anyone confirm a rumor that I overheard a BO talk about? This is the moves thread so I hope someone can clear this up.

(Mods, please move this post if you feel its in the wrong thread)

He said that Ulmer might get the NGs that East New York doesn't want and ENY would get Ulmer's 2011 XD40s or their 1999 RTS. I remember that ENY said that East New York wasn't pleased with hybrids but he didn't mention a specific plan.

Once again, I heard this rumor and I'm asking for any confirmation, if there is one. I am not saying that NGs will go to Ulmer.

well ENY wants RTS, once the new flyer recall ends. And somewhere in this thread a while back that someone said that ENY doesn't want hybrids anymore.

Edited by Far rockaway

3266,3314,3398,3400, 3403, 3438, 3452 at YON

3086, 3092 at ECH.

I wonder if this is permanent or just because snow is on the horizon like the last time 

Neither. Maintenance. It's been happening every weekend.

Edited by Cait Sith

Well from my count I've seen up to 10+ jfk's 5300's buses up to 5385 being stored at jfk airport. No new deliveries since 5374 almost 3 weeks ago.

If they are unwrapped I can understand why they didn't deliver them to JFK depot but its silly to think they are holding up the delivers for a new paint scheme when other buses need to be retired.