MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I bet both look identical, I want to go to JFK and see the bus there.

Speaking of JFK anyone heard anything about the XN40s yet?

5389 has been in service this entire week. That one hasn't visited the vendor in a while.

5989 is here, but I don't think it's at the vendor anymore.

Edited by Cait Sith

Any 7700's yet over to Gleason?? Spotted 7683 on the junction this week (Monday)

No,not at the moment

Yup. Saw it on the Q23 yesterday.

I honestly don't know why those 5100s were sent to LaGuardia Depot, I mean, yea their maintenance has sorta improved, but they still need to work on it. I think they should've sent those RTSs to MJQ,MV or Back to FB or wherever ECH got them from

No,not at the moment

I honestly don't know why those 5100s were sent to LaGuardia Depot, I mean, yea their maintenance has sorta improved, but they still need to work on it. I think they should've sent those RTSs to MJQ,MV or Back to FB or wherever ECH got them from

FB has 25 XD40s in their place. They couldn't send them back there. 

LGa and ECH are/were doing a swap. Those RTSs are now where the NGs were. 

Edited by Jdog14

No,not at the moment

LGA is way better than what they used to be 10 years ago and back in the Triboro days. Personally when the XD40's were announced for MTA bus I never expected them to go to LGA. I thought BP or ECH was getting them but when LGA was set to get them I knew things were really improving a lot for them.

No,not at the moment

....so they can replace the NGs that were swapped.

LGA is way better than what they used to be 10 years ago and back in the Triboro days. Personally when the XD40's were announced for MTA bus I never expected them to go to LGA. I thought BP or ECH was getting them but when LGA was set to get them I knew things were really improving a lot for them.

.... Agreed. LGA Maintenance is a lot better than before. It's all about lessons learned. They have improved a lot. Who knows later on they can take on Artics.

The swap isn't completed as of yet. Depending on the wood haven Blvd SBS nonsense LGA is not likely to get Artics plus as long as the exp lines stay at LGA, there is no room for the artics.

That doesn't mean the artics wouldn't push out buses. There's a very, very good chance that the artics will cause more moves, allowing them to make the space.

More than a good chance Cait. If and when woodhaven issues are sorted out artics will definitely push out local buses. The Q53 is going to LG artics or not, so things are going to get interesting next pic.

As far as LG, they may be better in the maintenance dept, but they still have quite a long way to go as they are still at the bottom of the barrel. After doing a maintenance check on the 5100's at EC, EN decided there was no way in hell the wanted them back. Flatbush no longer needs them, Grand could have taken them to bump some older buses but they said hell no too from what I am being told. Only remaining option was LG who has most all the RTS buses in BC Division.

5439 will be here within the next 90 days.

674 and 5989 are in the acceptance process. 5987 failed audit inspection and the rework was incorporated into 5989. 5990 should be next, followed by the rest of the pilots.