MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, aemoreira81 said:

Curious: will the B82 SBS be sourced initially from the existing ENY fleet, or will it be with the next XD40s or XDE40s coming in?

Fleet and depot thread on the first page it says it would start off with 40 footers XD40s. The XDEs are going to grand avenue. 

Thursday, I was driving behind 5486 on the N.Y.S. Thruway going south from Albany to New Brunswick, NJ. What was interesting was the fact that I saw 2 New Artics which had no side numbers on them going Northbound on the Thruway. I saw those 2 around Exit 18.

3 hours ago, Autocar said:

Thursday, I was driving behind 5486 on the N.Y.S. Thruway going south from Albany to New Brunswick, NJ. What was interesting was the fact that I saw 2 New Artics which had no side numbers on them going Northbound on the Thruway. I saw those 2 around Exit 18.

Same model as 5486 or not?

31 minutes ago, Autocar said:

Yes, both were New Flyers and same new paint scheme.

5486 is a LFSA Model. 

You may be referring to 7486 and 7487 which are New Flyers XD40. That was also on the New York Stare Thruway yesterday. I was in the same area yesterday coming from Newburgh/Poughkeepsie- Exit 18. 

Theres a New Flyer Plant in Jamestown, New York which is west from New York City via Rte 17/I-86 to 90/390 on the NYS Thruway Western Spur. 

Edited by Future ENY OP