New Flyer C40LF Archive Thread

East New York

I wouldn't doubt it if all 90 went to JG, and the rest to CP.

It Depends, That Might change,

you have 135 buses

Gleason should only get about 50 buses

College Point should get 50 Buses

Spring Creek would get the remaining 35 to bump their Hybrids that are being replaced to BP to get rid of their Orion V's.

This Would be a great idea if they did this.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It Depends, That Might change,

you have 135 buses

Gleason should only get about 50 buses

College Point should get 50 Buses

Spring Creek would get the remaining 35 to bump their Hybrids that are being replaced to BP to get rid of their Orion V's.

This Would be a great idea if they did this.

This idea isn't bad at all, but I think Gleason and CP should get all of them. SC will be ok with what they have for a little while. Their maintenance is top notch, plus I hear they send the Orion VII's to ENY for heavy maintenance. CP needs them now!!! I don't know what they will do until 2012. But if the TA get's the 270 buses from New Flyer, Nova, and Orion, (collectively) they will be OK. If this doesn't pan out, CP will be in big trouble! Correction.... Huge trouble!!!

Ok, so after reading some VERY convincing documents, I can eat crow and say that I was wrong. Looks like we're back in bed with New Flyer. Something many of us thought would never happen after the boondoggle of 2002 and 2003.

Ok, so after reading some VERY convincing documents, I can eat crow and say that I was wrong. Looks like we're back in bed with New Flyer. Something many of us thought would never happen after the boondoggle of 2002 and 2003.

That's why it took me forever to post it! I could not believe my ears! When I first got the news I refused to post it because it was more than my brain could process.

I would be surprised if the option is not exercised---and would not be surprised if Gleason got all of the NYC Transit batch, with West Farms getting all of the O7 CNGs that they do not already have (2002-2004 batch).

There is precedent for an entire order of 100+ buses going to just one garage...Gleason got all 190 C40LFs.

I wouldnt say that at all, this year, the newer buses that they've been building have been plagued with frame and body/build issues. This is not a wise move but we'll see what happens.

Well this is only recently because Transit Agencies are rushing New Flyer to finish their orders!! So what happens is the buses are built half ass and the quality isn't there anymore

Congrats to NF for making it back to the big apple.I kan see all 90 going to JG with the wrose C40 being scrap.the rest will be overhauled with some ending Up elsewhere WF or MTA BUS.

But anything kan happen....

From what i understand, The 189 C40LFs that are currently in JG will be moved around between CP and WF.....A brunt of the The new order will be going to JG....as far as LIB, I know they were supposed to get some of the Orion VII order but that was before the contract was pulled, so IDK what they are gonna get

I didn't believe it at first either......I'm still kinda in denial, but it looks like it happened!

I would be surprised if the option is not exercised---and would not be surprised if Gleason got all of the NYC Transit batch, with West Farms getting all of the O7 CNGs that they do not already have (2002-2004 batch).

There is precedent for an entire order of 100+ buses going to just one garage...Gleason got all 190 C40LFs.

JG will be LOSING some of the C40LFs between WF and CP.....JG will be getting roughly 90 new buses...idk what the rest of them are going to

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Who cares what happens as long the new buses work well.

And i belive those L10G LIB 05 cng's will hang around a lil bit longer.

JG will be LOSING some of the C40LFs between WF and CP.....JG will be getting roughly 90 new buses...idk what the rest of them are going to

Only CP, WF had them before they sent them right back, But WF can get them again, The Orion V CNG's are the 1st to go, LIB is not getting anything, Haven't you heard that (MTA) wants to stop funding LIB, That means that those NG at LIB will be at any NYCT or MTA bus depot.

Well this is only recently because Transit Agencies are rushing New Flyer to finish their orders!! So what happens is the buses are built half ass and the quality isn't there anymore

I have a feeling New Flyer will start building our Pilot Bus (rumored to be #7820) within the next 90 days. If you think for one second this won't be the best built C40 to come off the line, then let me tell you something. New Flyer will make it the best bus they will ever send to NYC. They want to make sure they exercise the optional order. They will test this bus extensively in house before they even think about sending it to Zerega to begin revenue testing.

Only CP, WF had them before they sent them right back, But WF can get them again, The Orion V CNG's are the 1st to go, LIB is not getting anything, Haven't you heard that (MTA) wants to stop funding LIB, That means that those NG at LIB will be at any NYCT or MTA bus depot.

LIB isn't going anywhere. MTA is using scare tactics. And I think they should! Nassau County wants bus service, but isn't doing shit to ensure they keep it. They will be forced to pay up! I'm not sure when they will get more buses, but it may be after the optional order is exercised. They have had an all Orion assembly for years now, so seeing C40's in LI would be exciting to say the least!

I have a feeling New Flyer will start building our Pilot Bus (rumored to be #7820) within the next 90 days. If you think for one second this won't be the best built C40 to come off the line, then let me tell you something. New Flyer will make it the best bus they will ever send to NYC. They want to make sure they exercise the optional order. They will test this bus extensively in house before they even think about sending it to Zerega to begin revenue testing.

LIB isn't going anywhere. MTA is using scare tactics. And I think they should! Nassau County wants bus service, but isn't doing shit to ensure they keep it. They will be forced to pay up! I'm not sure when they will get more buses, but it may be after the optional order is exercised. They have had an all Orion assembly for years now, so seeing C40's in LI would be exciting to say the least!

Both New Flyer and (MTA) have something to lose if these buses have serious issues. I honestly believe that the (MTA) factored past performance over price in this contract (and of course legally they had to go to the lowest bidder, but I stand by that theory also), especially given the 18 years of shoddy service from Onion. If the C40LFRs have issues then this will be a serious black eye for both parties.

Given that LIB got the first new CNGs when we needed new ones also, I don't think you'll see New Flyers with the LIB brand anytime soon (assuming we don't ditch them all together). As for the scare tactic, a part of me doesn't see the stubbornness of Nassau County subsiding, part of me sees them caving in once they realize the inept clowns that is Albany aren't going to play rescue.

If They did that, OMG I would be the 1st one there to ride it, I can't wait for the test bus to come.

After reading the NYCT Documentation on the order, the first two pilot buses aren't due until April 2011 with one bus going into a 90 day test evaluation and the other going through other simulated testing.

(READING IS FUNDAMENTAL, LOL! These documents outline the whole order, so there is no guessing!)

30hso0n.jpg

34hex54.png

w7zfjt.png

(thanks to Gold12th @ Buschat for the images)

After reading the NYCT Documentation on the order, the first two pilot buses aren't due until April 2011 with one bus going into a 90 day test evaluation and the other going through other simulated testing.

I Know, I read the document. I wonder when they fix up the 1999 RTS, I wonder where they are going to be, I Know they might be reassigned.

I Know, I read the document. I wonder when they fix up the 1999 RTS, I wonder where they are going to be, I Know they might be reassigned.

I didn't mean to quote you, that was actually for "East New York", I quoted the wrong post.

But to answer your question about the 1999 RTSs, the sandblasting isn't so that they can send the buses elsewhere. This is to assure that these buses last some extra years in service. Sandblasting will remove any surface rust starting to show and then they'll undercoat (Paint) the bus' bulkheads and structure and more than likely, they'll just return to what ever depot they're assigned to.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

So we saved $2800 per bus during negotiations...that's using the noggin (MTA) lol

I can't wait for these to hit the streets now

Archived