My father has died

Shortline Bus

Sorry for your Loss and my condoences go to you and your familiy and close friends

And also my mom smokes but she doesn't want to quit yet but I'm glad she cut back from 5packs a day to 1 a day and now things are getting better but I'm still hoping she would quit for good

RIP to your Father

He is in god's hands now

Also i lost my uncle due to suicide by taking allergy meds overdose of 230pills in a Motel. It hurt me so much but i moved on and this was last month on the 21st it happen and the funerall was on the 26th

Here was his own words from his service card.

"Perhaps my time seemed all too brief, Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.

If my parting has left a void, then fill it with remembered joy.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow.

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow."

Like everyone else here, I am so, so sorry for your loss. It looks like he left a great legacy for you to take with you and be proud of. Take all the time you need to heal.

Even if one person quits smoking from your post, the terrible loss of your father will bring some good to the world.

My sincerest and deepest condolences to you and your family. I lost my father August 7th last year at 91 years old as a result of a heart attack also. I totally understand and feel your pain. I wish you all the patience in the world. Just remember that he is in a better place and not suffering anymore. As time goes on the pain will subside but his spirit and presence will be with you always. Just think he is not there with you physically but you will feel him by your side. Best wishes to you my friend and above all else PATIENCE..... R.I.P.

Thanks guys! I had no idea so many of you had such respect for me. I know I may have gotten into some serious shouting matches even arguments w/ a couple of you. With that said this support has made me feel better and I am not alone.

Anyhow couple of final songs to post that My Dad enjoyed.

"Bridge over Troubled Water"

"One Sweet Day"

"give me one reason" Tracy Chapman

(last 'recent' song lol he loved)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPcjjOrKmJw

As a Texas native that spent much of his life in NYC, My Dad loved music especially country, R&B and Southern Rock.

God Bless Guys.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I really wish the best luck for your father and your entire family. I know that your father is watching over you in the heavens, guiding you right in your side. Trust me, I know how you felt when this happened, but look on the bright side, even though your father passed away there will always be much better and peaceful times in your future and i know that your father's spirit will always follow you and guide you for your safety and protection. I wish you the greatest luck for you and let your father rest in peace in heaven with God, Jesus and the Angels in heaven.:)

Guys you really been great in this diffcult time for my family and Thanks. Last Night i saw the lastest Sherk movie(I think that great movie series is played out lol)in Albany. Earlier that day I had job interview for teaching post up there. This weekend staying home other than laundry to pack & get ready for the sad trip.

I am leaving offically Tuesday Morning 8/3/10 flying from Philadelphia as I am driving down to South NJ and meeting my Brother on Monday Night to fly with him. Then the wake and funeral before i go home.

I be ok but I am most worried about My Mom now a widow. Often Spouses die soon after when their wives/husbands pass away after a long marriage.

Other than the first night I have yet to cry. I know men is not to cry much :cry:

but maybe since I have not seen him since his passing. That probably will change next week seeing his body for the last time before his burial.

Still in shock but wondering if it's normal? My Mom has cried very little though. Meanwhile my sister living w/ my folks has gone to pieces crying frequent. Any reason?

Guys I am serious, have you been to a funeral (burial) before? Surprise I never been to one. I been to a lot of 'wake' aka memorial services for friends and cousins though. My family tends to live long often as one of my grandmother lived until 92. Even My older sister first husband who sadly died from cancer, I only went to the "Wake" never the funeral.

My Grandmother died when i was 3 years old so I don't remember that event.

Love to hear back on what a burial/funeral event is like? I try to post when in California but if you don't hear from me often until I return home to the Hudson Valley, I hope you understand.

This hurts guys.

Just got your PM.

I also lost my father this year.

dam bro... sorry to hear about this...

My condolances goes out to you.

The way I go about any loss of a relative/friend... is to sit back & reminisce of the good times, even the bad times you had with that person... sure, it's gonna hurt, the more you think of him (in this case)....

But use that same hurt... to make yourself a better man.... so that, if you have any kids of your own, or younger siblings, or whoever you wanna reach out to, you can inject tidbits of your life experiences before you pass, onto whomever you feel fit.... I'm sure that's what your father instilled onto you.

Even though it will leave emotional scars....

What doesn't kill you... really does make you stronger.

Just got your PM.

I also lost my father this year.

dam bro... sorry to hear about this...

My condolances goes out to you.

The way I go about any loss of a relative/friend... is to sit back & reminisce of the good times, even the bad times you had with that person... sure, it's gonna hurt, the more you think of him (in this case)....

But use that same hurt... to make yourself a better man.... so that, if you have any kids of your own, or younger siblings, or whoever you wanna reach out to, you can inject tidbits of your life experiences before you pass, onto whomever you feel fit.... I'm sure that's what your father instilled onto you.

Even though it will leave emotional scars....

What doesn't kill you... really does make you stronger.

Thanks bro. I am also so sorry about your Dad's passing earlier this year as well.:cry:

The Best and Prayers to you and Your family.

I will try to follow that great advice B35 especially to my nieces/nephews (& my own kids as well if I can only find 'miss right lol) and also at work if I am still in the Teaching Field lol. Seriously I can now provide first hand knowledge of how smoking & heavy drinking can cut short someone life to teens in Middle/Jr. High School and High School starting. My Dad was also a heavy drinker in the post military era as well.

I don't condone his habits earlier in his life but he did come from a poor family in Texas.

I am sure if he never smoked and heavy drinker My Dad could easily lived till 90 or much longer. My Dad was in great physical shape and was a good Running Back in Football in HS as well as a young man. At least his pain is gone.

The song my aunt sang to me when my Uncle Dale died. Losing someone close is never easy. But I was told the natural order of things was for us to bury our parents. My condolences and remember to let time heal the pain.

Thanks Urban. :tup:I loved this R&B classic from the 1970's. It was also in the "Boyz N the Hood" movie soundtrack as well and used in that film and got new younger fans like myself.

My deepest condolences go out to you, Larry. I myself am still young haven't experienced a very close death in the family, but you must be taking it hard. Just let it out if you feel like you're holding anything back, since it's not good to well up those feelings inside. Your feelings of mourning will come to pass.

Your going to get through it man. Take one day at a time.

thanks:cry:. The toughest part of this mourning period is the next few days with the wake and funeral and viewing his body for the last time ever.

I fly out Tuesday Morning so Monday Night spending night with relative in the city. So after tonight 8/1/10 I won't be online here that much until I return home next week. Again my thanks for the well wishes in this tough time guys.

Good luck and Godspeed to your fathers Funeral and yes i have been to a funeral and i placed a flower on to his coffin.

Thanks. Right now as i write this I am in San Diego, Ca. (8/4/10)and tonight is the wake. The hard part will be the funeral on Monday 8/9/10)so if i get thru these event I be ok. Still upset but his passing is slowly settling in.

Keep you guys posted.

Archived