R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next weekend the 179s will be testing in a easy to get to location and on a weekend!?! I expect a lot of railfans will turnout for this like they do for museum train runs...

I'm guessing the tests they are doing on the Brighton Express tracks were the same tests they did with the previous NTT fleets on sea beach.

What is EMI testing? Is that like emergency brake testing or something like that?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

EMI = Electro-Magnetic Interference.

The AC propulsion system emits a magnetic field which can disrupt certain electronics close enough to the trackside. They need to test the level of interference to make sure it is within tolerable limits and not overtly disruptive.

Digressing, here is 3062-3065 being transferred to Pitkin from 207:

The AC propulsion system emits a magnetic field which can disrupt certain electronics close enough to the trackside. They need to test the level of interference to make sure it is within tolerable limits and not overtly disruptive.

Digressing, here is 3062-3065 being transferred to Pitkin from 207:

Beautiful catch....Great pic once again Fan Railer.... :)

Haha tell that to my haters. 13 dislikes in the first 30 minutes the video was uploaded lmfaooooo  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh wow.....You know there's always a hater somewhere regardless... :angry: ...Well im not a hater my good friend and never will be...I really enjoy the videos/photos you post.... 

Wait couldn't something like that affect cellphones?

Yeah they were gonna have those cars out this weekend to do the EMI testing, but that is canceled from what I heard. Bombardier isn't ready yet.

So no R179 test this weekend, sorry guys. You'll have to do something else on ur saturdays!

Also the TSS that usually has that train told me last week that he's being stalked by buffs. Told me one guy in particular has really been following his train around since october, crazy man. give him a break! Lmao

Edited by CarInspector 848

Yeah they were gonna have those cars out this weekend to do the EMI testing, but that is canceled from what I heard. Bombardier isn't ready yet.

So no R179 test this weekend, sorry guys. You'll have to do something else on ur saturdays!

Also the TSS that usually has that train told me last week that he's being stalked by buffs. Told me one guy in particular has really been following his train around since october, crazy man. give him a break! Lmao

Ha! Thats funny because the other day i was in the crew room at euclid and one of the R179 qualified guys was complaining about some guy who follows the test train around every day.