Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

Program Update effective 2/20/19

E70AE3B5-BCC7-4242-8958-215EA3B3E968.jpeg

2A3D4B44-9846-4D37-8FFE-88142B572B51.jpeg

844D9F11-6BFF-4B1B-A0AA-CEEF1E3D444B.jpeg

D143F871-E911-4F90-BF83-14B590D436A2.jpeg

018FCF27-0E25-47C4-8133-9E14E0160D65.jpeg

FCAB8EC7-FC4C-45EB-95CC-8F213A2E4F1E.jpeg

Message added by East New York

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Probably coming in Monday

Given that 3242-38 was spotted heading to Pitkin late Thursday night, I wouldn't be surprised if 3247-46 arrived Monday, with the same deliveries happening like last week, to end up with 3247-43 heading to Pitkin next Thursday as well. If that indeed happens, I'd assume 3238-47 would be on the test track in the near future. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2019 at 12:38 AM, MTABFan3746 said:

3230-3237 is currently testing along the (A)/(C) 

I got lucky and was able to get a Rockaway Park bound (A) sign placed up lol. Thanks for the heads up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Enjineer said:

Given that 3242-38 was spotted heading to Pitkin late Thursday night, I wouldn't be surprised if 3247-46 arrived Monday, with the same deliveries happening like last week, to end up with 3247-43 heading to Pitkin next Thursday as well. If that indeed happens, I'd assume 3238-47 would be on the test track in the near future. 

I would assume 3238-3242 would hit the test track sometime this week before 3243-3247 arrives. If next week 3248-3252 is spotted coming in, it finally means Bombardier is accelerating the delivery of cars and is starting to meet the 1 car per day production rate. Fingers crossed 🤞

 

3 hours ago, railrfan11 said:

has anyone seen the 10-car set ?

I didn't see it Thursday, and the last time I saw it was early April. No clue where it could be, but since its now part of the fleet, it can show up at anytime, even overnight when no one is out. Another 5-car set is already here, with another incoming, so soon there will be 2 on the (A), it will be more common to find a 10-car set soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

When will G line get NTTs (R160's and R179's) what would have happened to the NTTs on the N/W and Q Line? are there any proofs?

Presently, there are no plans for the (G) to receive NTTs.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lance said:

Presently, there are no plans for the (G) to receive NTTs.

are there any plans that NTTs (R160's) would be displaced off the N/W and Q Line? or it is just fake news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lance said:

Presently, there are no plans for the (G) to receive NTTs.

I've heard many said that If CBTC is fully completed in the QBL, G would recieve NTTs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, subwayfan1998 said:

I've heard many said that If CBTC is fully completed in the QBL, G would recieve NTTs.

This is all just speculation. Due to CBTC in the first 5 years of the FF plan, the (G) is bound to get NTTs. The (N) and (W) will not have CBTC within the first 5 years, so the theory has been that there will be a whole switcheroo and the (N) / (W) will get R68s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, j express said:

3070-3073 is doing burn in on the (C) now and it’s coupled with 3146-3149 from ENY 

Saw it as well. I think they’re going to stay at 207th. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

This is all just speculation. Due to CBTC in the first 5 years of the FF plan, the (G) is bound to get NTTs. The (N) and (W) will not have CBTC within the first 5 years, so the theory has been that there will be a whole switcheroo and the (N) / (W) will get R68s.

N/W will have CBTC in next 10 years, yes you're right it is just speculation. But I Doubt N/W will get R68s, R68s will mostly be on Concourse Yard. What about the Q Line, if G Train get NTTs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, subwayfan1998 said:

N/W will have CBTC in next 10 years, yes you're right it is just speculation. But I Doubt N/W will get R68s, R68s will mostly be on Concourse Yard. What about the Q Line, if G Train get NTTs.

BTW, N/W Already has R68s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The (A) 179 has been out of service for a few weeks, don't know what's wrong. 

  • LMAO! 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw an R179 signed up as an (A) to Euclid Av with nobody on it. Probably out of service. Seen at Canal St around 12:30pm today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, VIP said:

3070-3073 is doing burn in on the (C) now and it’s coupled with 3146-3149 from ENY 

16 hours ago, VIP said:

Saw it as well. I think they’re going to stay at 207th. 

More likely that ENY is excused from providing a break-in crew,, while the personnel are all currently based at 207 & Pitkin.

Once they get their miles and are accepted it won't really matter where they run.  

My money is on East New York (J)(Z) if only BECAUSE the trouble was taken  to import 3146-49 specifically for this purpose.  It exudes seriousness...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan05979 said:

The (A) 179 has been out of service for a few weeks, don't know what's wrong. 

Why Out of Service, R179s look a lot better in the (A) than these Crappy Old R32s, R46s and R68s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, subwayfan1998 said:

Why Out of Service, R179s look a lot better in the (A) than these Crappy Old R32s, R46s and R68s

Might be software issues, upgrades and etc.

Once work and troubleshooting is done they'll be back in service

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

Is there any sign of 3243-3247 in the Tri-State area yet?

My friend saw it heading to Pitkin last night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening ladies and gentlemen lol. Forgive me for being late in the game (I haven't been here in about two weeks now I think), but I've recently heard from a friend of mine that all four-car R179s have successfully been delivered? If that's true, then that's wonderful news. Now we just need to get the five-car sets into the table and the entire R179 order is complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

Evening ladies and gentlemen lol. Forgive me for being late in the game (I haven't been here in about two weeks now I think), but I've recently heard from a friend of mine that all four-car R179s have successfully been delivered? If that's true, then that's wonderful news. Now we just need to get the five-car sets into the table and the entire R179 order is complete.

All 4 car sets delivered. First five car set other than 3010-3019 has been delivered also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eagle Railfanning said:

Anyone know why 3010-19 is testing again? 

I'm not really up to speed on the R179 program so I don't know for sure, but it's likely they needed to do some sort of modification (most likely software) that was serious enough to warrant redoing the burn-in test.  Remember, the original R179 trains (3010-3019, 3050-3057) had/have many more issues than the production cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

Might be software issues, upgrades and etc.

Once work and troubleshooting is done they'll be back in service

Honest Speaking i haven't take the A for about 15 years, i would love to again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.