SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Lex said:
22 hours ago, CenSin said:

Looks like Broken Windows is here to stay. What a great time to live in NYC. Now they have to treat the rest of the subway system like they treat the LIRR: it’s not a mobile home.

I can't tell if that's sincere or sarcastic...

Definitely sincere. Sarcastic remarks are always punctuated with /s for this very reason! 🙂

9 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Accessibility complete at Metropolitan Av-Lorimer (G)(L)!

29-040124metro029.jpg

I wonder why the MTA hasn’t made Mets Willets point accessible, when will the board members act and do something🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

I wonder why the MTA hasn’t made Mets Willets point accessible, when will the board members act and do something🤷‍♂️

maybe you all should have thought about that before you started calling for Airtrain LGA to be canceled, as that would have given the entire Willets Point station complex a full renovation. 

6 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:
8 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

maybe you all should have thought about that before you started calling for Airtrain LGA to be canceled, as that would have given the entire Willets Point station complex a full renovation.

Building a backwards shuttle to the airport just to get a single accessible station is like… (help me out here, I can’t settle on an analogy.)

2 hours ago, CenSin said:

Building a backwards shuttle to the airport just to get a single accessible station is like… (help me out here, I can’t settle on an analogy.)

Yeah the (7) can’t fit any more people on it, but the one advantage of the air train to willets point is the extra space to build the air train without NIMBYs

9 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

You just stole my words what I was about to say. 

11 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

If you and the rest of your NIMBY friends and neighbors said no to the Airtrain to LGA, then Mets-Willits Point (Willits Point Blvd originally, and a local station to top it off) would’ve been accessible maybe either now or next year. Be careful of what you wish for! What you didn’t wanted back then is now what you regret now. 

45 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:
9 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

You just stole my words what I was about to say. 

If you and the rest of your NIMBY friends and neighbors said no to the Airtrain to LGA, then Mets-Willits Point (Willits Point Blvd originally, and a local station to top it off) would’ve been accessible maybe either now or next year. Be careful of what you wish for! What you didn’t wanted back then is now what you regret now. 

And is anyone complaining about the lack of an Airtrain to LGA? From Mets-Willets Point I should add? I have yet to see anyone really care for that loss.

3 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I thought mets willets point was already ADA?

It is whenever the northbound side platform is open for customers - usually from 90 minutes prior to an event, to 90 minutes after it's conclusion. There is a ramp from that platform.

Otherwise, it is not.

19 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

A good idea shouldn't hinge on bullshit.

34 minutes ago, Kriston Lewis said:

It is whenever the northbound side platform is open for customers - usually from 90 minutes prior to an event, to 90 minutes after it's conclusion. There is a ramp from that platform.

Otherwise, it is not.

Yeah and people that go to Manhattan have to backtrack to Main St then remain on the (7) local headed to Manhattan. Those needing ADA accessibility can’t take the <7> Super Expresses since they depart from the Express platform at Mets-Willets Point, unless they miraculously catch it at Woodside-61 St (Junction Blvd is skipped)

21 hours ago, darkstar8983 said:

Yeah the (7) can’t fit any more people on it, but the one advantage of the air train to willets point is the extra space to build the air train without NIMBYs

And at the end of the day, there were STILL NIMBY’s who opposed the AirTrain.

14 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I thought mets willets point was already ADA?

Its… Quasi-ADA, sort of. There’s things about that station that prevent it from being 100% ADA Accessible 

SEPTA in Philly is installing new turnstiles in the 69th Street station on the Market-Frankford Line in Upper Darby (just outside the city limits):

SEPTA needs to make these gates taller and lower so people can't jump or crawl underneath. Otherwise, these are the kind of turnstiles the (MTA) needs to be installing at subway stations to cut down on fare beating. 

As you all know today, New York experienced a 4.8 Earthquake today, and I’m wondering what’s the protocol when an earthquake of this magnitude or larger happens on the subway?? Do the trains go on halt? 

On 4/3/2024 at 4:23 PM, NBTA said:

The station will get a renovation, especially since the Futbol Stadium will be there before the World Cup (allegedly).

The stadium will not be done before the World cup. When City Group made the stadium plans public, they stated that it might be completely built by 2027. The venues for the Men's World Cup were already set beforehand.

World Cup stadium bids were long ago decided.

16 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

As you all know today, New York experienced a 4.8 Earthquake today, and I’m wondering what’s the protocol when an earthquake of this magnitude or larger happens on the subway?? Do the trains go on halt? 

Put it this way… I was on my train during the aftershock and felt nothing.

I remember when the (7) had the G/O that has trains only run between 74 St-Broadway and Main St, there wouldn't be much service between Hudson Yards and Times Square.  Only Shuttle buses. But, with the Auto Show this week, there's a shuttle train service back and forth 5 minutes. 

30 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I remember when the (7) had the G/O that has trains only run between 74 St-Broadway and Main St, there wouldn't be much service between Hudson Yards and Times Square.  Only Shuttle buses. But, with the Auto Show this week, there's a shuttle train service back and forth 5 minutes. 

When the broker asked me what objections I had to the Hudson Yards property, this was exactly my gripe. Yea, there is a subway station. But it’s out of service every other weekend, and it’s the only subway station around. Also, I don’t want to go to Queens. I only need it to get me to a train that I do need.

Edited by CenSin

18 hours ago, Calvin said:

It should be a permanent during this GO imo, maybe when the Grand Central 42nd street circulation improvements is 50% complete or so, the (7) can run between hunters point and Hudson yards, I know it currently can’t because of such project, but it’s possible