SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name all the super expresses you know of.

-Queens Plaza to Forest Hills (E)(F).

-Barclays Center 36th/59th Street (D)(N).

-Columbus Circle to 125th Street (A)(D).

-34th Street to W4th Street (B)(D).

-72nd Street to Times Square (2)(3).

-14th Street to Chambers Street (2)(3).

Add on to this list please.

Euclid Av-Broadway Junction (A)

Nostrand Av-Hoyt/Schermerhorn Sts (A)

125 Street-86 St on the (4)(5)

Grand Central-Union Sq (4)(5)

Union Sq-Brooklyn Br (4)(5)

Edited by 46Dover

Euclid Av-Broadway Junction (A)

Nostrand Av-Hoyt/Schermerhorn Sts (A)

125 Street-86 St on the (4)(5)

Grand Central-Union Sq (4)(5)

Union Sq-Brooklyn Br (4)(5)

Woodside-61st to Junction ( :D ) on the <7>

Mets Willets to Woodside on the <7> (Met Game)

Myrtle Av to Marcy on the (J)(M)(Z)

71st-Continental to Roosevelt (E)(F)

Woodside-61st to Junction ( :D ) on the <7>

Mets Willets to Woodside on the <7> (Met Game)

Myrtle Av to Marcy on the (J)(M)(Z)

71st-Continental to Roosevelt (E)(F)

I said QBL (E)(F) already. And is the <7> really a super express, or does it not feel like one because it is elevated?

Waiting for the (F) to Jamaica and THREE (M) trains come first! You can't make this stuff up.

Really? Which reminds me, on Sunday, THREE Jamaica-bound (F) trains were in service in a row at Forest Hills.

Edited by MTA Dude

I said QBL (E)(F) already. And is the <7> really a super express, or does it not feel like one because it is elevated?

Really? Which reminds me, on Sunday, THREE Jamaica-bound (F) trains were in service in a row at Forest Hills.

This happens in Brooklyn on 4th Avenue, train bunching where many times I am waiting for the N to go home and two to three D trains in a row arrive at Atlantic Avenue-Barklays before an N arrives. Many times I get so fed up that I just take the R. Like every other day in the PM rush this happens.

Then when I arrive at 59th Street all of a sudden an N arrives. I strongly suspect these T/Ds dispatch these trains like this deliberately. Which is highly annoying when I am not in the photograhy mood and just want to get the hell home after a long day. People depend on the N too, the N can get overcrowded in general rush hours as it is.... 

They used to send select W trains down the Sea Beach to the yard, rush hrs, in service, to make up for this but the budget cuts stopped that practice in 2010.

I think this is why they are now throwing R68As on the N rush hours to try and mitigate train bunching on 4th Avenue as they send it from Astoria by 4:30 approximately PM rush hours.

This goes back to my first question...what is a super express. If you want to be technical, the only TRUE super express is the (7) after Mets games. Everything else you mentioned are just regular express runs.

No it's not, I just saw it twenty minutes ago. 504x set.

its nor on Joe's sheet, doesn't mean much though

Waiting for the (F) to Jamaica and THREE (M) trains come first! You can't make this stuff up.

that is ridiculous.

This goes back to my first question...what is a super express. If you want to be technical, the only TRUE super express is the (7) after Mets games. Everything else you mentioned are just regular express runs.

thank you!

Reminds me of my favorite super express, the NX,  short-lived but not forgotten.

So today I rode an (M) from Broadway Junction to York Street...

RTO Man shared with us this photo on Facebook. Got crazy likes for it. Get ready:

14898_10202520715608908_2266083091735695

Thats what you see. Yes it ran to Lefferts Bvld because of a switch malfunction on Broadway-Lafayatte.

So according to NYC Fire Wire on Facebook, there is a fire in the Steinway Tunnel.

Manhattan *75-0791* E 42 St/1st Ave. Division 3 using All Hands for a fire on the 7 line under the East River between Manhattan & Queens.

And news has been reporting that a fire near Grand Central is shutting down the (7), which pretty much I think everyone would know by now. 

Service has pretty much resumed, but now I'm wondering if anything has been done to the weeks of work they've been doing in the tunnel? I know it was just a track fire, but it might have done something to the CBTC and such as it was stated to be near a signal area (I'm assuming it's where the switches are at)...

So according to NYC Fire Wire on Facebook, there is a fire in the Steinway Tunnel.

And news has been reporting that a fire near Grand Central is shutting down the (7), which pretty much I think everyone would know by now. 

Service has pretty much resumed, but now I'm wondering if anything has been done to the weeks of work they've been doing in the tunnel? I know it was just a track fire, but it might have done something to the CBTC and such as it was stated to be near a signal area (I'm assuming it's where the switches are at)...

I'm wondering too.

I remember back in 2005, after the fire at Canal St, the (MTA) sent the (V) to Euclid to replace the (C). The (M) to Lefferts tops that one... wow.

Also, why didn't they just send the rerouted (M)'s to Coney Island, either through Culver or West End? Why Lefferts? :P

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

I remember back in 2005, after the fire at Canal St, the (MTA) sent the (V) to Euclid to replace the (C). The (M) to Lefferts tops that one... wow.

Also, why didn't they just send the rerouted (M)'s to Coney Island, either through Culver or West End? Why Lefferts? :P

I see we both miss the Brown (M) and (V) ! Les go! But why the (M) to Lefferts? I bet the FIND was signed up as the Brown (M) as the announcements were the old Williamsburg reroutes to Queens or Bklyn. The only edited reroutes was the (M) To Forest Hills, to Essex and the (M) to Chambers ( :( ) .

RTO Man shared with us this photo on Facebook. Got crazy likes for it. Get ready:

Thats what you see. Yes it ran to Lefferts Bvld because of a switch malfunction on Broadway-Lafayatte.

Thats an interesting one!

These diversions give ideas for trains that you wouldn't even think of putting in openbve!